G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Has anyone gone from a Lexus/Bmw or Benz to the Infiniti?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 04:45 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
anyone else not a fan of the tradional orange display that bmw uses? i hate the orange looks very old fashion then they mix it with the other updated interior and electronics and it jus doesnt mix well at all imo. *not a fan of it on any car actually

Old 06-06-2012, 05:06 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by QUiKSR20
Infiniti is def getting alot better but still doesnt hold anything to a Euro yet ie Audi, BMW, MB even VW has some of the best interiors in the biz..

Whats not to like in these?

BMW interiors feel extremely plasticy, especially when you are comparing to other luxury brands that cost just as much. Hell, I've always felt that the G's interior feels less plasticy than a Bimmer's. True, Benzes have way too many buttons, but at least the interiors feel much nicer.

This feels like:

Name:  163_0904_photos_05z2010_mazda_cx9in.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  42.1 KB

As much as I love Audis their value declines way too fast for my liking and this interior looks a lot like an older domestic with new technologies. This picture kinda feels like an older Chevy or something.

The real companies to watch are Hyundai / Kia, Kia's lead designer came over from Audi and with there new designs its really starting to show. http://www.kiamotors.com/about-kia/c...w.aspx?idx=304
So you are keeping your eye on the designer that designed a bunch of cars that all look very much the same, only varying slightly from each other through a slight evolution of design throughout the past decade? Please excuse me if I'm not excited.

Old 06-06-2012, 05:09 PM
i also find it a little funny that with all the gadgets and updated look and design of the bmw interior, the radio looks hella outdated and generic lol

Old 06-06-2012, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by saywat?
anyone else not a fan of the tradional orange display that bmw uses? i hate the orange looks very old fashion then they mix it with the other updated interior and electronics and it jus doesnt mix well at all imo. *not a fan of it on any car actually
Amber or orange interior lights have been proven to be less stressful on the eyes for long drives. Red, blue and other colors become annoying and not only can get hard to see if you've been driving for long periods of time, tires your eyes faster as well. It's the reason why Infiniti chose to make everything in the interior light up amber. Red is harder to see a distance away, and blue hues and white lights are just bright and irritates the eyes.

Old 06-06-2012, 05:13 PM
^wat about the white that lexus and toyota uses. i love that color. and alot of folk trade the amber for the white leds

Old 06-06-2012, 05:16 PM
They look great, but like purple or blueish headlights, they are not ideal for long drives. They really just tire your eyes much faster than a more mellow, more pleasant color like the amber.

Old 06-06-2012, 05:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by saywat?
I like it, It is plain agreed but the LCD's are nice being dot matrix and not calculator like like below :

Originally Posted by dofu
Amber or orange interior lights have been proven to be less stressful on the eyes for long drives. Red, blue and other colors become annoying and not only can get hard to see if you've been driving for long periods of time, tires your eyes faster as well. It's the reason why Infiniti chose to make everything in the interior light up amber. Red is harder to see a distance away, and blue hues and white lights are just bright and irritates the eyes.
This is true!

Old 06-06-2012, 05:19 PM
they shoulda made the navi display orange too then if they really cared imo lol

Old 06-06-2012, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by dofu
BMW interiors feel extremely plasticy, especially when you are comparing to other luxury brands that cost just as much. Hell, I've always felt that the G's interior feels less plasticy than a Bimmer's. True, Benzes have way too many buttons, but at least the interiors feel much nicer.

You think the G's materials ( not design ) is higher quaility than a BMW's? I can tell you I have owned both models and the interior materials / fit & finish are night and day. The G is miles behind. Not that the G is bad well the 06 and under were a little
rough for a luxury brand but 07s are nice. Nothing in my BMW isnt soft touch or padded nothing is hard plastic anywhere except maybe seat trim and by where you step into the car, kick panels etc.

As much as I love Audis their value declines way too fast for my liking and this interior looks a lot like an older domestic with new technologies. This picture kinda feels like an older Chevy or something.

Your comparing an Audi interior to that of a GM? you know they have some of the best interiors in the business.. As for Audis losing value I can agree a little but my G35 lost value like it was going out of style.. I sold mine with 6 Speed sedan w/40k miles and barely got over 15k and it was mint.

So you are keeping your eye on the designer that designed a bunch of cars that all look very much the same, only varying slightly from each other through a slight evolution of design throughout the past decade? Please excuse me if I'm not excited.
Look at porsches and other nice timeless designs.. Not every model needs to be a 100% new design some can be evolution.

I do agree new designs can re-ignite the excitement or totally ruin it as well. But sometimes you need to take risk to get a big reward.

Old 06-06-2012, 05:33 PM
Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by freshness
I had an IS350 Lexus before I got the G, and honestly I must say the fit and finish of minor things are subpar IMO. The Lexus has a touch access door entry rather than pushing a button every time. I feel like the Nav screen trim is cheap and flexible, just some other things that really show me that Nissan didn't put the time and effort to make this a truly Luxury automobile. I also have an M3 Coupe as weekend car, and well, I don't need to say anything more. The keyfob is so cheap looking and they use the same one's for Nissan's? The headliner is an exact replica of the one in my friends Altima...There should be an element of exclusivity there if you're paying twice the price of an Altima for this car. Infiniti needs to step their game up because as it is, I don't see them ever surpassing Lexus in terms of quality..yet they charge the same prices..but Lexus holds their value much more.

This is my last Infiniti.
The G is priced lower than the IS350 more like an IS 250 no?

Old 06-06-2012, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by finallygot1
The G is priced lower than the IS350 more like an IS 250 no?
Yes G35's performance to value is top of the heep. Just sucks if your going to sell. The G35s performance is out ahead of 328's C300's IS250's and priced way less used.

When I was crosshopping G35's 328's and IS350's the G was always the cheapest in price with the least amount of miles and most amount of options.. Awesome if your buying, Bad if your selling.

Old 06-06-2012, 05:47 PM
Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
Oh yeah, I have an M4