Make my car faster

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 01:14 AM
Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
Save the $$ for suspension as $600 won't do squat to make it go faster

Old 04-15-2013, 07:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the great responses from everyone. I think the courses are a great idea and I definitely will look into them. I also have one additional question, I was wondering how to use the manual + and - on the stick, I've tried to look up a guide and I can't fin anything if one of you can point me to a tutorial that would be awesome.

Old 04-15-2013, 09:01 AM
Originally Posted by billymaloney3
Thanks for the great responses from everyone. I think the courses are a great idea and I definitely will look into them. I also have one additional question, I was wondering how to use the manual + and - on the stick, I've tried to look up a guide and I can't fin anything if one of you can point me to a tutorial that would be awesome.
+ is for forward. - is for reverse. R is for race.

Old 04-15-2013, 10:20 AM
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
The "manual" mode allows you to choose when to shift gears. You need to be VERY careful with this as it will allow you to max out the engine which, done enough, can can serious damage. Unless you are racing a tight technical course, it doesn't really help you a much.

Old 04-15-2013, 10:47 AM
Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
Just feel lucky you have a G at 17. I had a PoS at 17.

Old 04-15-2013, 11:11 AM
Received 218 Likes on 187 Posts
Listen to your parents son...

Old 04-15-2013, 11:58 AM
Received 576 Likes on 502 Posts
WOW! G35 at 17?!? That is plenty of power for that age. I had a Vigor for my 1st car. For you since i take it you have your mind set on modifying your car i would just do suspension only. That goes a long way. You have an X right? Upgrade your sway bars. You will fill the difference like night and day when your driving. Where you located?

Old 04-15-2013, 12:06 PM
Received 86 Likes on 57 Posts
I remember when i was 17. Asking questions because you're "new" wont work. If you REALLY want to learn, you start reading. And then after you're done reading, read some more.

Asking basic questions will just get you "use the search button" But serious. Use the search button and read.

I was 17 once with a g35.

The following users liked this post:
S 854 (04-17-2013)
Old 04-15-2013, 03:21 PM
Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
[QUOTE=billymaloney3;6733898]Thanks for the great responses from everyone. I think the courses are a great idea and I definitely will look into them. I also have one additional question, I was wondering how to use the manual + and - on the stick, I've tried to look up a guide and I can't fin anything if one of you can point me to a tutorial that would be awesome.[/QUO Yikes,, it your that green, that you don't know a good manumatic,, this car, stock, will get you in all sorts of trouble,,,, I would just start reading, this much power with your age bracket, Just stay on this site and read.......

Old 04-15-2013, 03:42 PM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
VQ put it nicely.

Also, since no one addressed it yet, no mod listed and especially not in the $600 range will likely make your car faster than it already is. Our cars are speed-limited from the factory and you will be limited to somewhere in the 135-145mph range.

Even with that removed via an ECU tune, you'll need significantly more power to overcome drag and go significantly faster -- think full bolt-ons, tune or even forced induction, paired with some aero bits and better tires.

That said, i tracked my car and even in stock form i never really approached the limits of what it could do. Yes, i did modify it to be better, but it was more a personal choice rather than the idea of making it perform "better."

Old 04-15-2013, 04:02 PM
Received 576 Likes on 502 Posts
Well, 2nd hand parts are still a good way to go for that price. You could pick up 2 - 3 mods w/ that price

Old 04-15-2013, 08:39 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
I drove a 05 and 08 G35 in HS, and had my dumbass moments lol. That was even back in my modding days (im only 22...) and yea. Power isn't the issue.

Cheapish things to set your car apart:
1. Tint the windows. Tinted windows makes every car look better. Plus you will love it.
2. Get a front lip or a rear spoiler. I did both and since Im not much for modding cars these days, I liked these little additions to make my car stand out from the rest while still looking OEM.
3. Debadge it. Getting rid of the Infiniti and G35x lettering from the trunk will clean up the look.
4. Get a midnight grill, or paint yours. Depending on the color of your car, it can really freshen up the look.

Note my subtle changes.

^Ignore my fugly 17" winter wheels. I have no pics of my car from the front.

Old 04-17-2013, 09:19 AM
Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
I drove a 05 and 08 G35 in HS, and had my dumbass moments lol. That was even back in my modding days (im only 22...) and yea. Power isn't the issue.

Cheapish things to set your car apart:
1. Tint the windows. Tinted windows makes every car look better. Plus you will love it.
2. Get a front lip or a rear spoiler. I did both and since Im not much for modding cars these days, I liked these little additions to make my car stand out from the rest while still looking OEM.
3. Debadge it. Getting rid of the Infiniti and G35x lettering from the trunk will clean up the look.
4. Get a midnight grill, or paint yours. Depending on the color of your car, it can really freshen up the look.

Note my subtle changes.

^Ignore my fugly 17" winter wheels. I have no pics of my car from the front.
that looks really sweet I definitely want to do that stuff but I can't get tints because they're illegal in NJ. What's a good site for the spoiler lip and grill? I want to make sure I'm getting quality stuff and not getting ripped off. Thanks

Old 04-17-2013, 09:28 AM
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
that looks really sweet I definitely want to do that stuff but I can't get tints because they're illegal in NJ. What's a good site for the spoiler lip and grill? I want to make sure I'm getting quality stuff and not getting ripped off. Thanks
My car is registered in NJ and you can have tints....you can have the back windows tinted to however dark you want it. You just can't tint the front windows.

As for the grille, most of us go OEM midnight black grille to keep it looking classy. It depends on what color exterior you have. I would not recommend lips because of the potholes and dips we have in NJ...however, a spoiler would be nice, either roof spoiler or trunk spoiler. Don't go both though because that is just too much.

Old 04-17-2013, 09:43 AM
Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
Just because it's "illegal", doesn't mean you can't do it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Make my car faster