G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Car is donezo...off on a tow truck to the dealers...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 01:44 PM
Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Ketchup83se01
not necessarily, sucks they havent dropped the engine out and and torn it apart already which should take them a day, probably dont wanna do all the extra work since it wont pay much and they being lazy
Yeah it sucks but nothing i can do at this point..just hope they find the issue soon and replace the engine

Old 04-12-2011, 01:02 PM
UPDATE:

Short block is on order now. It's piston slap so they approved the short block repair and should be done by middle/end of next week. They are going to keep it a few days after that to drive it and test it.

They think it's bad piston slap. When he started it up yesterday again...there was no noise at all. He was wary of it and let it sit overnight...started it up this AM and loud as could be.

Old 04-12-2011, 01:05 PM
Received 513 Likes on 420 Posts
hopefully everything will be smooth now. Sucks that it took them that long to finally repair it. Seems like they were exhausting all the easy options before taking the plunge

Old 04-12-2011, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by jake_91306
hopefully everything will be smooth now. Sucks that it took them that long to finally repair it. Seems like they were exhausting all the easy options before taking the plunge
You gotta figure..working on my car for say 30 hours..at high labor rates ect..plus a $6,000 short block? They put almost more dam money into the car than it's worth

ALSO: They said old camshaft had some discoloration which meant it was getting too hot?

Old 04-12-2011, 01:23 PM
Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts
Any idea why that happened?

Old 04-12-2011, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by Q8y_drifter
Any idea why that happened?
They have no idea

Old 04-13-2011, 10:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow - i've read this entire thread and am shocked. luckily i haven't had to admit my 2008 G35 for any repairs but our other vehicles have always been serviced at a local garage that we've trusted for over 10 years. in the past we've had them do pretty serious repairs (replace tranny, blown head gasket, full brake system replacement) and even then they would never consider keeping the vehicle even 1/4 of the time the dealership has kept your G35. our garage would even keep working on our vehicles til midnight if it meant keeping us happy and getting us back into the car.
your dealership needs some serious ***-whipping.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:57 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I've followed this thread from the start and having worked at various dealerships all my working life, I am amazed that a building full of qualified technicians took this long to diagnose a simple piston slap. How these "techs" can confuse piston slap, which is in the lower part of the block, with valve train issues, which would be in the cylinder head area is a disgrace. They probably should have given the original diag to one of the girls in the office or maybe the lot boy. If they had, your car would be home by now.

That would be my last visit to that dealer and once your car is back home, I'd make sure that Infiniti was aware of the lackluster performance by the staff at that dealer.

Mike

Old 04-13-2011, 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by mikeb2

That would be my last visit to that dealer and once your car is back home, I'd make sure that Infiniti was aware of the lackluster performance by the staff at that dealer.

Mike
It will be. Already have a complaint against them as well. At least i basically am getting a new engine out of it. Maybe it will be more powerful than my old 62,000 mile one!?

Old 04-14-2011, 05:15 PM
Had to go to the dealership to get some things out of my car:..looked through the window and you could see this giant glob of metal..aka engine/transmission sitting next to my car..asked if it was mine and they said yup. Car was on a lift with these tubes coming out of the exhaust and the engine with the guy taking it apart next to it...tried to snag a picture but i didn't have my phone.

Question to you guys...does this mean i get a free oil change PLUS a transmission fluid change? The transmission is attached to the engine when it comes out..so do they have to drain the fluid?

Old 04-14-2011, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by Anton_Chigurh
Had to go to the dealership to get some things out of my car:..looked through the window and you could see this giant glob of metal..aka engine/transmission sitting next to my car..asked if it was mine and they said yup. Car was on a lift with these tubes coming out of the exhaust and the engine with the guy taking it apart next to it...tried to snag a picture but i didn't have my phone.

Question to you guys...does this mean i get a free oil change PLUS a transmission fluid change? The transmission is attached to the engine when it comes out..so do they have to drain the fluid?
I would assume so... But I would be more worried about the car not running as it did before with all the work done on it. I mean if they are this dumb to diagnose the problem how great do you think they will be fixing it..

Sorry to make you worry. I am sure it will be fine. But yeah if they drain it then they would have to refill with new...

Any time frame on how long it will take to fix?

Old 04-14-2011, 06:52 PM
Done middle of next week..they are going to keep if for a day or so longer to put miles on it to make sure its fine

Old 04-14-2011, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by CerveloR3-SL
I would assume so... But I would be more worried about the car not running as it did before with all the work done on it. I mean if they are this dumb to diagnose the problem how great do you think they will be fixing it..

Sorry to make you worry. I am sure it will be fine. But yeah if they drain it then they would have to refill with new...

Any time frame on how long it will take to fix?
Yea that is always something to be cautious about with Infiniti - here's two stories that happened with me where they tried scamming me somehow.

Once a few years back my old FX was vandalized after a sporting event (I didn't see it happen) and my hood was stomped in as if someone danced on it (among many other things). Infiniti service said they felt bad and I knew the Infiniti manager at the time kinda well. He told me he'd cut the labor costs cause he felt so bad about what happened and among other things they had to replace the hood. All they did was get out the dents on the hood, which were massssivvveeee, and they told me it was brand new. I made a few tiny scratches that I specifically rememered making underneath the hood which was still there. The FX hood is very rounded also so it was pretty noticeble what they did. Also keep in mind I didn't go through insurance because at the time my family and I were figuring how much to collect from insurance on our house that burned down so all this money was out of pocket.

The second time which was also on my old FX was my front left pillar speaker was crackling really bad under bassy songs. They told me they couldn't find the issue but replaced the speaker anyway under my request (out of warranty at this point so again out of pocket money here). 2 days later I realize I'm not getting that much bass on the bassy songs (but everythng sounds ok) and then go into settings and see they turned down the bass control all the way to zero or whatever the setting closest to "off" was. Turned it up and low and behold the crackling was back. They replaced it in front of me the next time I went and free of charge.

I know these stories are unrelated and in your case if its fixed then its probably fixed but like this poster said - beware and be cautious with this.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:49 PM
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Anton_Chigurh
Quoted for blond question of the year.

LOL just kidding. But hey, at least you're getting new parts little by little, which will make the life of your car last a bit longer by 60000 miles

Old 04-14-2011, 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by socalwdup
Quoted for blond question of the year.

LOL just kidding. But hey, at least you're getting new parts little by little, which will make the life of your car last a bit longer by 60000 miles
Yeah it felt stupid when typing it but i let it go

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car is donezo...off on a tow truck to the dealers...