G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

GTM Stage 2 Supercharger

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 01:36 AM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Originally Posted by theaudir8fan
Thanks, i might, lol. i think in comparison to others, i have less torque then most others for some reason, and that includes people on stage 1. Still didn't want to spend anymore time, still happy with what i have for now.
Well, I know what you mean by not wanting to spend anymore time. As for the torque, as long as you like it thats all that matters. You can always get it retuned once you relearn the car.

And yes sam just took it out for a drive when i got there, it's a TT right?
Thanks, and yes its TT. I just want the damn thing back by now

Old 09-08-2011, 03:43 AM
Received 227 Likes on 143 Posts
how much did this end up running you?

if you dont mind me asking

Old 09-08-2011, 09:43 AM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Thanks to all for the support, i do realize that the time frame i asked for it very tight, i guess originally sam thought it can be done, and quoted me even less time. still if everything goes smoothly, i will have my car by the end of today, infect i have to have my car by the end of today. i have to hit the road tomorrow, still got a long drive ahead of us for the next 3 days.
I don't want to seem negative (just cautious and maybe a bit concerned) but is it wise to take the car on a three day planned trip so soon after such an extensive alteration. I would be afraid something may go wrong with the engine.
I just think I would rather be close to the shop that can trouble shoot it if something happens.
I have read a few threads here over the years and it seems these mods never go a smooth as planned.
I guess I'm just trying to say, please, be prepared on your trip. I hope everything goes well.

Old 09-08-2011, 10:31 AM
Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts
The one thing i did noticed is that now with the valve body upgrade, the trans shifts a lot harder, and it is quite harsh especially during downshifts. now it is almost impossible to downshift from second to first at low speed like around 20-25km/h, since it jerks the car really badly.
Mechanically its not issue because you're an auto, but avoid shifting to first unless you are stopped or just rolling. In fact in our 6 speeds the gate closes and prevents us from doing that unless we apply a stupid amount of force.

The gearing difference is so large your torque converter ends up taking the heat. (literally)

The other thing is, that during idle at a traffic light, the car does vibrate quite a bit more then before, being in neutral helps a lot tho.
That is also probably a product of the valve body upgrade. My guess is either your torque converter has been uprated and the input shaft is causing more friction within the fluid.

Old 09-08-2011, 10:56 AM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Yeah, I would be a little concerned about taking it on a 3 day trip until I make sure all the bugs are worked out and my check engine light wasn't on(unless that is normal with such a mod). As much as I would be itching to take it cross country, I think i might drop the coin on a rental.

But either way, good luck and your car looks frickin SIC

Old 09-09-2011, 12:55 AM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Thanks to all for the support, I'm staying over night at Redding CA drove for around 1000kms today, destination is set for seattle tomorrow.
There is a reason why i'm in such a hurry to drive back, i'm on a dead line, so need to be back home soon. it's not like i don't want sam to have more time, i want him to have all the time in the world to make everything perfect, but the timing just doesn't allow for it.
So far the car has performed just fine, but there has been a few hick-ups.
The biggest one is the idle rpm, it seems to prefer to idle high, at around 900rpm, so sam reprogram the car for the idle. But today after the first fuel stop, with 530kms after the SC install, I started the car up and it idle at 1200-1300rpm not stably. this caused the check engine light to come on, so immediately i got scared and shut everything off. let it sat for a few more mins, and restarted the car, it jumped to 1300rpm, but managed to lower itself back to 950 after about 10sec with the check engine light still on. i let the car sit and idle for a bit longer, and nothing really changed. After that i got on the phone with sam and explained the whole thing, and he advised just keep driving since the car doesn't seems to be behaving differently after the restart. So i kept driving for another 500kms until my second fuel stop, and after that refuel, the check engine light went away. Weird
The second issue is that the supercharger oil line that's on top of the SC fluid reservoir seems to be seeping out oil, not a lot tho, but enough to show around the oil cap, but it hasn't dripped on to the side of the fluid bottle. Still haven't had a chance to mention this issue to sam yet, will ask him for a solution.
The third thing is that lights on the dash randomly flicker sometimes right after engine start. but it's a really quick flicker, almost too fast to see. Again no idea what's causing it.
But other then that, the car is driving well, it has been hot all day, with temps outside varying from 34C to 42C, the oil temp was solid between 80C to just below 100C. The car does pull very hard especially when accelerating from 80mph to pass other cars.
Now to the important question most people have been asking, the mileage. I managed 19.65mpg before the first fuel up, that's with being in traffic jam on the freeway coming out of LA heading on to the I5. The second fuel up resulted in 19.12mpg, but that's because i was pushing a little more when i was driving, also i didn't drive for most of the time on the second tank.
Got a long day ahead for tomorrow, will update when possible

Last edited by theaudir8fan; 09-09-2011 at 01:07 AM.
The following users liked this post:
jimboG35x (09-09-2011)
Old 09-09-2011, 02:24 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
hows traction?

