2007 G sedan pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 12:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
New York Times reporting 325 hp
Waahooooo
Where did you read this? Can you post the link?!?!?!?

Old 04-12-2006, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by picus112
My one major criticism of the current G35 sedan was its high roofline and slab-sidedness. Unfortunately it looks like that will remain.
I think these words sum up what most of us who are disappointed in the new G35 sedan are trying to say. There are some of us who own the coupe already, but for space/family/practicality reasons were/are considering a 4 door sport sedan. There are others who don't own an Infiniti yet, but are trying to decide between the coupe or sedan.

If Infiniti wants to rule that share of the market, and beat out Lexus and BMW, they have got to lower the roofline, rake the windshield, widen the car a bit, and make the back more sport. They need to make the G35 a sports sedan, not a luxury sedan.

There are so many dads/husbands/businessmen that want to drive a coupe, but need to drive a sedan, and therefore if Infiniti would have been able to incorporate the lines of the prototype coupe into this new sedan, they would have had a sure winner.

Most people who like this new sedan in this thread are probably those of you who already own a G35 sedan, and I can understand why you like the improvements, this newer model is more refined, curvy, with major improvements in many areas. But for all the others who have the coupe or are looking at the Infiniti badge, I think this new G35 sedan will be a hard sell compared to the IS and BMW......

I am still reserving judgement till I see it in person with better rims, but for now, I think the consensus for those of us who aren't blown away with the new design is due to:

1) Roof too high
2) Width too narrow
3) Ugly or less pleasing behind

Please post your findings once you guys get back from the NY auto show... I would love to know if those of you who weren't blown away with the new design change your mind once standing in front of it....Or if those of you who loved the pics changed your mind and were disappointed once you saw it in person...

Old 04-12-2006, 12:21 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 04-12-2006, 12:21 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by neils
I think these words sum up what most of us who are disappointed in the new G35 sedan are trying to say. There are some of us who own the coupe already, but for space/family/practicality reasons were/are considering a 4 door sport sedan. There are others who don't own an Infiniti yet, but are trying to decide between the coupe or sedan.

If Infiniti wants to rule that share of the market, and beat out Lexus and BMW, they have got to lower the roofline, rake the windshield, widen the car a bit, and make the back more sport. They need to make the G35 a sports sedan, not a luxury sedan.

There are so many dads/husbands/businessmen that want to drive a coupe, but need to drive a sedan, and therefore if Infiniti would have been able to incorporate the lines of the prototype coupe into this new sedan, they would have had a sure winner.

Most people who like this new sedan in this thread are probably those of you who already own a G35 sedan, and I can understand why you like the improvements, this newer model is more refined, curvy, with major improvements in many areas. But for all the others who have the coupe or are looking at the Infiniti badge, I think this new G35 sedan will be a hard sell compared to the IS and BMW......

I am still reserving judgement till I see it in person with better rims, but for now, I think the consensus for those of us who aren't blown away with the new design is due to:

1) Roof too high
2) Width too narrow
3) Ugly or less pleasing behind

Please post your findings once you guys get back from the NY auto show... I would love to know if those of you who weren't blown away with the new design change your mind once standing in front of it....Or if those of you who loved the pics changed your mind and were disappointed once you saw it in person...
I'm glad someone feels exactly the way I do. I actually own a 2003 G sedan right now (and used to own a coupe). I've always liked the look of the currend sedan except that it's too thin and too narrow. This isn't always apparent until you see it beside another sport-sedan. My wife owns a 2003 330i, and the G is easily 2-3 inches thinner and at least 4 inches taller. It looks very slab sided when compared directly with the last gen 3-series, and even more so when compared to a new IS or new 3-series.

I definitely like what they did to the front - the grille and headlamps look much better, the front fascia is 05/06 esque, which is good - and the hood is nice and sleek. I don't mind the side profile either; a nice long hood, low to the ground stance, similar c-pillar to the current G sedan. The rear is ok, although I'm not sold on the bubbles under the rear tail lights. The thing that immediately strikes me though (as I mentioned) is that it looks maybe 1 inch wider than the current G, but every bit as tall. And while this makes for a lot of headroom (which is good of course), it definitely makes the car look clumsy, less aggressive, and way less sporty than its competitors. I'll have to see it in person and with a kit/new wheels - but right now I have to admit I'm a little dissapointed.

