G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

GTM Stage 2 Supercharger

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 04:24 AM
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Definitely keep us posted on this one. I have an '07 base model G35 sedan with automatic transmission right now, and I need more power since I'm used to turbo'd Miatas.

I was checking out the forum tonight to see what kits I could order to my house and install myself. Hmm..

Last edited by SQconstable; 09-04-2011 at 06:19 AM.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:53 PM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Delayed update, was suppose to get my car back on Saturday, but it's still quite a bit from done, so now sam has delayed my delivery date to wenesday, this made me cancel all of my plans for San Fran and nappa vally. Hopefully everything goes smoothly tomorrow, and by the end of the day, sam cab start tuning the car. Fingers crossed. Also I'm now lowering my power target since sam thinks that 91oct on 9psi will probably make around 440whp, apparently 91 or 93 really does make a huge difference. And since I have to stick with 91, I will have to take the power loss. Oh well so be it.

Old 09-05-2011, 08:26 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
^Just add a week or two to whenever they say it will be done. My car has been up there for the past month now.....

Old 09-05-2011, 11:33 PM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
yeaa ... i've never seen a shop be done that quick
But hey man, 450whp on stock block and tranny... thats just sick

Old 09-06-2011, 09:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A week is a quick turnaround...sorry your vacation plans were delayed a bit but with 440rwhp your G will be pretty quick...eta for my car is 3 months, it's not a big deal to me since I have a daily and I don't drive my car in the winter...

Old 09-06-2011, 12:41 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by theaudir8fan
I don't think driving it in the winter is ruining it, I love driving the G which is why I want to DD it, plus the element of winter does exterior damages like rock chips, but doesn't harm the engine or the performance mods that I'm getting.
However, I will for sure get a winter car once I start on the exterior mods.
winter = salt on road salt on performance mods equals rusting to crap quick, plus there are alot more accidents in winter would suck if you spent all this money on the car and then two months later BAM your **** gets totaled

Old 09-07-2011, 04:12 PM
Thanks to all for the support, i do realize that the time frame i asked for it very tight, i guess originally sam thought it can be done, and quoted me even less time. still if everything goes smoothly, i will have my car by the end of today, infect i have to have my car by the end of today. i have to hit the road tomorrow, still got a long drive ahead of us for the next 3 days.

Originally Posted by Ketchup83se01
winter = salt on road salt on performance mods equals rusting to crap quick, plus there are alot more accidents in winter would suck if you spent all this money on the car and then two months later BAM your **** gets totaled
Yes you are right on the whole salt stuff, which is why i will be the test subject for extreme cold weather testing for stage 2. As for the accident goes, let just say i hope that doesn't happen with in 2 month from now, don't curse me

Old 09-07-2011, 04:15 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Congrats and good luck. You all have me salivating over these turbos and supercharges. Unfortunately I think I am SOL as I have the G35 X model. Unless I missed a thread on here, I haven't seen anything for the AWD Sedans yet I do understand why, but man I just sold my SUV and have a wad of cash burning a hole in my pocket

Old 09-07-2011, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by MPohio
Congrats and good luck. You all have me salivating over these turbos and supercharges. Unfortunately I think I am SOL as I have the G35 X model. Unless I missed a thread on here, I haven't seen anything for the AWD Sedans yet I do understand why, but man I just sold my SUV and have a wad of cash burning a hole in my pocket
actually they have a TT kit out for the AWD, but it costs a lot, i think it's 9.8g for the kit alone, before any supporting mods, and for something like TT, i would say rebuild the trans for sure.

Old 09-07-2011, 04:27 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
So there is hope. Oh, I also have an AT instead of a manual. I m actually happy with the performance as it is close to my Boxster "s". I just needed AWD for some of those Ohio winters. I will sit patiently and wait, I guess

Old 09-07-2011, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by MPohio
So there is hope. Oh, I also have an AT instead of a manual. I m actually happy with the performance as it is close to my Boxster "s". I just needed AWD for some of those Ohio winters. I will sit patiently and wait, I guess
yea, i know you have AT, and there is a full AT rebuild that GTM offers, if you plan on getting a TT i would say that's a must, since the power peak is putting a lot of load on the trans.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:38 PM
Update:
I have my car now, which is awesome, so far i have just driven it for a little bit, and OMG it's a lot to handle. i have hardly push the throttle yet and i'm already at traffic speed, and i have yet to rev it high. the engine is gaining rpm so fast that when i paddle upshit, the trans can't shift until i gain for about another 400 rpm, and by no means was i pushing the throttle to delay the shift, just steady without lifting.
The one thing i did noticed is that now with the valve body upgrade, the trans shifts a lot harder, and it is quite harsh especially during downshifts. now it is almost impossible to downshift from second to first at low speed like around 20-25km/h, since it jerks the car really badly.
The other thing is, that during idle at a traffic light, the car does vibrate quite a bit more then before, being in neutral helps a lot tho.

Since sam didn't have a lot of extra time, so he didn't go any further with hunting for more power. Also it's been an extremely hot day in here, and in the shop it's been 100+ all day, so my final tune ended up at 450.3whp and 322.4wtq on a 9 psi pulley.

Will hit the road tomorrow heading back up to Canada, update when i can

Old 09-07-2011, 09:46 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
^Congrats. Give it a few weeks and you will want more power.

Just curious, did you happen to see anybody working on a white G35 Coupe at all?

Old 09-08-2011, 01:03 AM
Originally Posted by herrschaft
^Congrats. Give it a few weeks and you will want more power.

Just curious, did you happen to see anybody working on a white G35 Coupe at all?
Thanks, i might, lol. i think in comparison to others, i have less torque then most others for some reason, and that includes people on stage 1. Still didn't want to spend anymore time, still happy with what i have for now.

And yes sam just took it out for a drive when i got there, it's a TT right?

Old 09-08-2011, 01:13 AM
This is just a quick video that i managed to get, it's from a iphone 4, so forgive the quality

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GTM Stage 2 Supercharger