G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Fix for check engine light from test pipes!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 06:44 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Fix for check engine light from test pipes!

Hey guys, i wanted to let everyone know after a while of searching the fourms on here and others, i found the best way to fix your Check engine light for the sensors on your tp's or hfc if they throw codes.

http://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-...work-pics.html

This gives you all the information on the supplies you'll need.
Also you will have to have some sort of common sense while soldering, its not anything crazy so everyone should be able to do it, or a friend should be able to do it.

I can post pic's up later if you wanna see it under my car, i wrapped (very carefully lol) the whole thing with electrical tape and then sprayed the whole thing with plasti dip.

I threw them on yesterday and today went to get my car inspected in NJ and it passed and only took me about 5 mins of waiting too

If you guys have any questions please let me know!!

Old 08-01-2012, 07:29 PM
Premier Member

Received 422 Likes on 340 Posts
Or you could do uprev and fix it the right way..

Old 08-01-2012, 08:27 PM
However if you don't want to spend $500 or more and need to get inspections quick you can do it this way. Along with uprev, some inspection places won't pass you because they disable the communication. So i mean your risk, I am just posting something that works that anyone with at the most $10 can go buy and easily assemble.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:33 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
You poor bastards that live in smog towns....

Old 08-01-2012, 10:43 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sucks to have emission laws enforced in some states. lucky i live HI.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:34 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
Originally Posted by SUMATIC
Yeah, but then your gas is always outrageously expensive and there's nowhere to drive real fast, at least not for very long.

Old 08-02-2012, 12:59 AM
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by SUMATIC
You know what sucks even worse? Living in a county that enforces emissions laws, and knowing the next county over doesn't.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:02 AM
Also, that write-up is sorta sketch...he didn't really give any details other than a picture. Unless I'm missing something??

I think I'll just stick with cheaters as opposed to O2 Sims...

Old 08-02-2012, 01:52 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by vqsmile
Yeah, but then your gas is always outrageously expensive and there's nowhere to drive real fast, at least not for very long.
hahaha. if there werent much traffic down here you can go fast for very long.

Old 08-02-2012, 05:17 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,487 Likes on 1,222 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by Zomorg3

I can post pic's up later if you wanna see it under my car, i wrapped (very carefully lol) the whole thing with electrical tape and then sprayed the whole thing with plasti dip.
You did what, put electrical tape and Plasti Dip on an exhaust component?????????

Name:  whatthinking.jpg
Views: 4376
Size:  13.0 KB

Old 08-02-2012, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
You did what, put electrical tape and Plasti Dip on an exhaust component?????????
PlastiDip on the exhaust manifold: Giving you the smell and feeling of burning rubber, without ever having to ruin your tires!

Old 08-03-2012, 12:48 PM
Lol no i didn't put plasti dip on the exhaust component, i plastidip the wire and the electical tape. The wires won't heat up enough to burn plasti dip. The plasti dip was a extra seal since the wire wrap won't fit over the the wires. I plasti diped it when they werent connect to the test pipes. Ill post up pictures to clearify everything with everyone. And the write up is not that sketch, I followed it, just splice in where u need to, follow the connects and it shouldn't be a problem. Still no CEL light, passed NJ inspection and driving great....until someone hit me this morning and ran me off the road, then drove away and got stopped by police that were driving the other way. Surprisingly the Wires and everything underneath held up great, my new rims, not so much, and I have to go to court now i think for a hit and run. awesome start to today

Old 08-03-2012, 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream

Not when they were connected to the test pipe, i did it before i put them on. There is not plasti dip touching any of the exhaust component. I did it for an extra seal to keep water from touching the connections if they were to go through the electrical tape.
No plasti dip burning, no rubber smell.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:22 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
man actually hacking into your o2 sensors there's no going back now, but living in california i am jealous of those lucky members in more car friendly states. But I believe there usually isn't a big noticable performance difference between TP and HFC so with a HFC just get one with the o2 fowlers already installed and no check engine lights , but yea uprev will also somewhat dumb down the sensitivity of the o2 sensor to hopefully avoid the check engine light

Old 08-03-2012, 01:29 PM
Yea i mean they are the stock sensors will be going out soon i think anyway they have been on the car since 30k and its at 81k. But yea they didn't use a sniffer so I was safe, and yea what it does is create the correct resistance that should be read. I mean if i took it off I could rewire the sensor anyway so I am not really concerned.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fix for check engine light from test pipes!