Edit to add - the interior looks better but it totally just looks like a refresh. The door handles, seats, center console, all the same. The only real difference is the dash mounted NAV and LHD radio controls.

Last edited by Picus; 04-12-2006 at 12:29 PM.
Old 04-12-2006, 12:24 PM
Aw yea now this is what I am talking about! Compact flash in dash!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.nissannews.com/multimedia...7_sedan_16.jpg

Old 04-12-2006, 12:26 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm glad someone feels exactly the way I do. I actually own a 2003 G sedan right now (and used to own a coupe). I've always liked the look of the currend sedan except that it's too thin and too narrow. This isn't always apparent until you see it beside another sport-sedan. My wife owns a 2003 330i, and the G is easily 2-3 inches thinner and at least 4 inches taller. It looks very slab sided when compared directly with the last gen 3-series, and even more so when compared to a new IS or new 3-series.

I definitely like what they did to the front - the grille and headlamps look much better, the front fascia is 05/06 esque, which is good - and the hood is nice and sleek. I don't mind the side profile either; a nice long hood, low to the ground stance, similar c-pillar to the current G sedan. The rear is ok, although I'm not sold on the bubbles under the rear tail lights. The thing that immediately strikes me though (as I mentioned) is that it looks maybe 1 inch wider than the current G, but every bit as tall. And while this makes for a lot of headroom (which is good of course), it definitely makes the car look clumsp, less aggressive, and way less sporty than its competitors. I'll have to see it in person and with a kit/new wheels - but right now I have to admit I'm a little dissapointed.

Edit to add - the interior looks better but it totally just looks like a refresh. The door handles, seats, center console, all the same. The only real difference is the dash mounted NAV and LHD radio controls.
Nothing wrong with a refresh of a proven good selling car!

Old 04-12-2006, 12:26 PM
Seat controls are now on the seat sides!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.nissannews.com/multimedia...7_sedan_12.jpg

Old 04-12-2006, 12:28 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ABQ_G35
Nothing wrong with a refresh of a proven good selling car!
I know - I guess I just expected more. This was supposed to be a re-design. Even BMW, which sticks very staunchly to its previous designs, makes it so the respective re-designs are very noticable. I just think this could have been passed off as a refresh. A good one, but not enough compared to the competition, imo.

Old 04-12-2006, 12:34 PM
N50
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know - I guess I just expected more. This was supposed to be a re-design. Even BMW, which sticks very staunchly to its previous designs, makes it so the respective re-designs are very noticable. I just think this could have been passed off as a refresh. A good one, but not enough compared to the competition, imo.
I understand what you are saying. When I saw the pictures at first I wasn't thrilled. After seeing the Car and Driver pics I'm felt better. The more pictures I see the more I like it. Hopefully a visit to a dealer will cure doubts.

Old 04-12-2006, 12:35 PM
I like it! I am sure ill like it even more once i see it on the street! It has been only a few hours now and its already growing on me! lol
325hp??? really? links anyone?

Old 04-12-2006, 12:39 PM
Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
All looks good except for that rear spoiler.

Old 04-12-2006, 12:39 PM
What do you all think the compact flash will be used for? Playing mp3's, viewing pictures/videos on the nav screen, recording audio from radio/cd, possibly uploading phonebook/contact info to nav console.

Old 04-12-2006, 12:40 PM
Old 04-12-2006, 12:50 PM
Looks like still no factory aluminum sport pedals, why a CF slot and not a USB and hooray for moving the seat controls.

Old 04-12-2006, 12:51 PM
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member
Location: Universe.Milkyway.Solarsystem.Earth.NorthAmerica.USA.FL.Tampa
Originally Posted by vlm7
Compactflash port?! In lieu of ipod?
http://www.nissannews.com/multimedia...7_sedan_16.jpg

Oh that is fantastic. What would be even better is if they offered a PC application that would compliment the navigation package and allow trip planning, map updating via bluetooth obex or SD/Compact Flash cards.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2007 G sedan pics