G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Warranty work at competition infiniti

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 11:43 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Warranty work at competition infiniti

Hey guys, I recently had some warranty work done at Competition infiniti in Saint James, NY and was less than pleased with the work so i want to give you a heads up. Well first off, although it is deffinitely a convenience that they give you a loaner, the loaners that they give are filthy. I mean soo bad that i asked for a garbage bag to sit on because there was all sorts stains, dirt, grime and "sticky stuff" all over the interior(at least of the loaner that i recieved). Again, i wasnt upset because it is very convenient to be able to still go about my work day without worrying about how im going to get from place to place. The next thing that happened was that as i was leaving i asked the service associate to please get my car in as soon as possible so i can pick it up within the next few hours(I had to go upstate later that day and was going to be spending the weekend there). He assured me that it should be ready within a hour or two, so i was there 2 and a half hours later. I returned the loaner and went to speak to the service associate to see how much longer it was going to be for my car to be completed and was told "I appologize, but i forgot all about your car and it hasnt been serviced yet." At this point i was a little upset, but asked if i can take the loaner to finish up my errands for my trip and when i asked for the loaner back they told me that it was just given to another customer. Now im pissed, cause they told me not to worry they would get me in right away and it should only take 2 hours for them to complete my car(Needed a new Cat and speaker installed). Now im angry. So I wait finally get notified my car is ready and was told i had to go to the to the cashier to pick up my keys. I get down to the cashier and am told that i had to pay a $100 deductible (even tho i have a $0 deductible) but at this point i just wanted my car and to get out of there. Now this was about a week ago, and yesterday i get a "service engine soon" light and bring it to my buddy's shop to use his code reader which tells me that i have a damaged 02 sensor. So i made yet another appointment to get this problem fixed and i am going to make sure that i am not charged for this because i know they probably bustd the sensor when replacing the cat. Also, always request that they never wash your car because i swear they use sand paper to really get that road grime and dirt to really scratch the **** out of your paint. Sorry, I had to vent and just let you guys know what type of service department they have.

The following users liked this post:
GXXXV X (07-01-2011)
Old 07-01-2011, 12:54 AM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
sounds like a bad experience for sure and your lack of break up in your writing shows your frustration for sure, if its any consolation, almost every member has had at least one bad stealership experience...

I just hope everything works out for you but am very confused why you paid a $100 deductible when you obviously purchased the pricier $0 deductible warranty??

If i were you i would find the extended warranty booklet they give you and take it in to the manager to show your $0 deductible and get your money back!

let us know how it goes, good luck!

GXXXV X (07-01-2011)
Old 07-01-2011, 06:58 AM
Received 66 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by kool_yaar
If i were you i would find the extended warranty booklet they give you and take it in to the manager to show your $0 deductible and get your money back!
^this!
hope you can get this resolved and get ur money back! that sounds like a very aggravating situation! good luck!

Old 07-01-2011, 07:50 AM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Do you have another dealership to go to next time?

Old 07-02-2011, 06:12 PM
Thanks guys. Yea i was pretty upset when I was writing that so, I appologize for the poor grammar and run-on paragraph. I plan on bringing my warranty booklet on wednesday when I go to get my 02 sensor fixed and, hopefully, get my money back. In the heat of the moment I paid the $100 deductable because I had a feeling I may have snapped if I had to argue with them about it.
This will be the last time I use this dealership. Before I switch I want to get the problem, that they caused,(damaged 02 sensor)fixed. After this is fixed, I will deffinitely begin going to Infiniti of Massapequa as I have heard good things about that dealership.
I will keep you guys updated on what happens when I go there on wednesday. Have a Nice and safe 4th of July everyone!

Old 07-03-2011, 12:08 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Competition infiniti blows. i live in queens, but work out of melville. I take my car into Infiniti of Manhasset. They are good with the service work, only one time i had beef cause they parked my car close to another one and there was a paint scuff on the door... which they polished out right away.

pattyballs (07-03-2011)
Old 07-03-2011, 01:04 AM
^Thanks, good to know. I may end up trying them out next after I see how infiniti of massapequa is.

Old 07-03-2011, 01:21 AM
Woah.... I heard nightmare stories about them. My co worker bought a new g37 that they some how managed to dent...

