G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

GTM Stage 2 Supercharger

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 04:01 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
I'll be very interested to get a look at this setup in person.

Old 08-27-2011, 07:26 PM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Sorry about not updating this thread for a while, GTM have my car now, and they are working on it as we speak, as of friday, they have done the base line dyno, and sam told me my car did somewhere around 250-260whp, which is what i expected. the SC kit install should start on monday

Originally Posted by ijahman
Nice keep posted GTM has my G as well for a build
Saw your car there, it looks awesome, my is no where near your caliber, still need wheels and all the other exterior mods, plus my build is no where near your target either. but i would have my car back before you will, lol

Originally Posted by SwivelHips
I'll be very interested to get a look at this setup in person.
I will for sure make it to the alberta G meet in sept if everything goes smoothly, can't wait to see everyone in the Alberta G community

Also to everyone else, thanks for the support, i will try to update as many times as i can, but my traveling plans means i'm location hopping everyday, so don't get the internet time that i need

Last edited by theaudir8fan; 08-27-2011 at 07:31 PM.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats Bro....I cant wait to see your car done...post pic and videos....Thanks for the kind words the car is two years in the making...I started off just wanting stage 1, then I caught the power bug...it should killer when I get back after your...lol...what the ETA on your build?

Old 08-28-2011, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by ijahman
Congrats Bro....I cant wait to see your car done...post pic and videos....Thanks for the kind words the car is two years in the making...I started off just wanting stage 1, then I caught the power bug...it should killer when I get back after your...lol...what the ETA on your build?
Thanks bro, your car is defiantly worth the effort, the end result looks awesome, the day that I will have more money is when I can get into modding my exterior as well, pics won't tell much especially from the outside, my car is completely stock looking other then bigger exhaust pipes and lowered ride height. The plan is that I will have my car back the up coming Saturday, hopefully everything goes smoothly

Old 08-28-2011, 03:08 PM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Im jealous, I wish i could get that done too
Maybe once I pay off my G

Old 08-28-2011, 07:26 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
wow

Old 08-28-2011, 11:27 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Anyone with a 2nd gen supercharged post a 1/4 mile run or 0-60? I'm interested in seeing how much faster than stock you can get with a supercharger kit. Seems like the fastest posted times I noticed are with turbo setups. Also, seems like the 3.7liter has limited documented runs on FI....if you look at dragtimes for example (not that it's the greatest source of info) one would conclude that the 3.7 isn't much quicker than the latest 3.5 at all, N/A or FI.

Old 08-29-2011, 01:59 AM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by theaudir8fan
... But in any case, TT is great especially for power, but I'm not looking for that. For me reliability comes at a priority, this is my DD even in winter, so i can't have my engine blown up after 20k.
Don't want to worry you, but there is no difference in reliability between SC and TT. Both have their pros and cons. In the end, it really depends on how one drives the car.

Good luck on the build!

Old 08-30-2011, 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by terrycs
Don't want to worry you, but there is no difference in reliability between SC and TT. Both have their pros and cons. In the end, it really depends on how one drives the car.

Good luck on the build!
thanks, i know what you are talking about since the very beginning of my plans for the build, but in general consensus most would say that SC requires less maintenance and has less possibility of getting a problem then TT, oh well to each their own. I choose SC mainly because of it's less maintenance

Old 08-30-2011, 11:58 PM
Sam called me today, and had some bad news
Looks like my stupid accident last winter has done a more damage then just a new front bumper and a headlight, there is a bit of damage to the bumper support frame and the connecting chassis frame
This means the intercooler doesn't have enough space behind the bumper support, so all that needs to be fixed. Altho this makes me wonder just how close the intercooler is to the radiator and bumper support frame, i'm guessing all that crumple zone is completely gone , would that mean if i get in an slight accident, i will need a new intercooler???
Now Sam has ordered a new bumper support frame and taken the car into a local body shop near GTM which they will pull the chassis frame, hopefully everything will go just fine.
On the good news, the install is 50% done according to Sam, so crossing my fingers that everything else is ok from here on now.

Here is a few pictures that sam sent me just to illustrate the issue

Attached Thumbnails GTM Stage 2 Supercharger-p1170284.jpg   GTM Stage 2 Supercharger-p1170285.jpg   GTM Stage 2 Supercharger-p1170286.jpg  
Old 08-31-2011, 12:06 AM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
^Yes, your intercooler will act as the crumple zone. At least you get to keep the front support.

Old 08-31-2011, 01:47 AM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
Originally Posted by theaudir8fan
Sam called me today, and had some bad news
Looks like my stupid accident last winter has done a more damage then just a new front bumper and a headlight, there is a bit of damage to the bumper support frame and the connecting chassis frame
This means the intercooler doesn't have enough space behind the bumper support, so all that needs to be fixed. Altho this makes me wonder just how close the intercooler is to the radiator and bumper support frame, i'm guessing all that crumple zone is completely gone , would that mean if i get in an slight accident, i will need a new intercooler???
Now Sam has ordered a new bumper support frame and taken the car into a local body shop near GTM which they will pull the chassis frame, hopefully everything will go just fine.
On the good news, the install is 50% done according to Sam, so crossing my fingers that everything else is ok from here on now.

Here is a few pictures that sam sent me just to illustrate the issue
Was the repair work after your accident done under an insurance claim? If so, you should be able to have all that fixed for free under warranty, as it should have been done (right) initially.

Old 08-31-2011, 02:00 AM
Originally Posted by vqsmile
Was the repair work after your accident done under an insurance claim? If so, you should be able to have all that fixed for free under warranty, as it should have been done (right) initially.
I understand all that, the thing is i didn't go thru insurance, so i paid the whole repair out of my own pocket, therefore they didn't charge me extra. But i'm disappointed that the body shop i went to didn't even realize that there is damage to the support beam and frame

Old 09-01-2011, 09:58 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
cool install but why you gonna drop 12k on this and then drive it in winter and ruin it thats a major fail man, buy some cheap beater for the winter and save the G

Old 09-02-2011, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by Ketchup83se01
cool install but why you gonna drop 12k on this and then drive it in winter and ruin it thats a major fail man, buy some cheap beater for the winter and save the G
I don't think driving it in the winter is ruining it, I love driving the G which is why I want to DD it, plus the element of winter does exterior damages like rock chips, but doesn't harm the engine or the performance mods that I'm getting.
However, I will for sure get a winter car once I start on the exterior mods.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GTM Stage 2 Supercharger