G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Auto Door lock clicks constantly

Old 01-02-2019, 03:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Auto Door lock clicks constantly

I have been having an issue with my door locks. Whether while sitting or driving, the doors lock automatically, over and over, even when the car is already locked. It sometimes does this when the car is not even running, causing the battery to eventually run down.

Has anyone seen this issue before???

Thanks

Old 01-02-2019, 04:42 PM
Received 84 Likes on 77 Posts
One owner 2004 G35 Coupe 6MT
Does this happen after the car has been in the rain or driven through puddles?

Old 01-02-2019, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by MikeG35Coupe
Does this happen after the car has been in the rain or driven through puddles?
I believe so. Hadn't really thought about that before but now that you mention it, I was thinking that it's kind of intermittent, but it is more common on days when it's wet or raining

Old 01-02-2019, 05:37 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Probably water getting into the IPDM and shorting out the relay. Take the IPDM apart and dry it out in a bag of rice, check the cowl toake sure it's intact, if so then remove it and check the drains, they might be plugged up with debris.

Old 01-02-2019, 06:34 PM
Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts
I had the same issue on my first G regardless of weather. I thought I had narrowed it down to the BCM, but the problem was finally solved.... when insurance took it away after being totaled.

Sorry, probably not the answer you're looking for. Even though I've never had the problem with my current G, I'll still never leave the engine running without opening a window first.

Good luck.

Old 01-02-2019, 07:12 PM
Received 369 Likes on 337 Posts
Bang on your door lock switches pretty hard and see if it makes a difference. Might just be the switch itself.

Old 01-02-2019, 10:17 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Ohh yeah wait the IPDM doesn't control the door locks... >.<

Go through and unplug stuff until it stops. Start by taking the battery out of the key fob, it's button might be shorted.

Then go to the switch on both driver/passenger side. Take them apart and use a meter to ring out the buttons to see if one is locked in the closed position.

The door hinge wiring has been known to fail for some folks, might be broken and making contact.

Nissan can read the lock signal status with the dealership Consult-II tool to see if it's actually being triggered by the BCM but if you unplug the door switches and it's STILL doing it then it's probably the BCM.

If the problem goes away when you unplug the door switches it's probably just the switch is crapped out.

Old 01-03-2019, 10:55 AM
Received 84 Likes on 77 Posts
One owner 2004 G35 Coupe 6MT
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail

Go through and unplug stuff until it stops. Start by taking the battery out of the key fob, it's button might be shorted.

Then go to the switch on both driver/passenger side. Take them apart and use a meter to ring out the buttons to see if one is locked in the closed position.

The door hinge wiring has been known to fail for some folks, might be broken and making contact.

Nissan can read the lock signal status with the dealership Consult-II tool to see if it's actually being triggered by the BCM but if you unplug the door switches and it's STILL doing it then it's probably the BCM.

If the problem goes away when you unplug the door switches it's probably just the switch is crapped out.
I was leaning towards an IPDM issue as well, hence my question. Years ago when I had water intrusion issues in the IPDM area, my trunk opener acted exactly like how the OP described his door locks as behaving, and I'm pretty sure my BCM wasn't getting wet. I think a wet IPDM can have effects outside of what it directly controls, my two cents anyway. If I was the OP I'd at least check for water issues in that area/check the connectors for corrosion.

Old 01-03-2019, 12:22 PM
What does? The BCM?

I have 2 keys, and one of them has a battery that is completely dead, and this happens with both.

The switches seem to operate properly, while it is constantly clicking, and while it isn't. I've even tried to unlock it with the switch and by hand while it is clicking and it immediatley re-locks, sometimes even before I can open the door, like it is being sent a signal to lock over and over again, even when it's already locked.

I will check this

Side note....my car also is having trouble with the sensors being "ready" for inspection, as if it has not completed the drive trace after disconnecting the battery.....though it had been driven for over 1000 miles prior to my inspection....could this also be related to a BCM problem?

Old 01-03-2019, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by MikeG35Coupe
I was leaning towards an IPDM issue as well, hence my question. Years ago when I had water intrusion issues in the IPDM area, my trunk opener acted exactly like how the OP described his door locks as behaving, and I'm pretty sure my BCM wasn't getting wet. I think a wet IPDM can have effects outside of what it directly controls, my two cents anyway. If I was the OP I'd at least check for water issues in that area/check the connectors for corrosion.
Yesterday, it was raining and I checked, and the IPDM box did not appear to be wet.

Old 01-05-2019, 04:03 PM
I have had this EXACT same issue before. Ended up being the passenger side sunroof drain was leaking onto the BCM. There is a sunroof grommet on the passenger firewall that fails on our cars. When it fails, water backlogs down the firewall over the BCM and then settles onto the floor. Check to see if your passenger side carpet is damp. If it is, you found your culprit.