G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Car is donezo...off on a tow truck to the dealers...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 01:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
when i got my car it didnt need oil change either, but the first thing i did was get oil changed, filters changed, and had a mechanic at the dealership to see if anything else needs to be relpaced.

sorry to hear about ur car

Old 03-13-2011, 01:26 PM
Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by RhiNoKiLL
when i got my car it didnt need oil change either, but the first thing i did was get oil changed, filters changed, and had a mechanic at the dealership to see if anything else needs to be relpaced.

sorry to hear about ur car
Well before i bought it i asked if they could over look the car again and they said no problem. Air filters in cabins and oil was all changed..so i have it on record if infiniti gives me ****..

I have a feeling whatever happened could not be foreseen by the dealership or myself unless i actually took apart the engine..Thankfully i wasn't far from home or on the highway when it happened..it happened right when i got off of the highway

Old 03-13-2011, 05:50 PM
Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by gtbigup01
Sorry about your car bro hope they can resolve it quickly and get you back on the street.

RemmZero: Who told you keeping records isn't required? You'd be saying something different if you needed warranty repair and the dealer thought it was your fault for not maintaining your car. BTW that little maintenance log they issue with every car is for a reason. If they want to play hardball you'd have no proof youve been taking care of your car.
the guys at the dealership told me that. and i believe i had them put it in writing on my contract for the extended warranty. i'll check, good question.

and technically that log is useless, who's to say you aren't filling it out on your own falsely? the only real proof is to let the dealer do the work or save receipts from an oil change place, but how many people do that? i change my own oil and do my own car work.

Old 03-14-2011, 07:48 AM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by RemmyZero
and technically that log is useless, who's to say you aren't filling it out on your own falsely? the only real proof is to let the dealer do the work or save receipts from an oil change place, but how many people do that? i change my own oil and do my own car work.
Because it's supposed to be stamped by the servicing dealer after each service. Thats your proof. BTW you should get into the habit of saving the receipts at least until after your car is out of warranty. I have (2) 2007 Vehicles that I bought new M/C and Wife's Minivan. I have every service performed on each vehicle in a simple dual pocket folder. Now that I have my G35, I do the same. It really doesn't take much. Instead of throwing it out, throw it in a folder. Done!!

Old 03-14-2011, 07:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have every service performed on each vehicle in a simple dual pocket folder. Now that I have my G35, I do the same. It really doesn't take much. Instead of throwing it out, throw it in a folder. Done!!
what i do is scan all the receipts and paperwork from dealer/oil change/tire places and upload them into a google doc folder.. that way, even if i misplace the paper copy, i'll have the digital image to fall back on.

good luck dude. i bought my car around the same time as u so knock on wood that nothing like that happens to mine..

Old 03-14-2011, 10:12 AM
Because it's supposed to be stamped by the servicing dealer after each service. Thats your proof. BTW you should get into the habit of saving the receipts at least until after your car is out of warranty. I have (2) 2007 Vehicles that I bought new M/C and Wife's Minivan. I have every service performed on each vehicle in a simple dual pocket folder. Now that I have my G35, I do the same. It really doesn't take much. Instead of throwing it out, throw it in a folder. Done!!
you're missing the point though, most people don't have the dealer perform every rotation, oil change, filter change, belt change, etc. many people (especially on this board) seem to do that themselves, including me. i for one am not about to start paying the dealer to do all those things. so in reality it doesn't matter for most of us because if it came down to it it's unlikely they would accept my autozone receipt as valid proof that the oil was for my car, etc.

and fwiw, i've never received a used car with a maintenance log, and my G is no different. i received no maintenance log and was explicitly told by the dealer, service manager and contract writer that i can do all the maintenance myself and it doesn't void the extended warranty. as i mentioned i'm fairly sure i had them pen it into the contract but i have to find time to find my copy.

now all that having been said...you're all entirely right, you should save every receipt, invoice or whatever, whether it's self performed maintenance or not. i just believe that in the end that if it's self performed they won't care if you have receipts for the parts.

Old 03-14-2011, 04:29 PM
Received 127 Likes on 117 Posts
Gl!!

Old 03-14-2011, 04:39 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I am just curious as to what caused the problem in the car.....did the OP get any answers from the dealership?

Old 03-14-2011, 05:40 PM
No call yet

Old 03-14-2011, 06:06 PM
sub'd

Old 03-15-2011, 09:28 AM
Called this morning. Still haven't diagnosed it. May have to call someone from Infiniti national to come look. He then started saying it may not be covered due to only having service records till 30000. But then I said what if the person took it to their own shop. Not everyone wants to get raped by dealer prices. This is going to be a fight. This is going to suck so much I have a feeling...ugh

Old 03-15-2011, 12:22 PM
Received 322 Likes on 280 Posts
we are all behind you man, keep ya head up

Old 03-15-2011, 12:48 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
oh dam that sucks man

Old 03-15-2011, 01:04 PM
i'm sorry to hear that Anton. if they insist on the issue of records only being up to 30k maybe you should ask them what they would have done in their own service shop that would have predicted or presented this. most likely nothing they could have done would have predicted this so the lack or records should not matter.

Old 03-15-2011, 01:07 PM
Shouldn't the stealership first determine wtf caused it instead of bitchin about lack of maintenance??? Maybe it was a mechanical issue that maintenance couldn't have helped...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car is donezo...off on a tow truck to the dealers...