I'd go to dealerrater.com and check ratings on the dealers first before u do anytbing. Is it gonna be 100% accurate? No, but it still helps. Good luck.

pattyballs (07-03-2011)
Old 07-03-2011, 01:24 AM
^hahaha, thanks again man. Im deffinitely not going to risk it anymore. I rather travel a little for better service.

Old 07-03-2011, 01:33 AM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
^+1... no pain, no gain!

Old 07-03-2011, 11:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Been to Massapeqa Infiniti. Great to buy cars from but their service is terrible. Had car there on multiple occasions for same problem (windshield / dash noise) and they couldn't find it. Wound up being an incorrectly installed windshield which was replaced by insurance when it split/cracked while hand washing on a hot summer day last year when rinsing with cold water. Also service advisers aren't the best to deal with and have been through all of them and wound up working with service manager on all occasions to get any type of satisfaction. Also they did a brake TSB for me which wasn't done right and I wound up having to cut rotors and install new pads about 6k miles after because of pulsating brake which I never had before Massapequa did the brake TSB.

Infiniti Manhasset. Heard from many that they are infamous for selling you services your car really doesn't need. They are owned by same folks that own Great Neck Nissan who regularly does the same. Also if you want to see something very similar to the "King of Cars" TV show go into their showrooms. If someone makes a deal they all get together do a chant and start ringing bells and is real corny. They use high pressure tactics, won't budge on pricing and like many dealers try to make you buy then and there by stating they can't guarantee price if you leave and come back.

Competition Infiniti. I had a totally different experience than the OP. Dropped my car off in evening for 15k service and low gas mileage issue and was given a nice G37 loaner. Service adviser called me several times during the following day to provide updates and review work to ensure all was completed before I arrived. Have also gone back to have dash cowling replaced under warranty as it was starting to pull away. This was done without issue along with rear brake pad replacement.

To the OP, Don't know who your SA was at Competition Infiniti but I worked with Charlie Salvato who has repeatedly treated me great.

Old 07-03-2011, 11:47 PM
My guy at Infiniti of Manhasset actually told me not to flush the tyranny till 50 or 60 cause the color and everything was fine... hr was trying to save me money. I did not feel any pressure at least on the service side. Buying, I wouldn't know cause I bought mine in nj

Old 07-06-2011, 04:08 PM
So i went back to competition today and spoke with Jan in the service department. He was much easier to work with than the other guy nick. He got my car right in and said that before we talked about whos paying what, he wanted to see what exactly the code was.
It turns out that the code was actually for damaged cats, i have no clue how im on my second set of cats in a month, but hopefully this solves my issue. I dont think im going to be going back to competition anytime soon, but i must admit that this trip was a much better experience(as of now). Hopefully the new cats will fix my service engine soon light and i wont have any problems for a while.

Old 07-06-2011, 06:09 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Competition is my dealership. I am surprised that they did not find your extended warranty in the computer, my Infiniti of Scottsdale Elite info was right there. Like the OP I had one bad experience with a bad SA over a year ago, when he tried to stick me with a price tag for TBS brake judder fix by essentially lying to me on several occasions. That experience involved a series of posts on this site and ended with a call to Corporate which settled things up, but the process was very annoying and time consuming. The problem "TSB SOB" SA apparently no longer works there as I haven't seen him. In the past year though my experience with the dealership has been positive in the few times (btw, Nick is a great and very courteous SA) that I actually showed up there for a warranty fix (although the trunk harness had to be fixed by them twice in less than 5 months). The loaners they give out are hit-or-miss but are acceptable for a loaner. You have to specifically tell the SA "no car wash" otherwise it's swirls galore.

By far the worst god-awful service I've had the misfortune to experience in any dealership was at Kings Infiniti in Brooklyn. It was expected because of the location, but still... would take Competition over any NYC-based dealership any day of the year. Generally, the dealership experience reflect the areas in which they are in and the degree of competition (no pun intended) in their proximity.

Last edited by dohturdima; 07-06-2011 at 06:14 PM.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just went there

I had a rattling noise and they fixed it. Said it was the sway bar bolts were loose or cracked. It must of been from when I busted the rim in a pot hole this winter. But it was fixed under warranty. No problems. The grass is never greener on the other side. Its all the same. Just stay on top of it.

Now my front rotors need resurfacing only 35,500 miles on it. Is this common?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Warranty work at competition infiniti