G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

2007 G sedan pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 10:00 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by da mayor
i had to spill these beans. i'm taking deposits and orders now lol
Wow, that's a nice evoloution of the G35, still carries the same heritage, nice work Infiniti! I'll still be happy with my '05!

Old 04-11-2006, 10:05 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeyMike
Two things I just noticed...

The sedan has a dual exhaust, finally.

Also, what is that button on the bottom left of that interior shot? VDC off?
But it's probably as dual as the current model, I bet it's not a true dual exhaust.

Old 04-11-2006, 10:07 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GEE35X
So far I like most of the changes on the new sedan. The changes are not too radical and you can still see lots of the G35 heritage. I am just not sure about the way the rear fenders slope back to meet the rear bumper. It will be good to see the specs on the new model. We need lots more pics of the interior and exterior.
I am really looking forward to the reports and impressions from our fellow members that attend the show this week.
The problem here is that current Coupe and the new Concept Coupe - these cars look fantastic at any angle. I compare these coupes to the Aston-Martin Vanquish, DB9, ect, the only other mass-manufactured cars, IMO that no bad angles matter where you look - it's always flawless like the Infiniti Coupe Concept and current G35 Coupe.

That creates a tremendous expectation for the sedan, the new sedan could take the coupe lines almost exactly [IE: the IS 350 Coupe that is being release is EXACTLY like the sedan, (-) 2 doors], but so far I'm not seen it. Instead, like 99% of the other cars out there, there are good angles and bad ones.

I just may go for the Coupe, but it’s hard to live w/a coupe with a young child, but more pics and a personal inspection may change my mind. Or I may take the IS 350 anyway...

Last edited by RLampke; 04-11-2006 at 10:10 PM.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:12 PM
Beautiful

Old 04-11-2006, 10:13 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
My one major criticism of the current G35 sedan was its high roofline and slab-sidedness. Unfortunately it looks like that will remain.

Old 04-11-2006, 10:15 PM
Rollin On Dubz
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JGFox
Mikey, this isn't a concept, it's production.. I think.

You're right it is production...but maybe once I see more pics of the car, different colors and angles..more interior shots...and in person I'll change my tune.

Old 04-11-2006, 10:15 PM
Rollin On Dubz
I believe this is coming out in September, no?

Old 04-11-2006, 10:16 PM
If the '08 coupe looks anything like the concept I'm sure I'll probably switch into one of those... it depends on what I'm looking for in a car at the time.. we still have MANY months before we can get our hands on either one!

Old 04-11-2006, 10:18 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by N50
I'm curious how well it will be accepted by consumers/critics.There seems to be just as much disappointment as there is those who like it. Of course these are just pictures but first impression is everything.
I actually wasn't crazy about the first gen G35 sedan at first, but I find myself liking it more and more as time passes. Some cars take a while to appreciate...hopefully the new G35 will follow this pattern. I would love to see a new 07 modded with wheels, tint and a drop.

Old 04-11-2006, 10:19 PM
CtK
Originally Posted by neils
Sorry guys, I have a 04 coupe right now, and with a newborn, have been anxiously awaiting the release of the 07 sedan. I was hoping that it would somewhat resemble the 07/08 prototype coupe, look more raked, more sport, lower and wider stance, coupe with 2 more doors. Plus with the competition of sporty sedans like BMW and IS, I was expecting something radical. Instead, it looks like today's sedan, with the front end of the M, and an incorporated wing with rounded out bumpers. If this is what I have been anxiously waiting for, sorry to say I am disappointed with the outside. It should have shaken the automotive world, like the IS did, but instead, all I see is a small rumble....

I really do prefer the look of the IS350 and BMW 3 series over this newer G35 sedan. So I guess I will wait and see if I change my opinion when I see it in person, since sometimes pictures do not justify a car....

Was expecting something hotter than this....
u want a sedan i guess for the baby seat??
have u seen the backseat of the IS?? its the same size as our coupe backseats!!
and the 3 series still looks wierd and wavy

this car is tight!!
but ill wait for the 08 coupe

Old 04-11-2006, 10:21 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by CtK
u want a sedan i guess for the baby seat??
have u seen the backseat of the IS?? its the same size as our coupe backseats!!
and the 3 series still looks wierd and wavy

this car is tight!!
but ill wait for the 08 coupe
Yes it is tight and really no more room than the coupe, but the added 2 doors in the back help out greatly regardless of the room...

Old 04-11-2006, 10:22 PM
The BMW is a much nicer car than the current gen G (can't tell about the new G because I haven't seen it in person!) but the BMW outside has a face only a mother (or Bangle relative) could love. The new G is much less offensive looking but Infiniti disappoints because they were coming out with edgy designs (first gen G35, FX etc.) and now they are becoming very sedate (minus the coupe concept which is stunning!).

Old 04-11-2006, 10:39 PM
N50
Just in case anyone thought that it still carried the same engine as before, notice the 7500 (it is actually 7600) redline. This car will outperform the BMW 3 series handily. the interior is all new, the chasis is all new, and what you see is the production version. not a thing will change in the dealership near you. Unfortunately I can't tell you a thing about pricing.
From an "insider" on Fresh Alloy. He hasn't been wrong yet really. He gave us an accurate description of the car before the pics were leaked. Maybe, bye bye VQ?

Old 04-11-2006, 10:46 PM
of course, this car will look a thousand times better in person. and even from the photos you can tell it's much more muscular and sculpted than the current model. it basically looks like a mini-M, which is not a bad thing considering the M is a handsome car. this G looks like a more sporty, compact version of the M.

the only things i'm not too impressed with are the wheels and the Acura knock-off instrument panel lighting.

Old 04-11-2006, 10:48 PM
i mean how much more can pricing be before stepping on the M's toes? base of $34k? fully loaded around 42-44k?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2007 G sedan pics