Old 09-12-2011, 11:41 PM
Hey everyone, sorry for the delayed post, been catching up on a few thing, but i got home safely with the car in one piece, altho very dirty.
But the car isn't behaving well and the issues are the same as before.
The car still idles high, which causes the car to be very unstable and check engine light is still on. For example when i'm at around 40mph coming up to a stop light, throwing the trans into neutral will pretty much results in the engine rev to come down to around 1300, but it will jump back up to around 1800 right after, and takes a long time for it to come back down to idle rpm, which is sometimes at around 1000, but other times it will idle at 1200. This issue also mean that after lift off of the gas pedal, the car will carry forward with momentum for an extra second before slowing down. Altho if i come to a stop in D, it will bring the rpm down to about 900.
The other issue has to do with battery voltage, the lights flashing on the dash. The e-brake and Battery light sometimes flash very quickly like before. sometimes it's just a single quick flash, othertimes it will actually flash constantly for a few seconds. the pattern is completely random, so there is no way for me to give a good description. But on the blitz, the maximum battery voltage that it has recorded is 16.6v, which is extremely high, but most of the time it is decently stable at around 12-14, sometimes it will go to the 15s.

But on to the positive note, the car is awfully fast, acceleration is pretty much effort less, any gear, just put my foot down a little, and i will be well above the speed limit And the engine revs so much faster then stock, that it's almost as tho that the trans can't keep up with how fast the engine is reving, so yes now there is a very noticeable delay in shift from the moment i pull the lever to the moment it actually grabs the next gear. Still mechanically the car seems to be doing pretty good, the trouble is mostly in the electronics.

Now as for the mileage, on the highways, i managed mostly in the high 19mpg, that's with mostly smooth driving, speeding and occasional pulls are done tho. The lowest i have gone down to was on the second lag on the first day which i gone down to 19.12, the highest was after fueling up in Spokane Washington, which i averaged 21.2mpg. but as soon as i got back to the city, the mileage is going up a lot, i will try to keep updating the mileage as i get more city driving.

The following is part of the press release that Sam has posted on the 370z forum of my car, I'm glad to be a part of it. Altho there are a few issues with my car, i just want to make sure that every one understand that GTM is still one of the best tuning company out there, and they are doing a lot trying to get me the support that i need to make sure that everything is running perfectly. However Sam did make an slight error, i have berks high-flow cat, not stillen.
http://www.the370z.com/forced-induct...ml#post1308526
Originally Posted by SAM@GTM
This customer drove all the way from CANADA for the install. Customer was on vacation with his family while we were installing the SC system with some other goodies . install was completed successfully with great results.

2007 INFINITI G35 SEDAN VQ35HR 5 SPEED A/T

-GTM STAGE 2 SC KIT TURN KEY
-GTM 19 ROW OIL COOLER (thermostatically controlled)
-GTM 19 ROW TRANS COOLER
-GTM VALVE BODY UPGRADE
-STILLEN CAT BACK
-STILLEN HIGH FLOW CATS
-DEFI BOOST GAGE
-BLITZ DS R-VIT

DYNO GRAPHS

PICS OF THE INSTALL

[IMG]http://i313.photobucket.com/albums/ll383/GTMPOWER
/GTM%20STG%202%20SC/SUNNY%20G35/P1170413.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by theaudir8fan; 09-13-2011 at 02:41 AM.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:47 PM
Originally Posted by implicitv36
hows traction?
Terrible, lol. I'm actually running the stock tire size of 245/45/R18, but i have potenza re760 sport on right now for comfort cursing due to the drive, and if i get on the throttle even just by a bit, the traction control will just kick in, and i go no where. To be honest, i haven't turn the traction control off yet, i'm still a bit scared of the car, and still learning how to drive it, also with the high idle issue and battery voltage issue, i don't want to push the car when it's not perfect. I will also say that i haven't gone on full throttle yet, the maximum boost i ever got to according to my boost gauge is 5psi.

Old 09-12-2011, 11:51 PM
Received 66 Likes on 61 Posts
wow those are some awesome pix!! i wasnt expecting +200 whp at all! time to get 11.5 inch rear wheels lol

Old 09-12-2011, 11:55 PM
Received 127 Likes on 117 Posts
As I said before!!! You don't mess around!!!! Some videos and 1/4 times would be great!!

Old 09-13-2011, 12:04 AM
Thanks guys

Originally Posted by salvador312
As I said before!!! You don't mess around!!!! Some videos and 1/4 times would be great!!
LOL, none of those until i get better tires and all the electronic issues sorted out. so realistically next summer. Mainly to wait for new wheels and tires

Old 09-13-2011, 12:15 AM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
wow man, Im impressed. I wish that the process would have gone perfectly, but we all know there will always be something. I do hope you get everything running perfectly.
Hope you have fun with it, careful when your own it and it shifts it could throw you to the side ... trust me i learned the hard way with an auto mustang.

By the way, how much for everything out the door ?

Old 09-13-2011, 12:23 AM
Originally Posted by pricojorge
wow man, Im impressed. I wish that the process would have gone perfectly, but we all know there will always be something. I do hope you get everything running perfectly.
Hope you have fun with it, careful when your own it and it shifts it could throw you to the side ... trust me i learned the hard way with an auto mustang.

By the way, how much for everything out the door ?
Thanks, i hope so too, but i do fore see all these stuff adding up to be a lot more that i have to deal with.
As for the price I don't really want to say it, since my is with the whole frame issue that had to be pulled, and a new bumper support, but if you are really interested in the price, PM me about it.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:12 AM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Congrats. Now you will find yourself driving in boost quite frequently and making more stops at the gas station

My car is behind yours in the 12th pic.

Last edited by herrschaft; 09-13-2011 at 10:16 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GTM Stage 2 Supercharger