G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

2007 G sedan pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 09:31 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Corgidog
If only Infiniti replaced the cheap aluminum strips with real wood, it would class up the interior a whole lot. I for one am tired of the aluminum trim in my 05 as it dents very easily and just looks pasted on as opposed to integrated in.
Hopefully they'll have both options....
I for one don't like a forest in my car.

Old 04-12-2006, 09:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm definitely feelin the way this new G looks but i'm undecided on the Navi system and the gauge cluster. I will save my final judgements until I see the car in person.

jdm4eva

Old 04-12-2006, 09:34 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Konsole
I think they did a good job in general but my major concern is that it looks just like its competitors inside and out. The interior of the IS and the 07 G are very similar.

I really like the unique look of the 06 G sedan. The stacked headlights (catamaran design) are unique and give the front a very upscale look.

I am sure it will sell well. Infiniti needs to stay safe I guess. They are trying to grow. I do think that the original G was succussful partly because of the fresh design, the risk they took with it. They didnt feel the need to copy %50 of the competitors designs.
I don't really see the similarities in the interior shots here, I like the G dash and console much better.

Old 04-12-2006, 09:50 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Originally Posted by ABQ_G35
I don't really see the similarities in the interior shots here, I like the G dash and console much better.
100% agree..
Don't know what Lexus were thinking with this mix of,
lumber and painted/alumi trims
They just don't go together at all.

Center stack controls are poorly organized as well!

...other than that I really don't have an opinion on the Lexus interior

Old 04-12-2006, 10:00 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MotDynG35
that is exactly what im sayin...good stuff!!!
Those wheels make all the difference in the world. It makes the car look SOOO much better. I like the rear end now and think the car looks really nice. I wonder what other wheel option Infiniti will offer, because the missed the boat on those stock wheels. The thing that bugs me about the interior is all the buttons/***** in the center appear to be solid plastic and makes it look cheap. The 05/06 buttons and ***** have a nice aluminum trip around them....not sure why they didn't do that with this model. I want to see how the dash curves into the passenger side and the doors.

Old 04-12-2006, 10:02 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
As far as the Lexus I don't like how low the CD player sits in the dash. It's too close to the gear shift.

Old 04-12-2006, 10:16 AM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
^^ works fine. Love my IS. After seeing pics of the new G sedan I'm very happy with my purchase

Old 04-12-2006, 10:30 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If there's one thing I've learned in life, it's that photos NEVER do a car justice. It will look much better driving down the road. And I already love it. I can see the potential in it. The G sedan has never been a sexy car until after it's lowered with bigger wheels. That's why I bought my 05; because it looks great lightly modded. I won't be trading my car for this (unless it gets totaled), but the 07 is definitely an upgrade. Looks great.

Old 04-12-2006, 10:47 AM
On Car and Driver.com they say that Infinit says its a reworked 3.5 v-6 that is 80% new. I see a higher redline, but honestly if they are working off this same engine do you guys think that it will come pretty much as tuned as it can be from the factory without much room for aftermarket stuff (besides FI).

I have to say I was expecting a more "ground breaking" design for the G, I'm def not an infiniti hater, but I think they should've done a better job on this (just from looking at pics of course).

Old 04-12-2006, 10:49 AM

The car didnt even come yet and you guys are already modding it. Nice photochop though knihc2008.

I love this pic:

Also, I would agree with superb16. The sedan was never hands down sexy unless it was slighlty modded. I thought Infiniti would have taken that into consideration when they redesigned the 07'. Their mistake was showing us the concept coupe first. It raised everyone's expectations for the sedan. Bad move.

Old 04-12-2006, 10:54 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Originally Posted by gt_performah
Their mistake was showing us the concept coupe first. It raised everyone's expectations for the sedan. Bad move.
Good point....
I wonder how different the reactions would be if we saw this 1st.

Old 04-12-2006, 10:55 AM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by gt_performah

Also, I would agree with superb16. The sedan was never hands down sexy unless it was slighlty modded. I thought Infiniti would have taken that into consideration when they redesigned the 07'. Their mistake was showing us the concept coupe first. It raised everyone's expectations for the sedan. Bad move.

+1..........

Old 04-12-2006, 10:58 AM
I can tell you that I like what I am seeing. Whenever I'm on the lot that M front-end still catches my eye. This is a great amalgamation of M lights with G lines. The grill looks after-market too, doesn't it? And I think the catamaran look still shows (although we really need a head-on shot for this...let's see in an hour)

Thank GOD they got rid of those flip-up door handles.

The roofline is distinctly G-sedan. All you haters comparing this to a coupe need to remember that this is a SEDAN. The sedan appeals to a different segment.

The tail is a good evolution IMO. And I think the tail is SO much of what we are calling 'sportier' than the boxy rear of the current sedan (the current 90 degree angle where the entire rear meets the entire bumper does not scream 'sporty' to me.) This one flows, and looks wider and meaner.

The Interior looks promising but an in-person test will be absolutely necessary to judge it. If they took cues from the M on the redesigned interior materials, fit and finish then I am excited because I love the interior of the M so much I want to be burried in it!

Now let's see the engine specs and feature list...

I'm gonna be checking this out as soon as it hits the dealer. Then I'll wait a year to buy one.

Thank you Infiniti for not ruining a great automobile!

Old 04-12-2006, 11:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ Wow, you were reading my mind.

A bit of parts bin sharing, but it's a good bin.

Old 04-12-2006, 11:07 AM
I love this car. I love the pancaked hood, the slightly bulbous rear fender, and the distance between the front wheels and the doors.

We'll see what the radio and HVAC display will look like for those who don't opt for the ATM in the dash. What's going to go in that cubby?

I'm a little surprised at the black plastic ***** on the radio/HVAC center. They look like the ones on the '05 C6 Vette. Hoping they have a nice rubberized coating at least.

Small complaints, though. All in all, a stunner imo.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2007 G sedan pics