Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 03:31 AM
Rollin On Dubz
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love the front, it's the rear tha'ts messing it up for me

Old 04-12-2006, 03:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by knihc2008
the interior pales in comparison to the IS'.
Based on pictures I don't think the new G's interior "pales" compared to the IS, I’ll reserve my final judgment until I actually sit in the new G. I've driven the IS350 for an extended amount of time and while I thought the interior was nice (didn't care for the cheap looking console without the nav option) it isn't anything spectacular and being so small inside just made matters worse.

Old 04-12-2006, 04:19 AM
i just think the black buttons in silver aluminum looks incredibly cheap. the dials in the G gauge, with the huge font, look cheap. something about the steering wheel too... the whole thing just looks so nissan maxima, and not infiniti M, do you know what i mean?

the exterior design of this car is growing on me though. it has since i saw the first pictures. the car and driver pics are making the car grow on me even more.

Old 04-12-2006, 04:55 AM
I think they did a great job designing-overall, but can they have made the radio any harder? meaning....looking at where the radio is place plus with the clock, it looks like a *itch to change into an aftermarket...someone should start now and design a DD or something. even tho the car has not been released, doesn't hurt to start early

Or maybe its just me noticing this.

I think, (you heard it here first), your probably gonna have to sacrafice that infiniti clock to put an aftermarket radio...or maybe the clock can be placed a bit higher with a DD. LOL

Last edited by God-speed; 04-12-2006 at 04:59 AM.
Old 04-12-2006, 05:07 AM
i just think the black buttons in silver aluminum looks incredibly cheap. the dials in the G gauge, with the huge font, look cheap. something about the steering wheel too... the whole thing just looks so nissan maxima, and not infiniti M, do you know what i mean?
They both have their positives and weaknesses, there are a lot of things that I didn't like on the IS either, i.e. the center console looks tacky with the gray color scheme and gray buttons. I despised the purplish plastic trim surrounding the hazard button, and the digital clock with the tiny H, M adjustment buttons looked like it came straight out of a lower end Toyota. The cruise control stalk should've been integrated into the steering wheel and not on a stalk that is shared with most Toyotas, also the feel and texture of the upper portion of the dash on the IS felt cheap which appears that it will not age well etc.

Old 04-12-2006, 06:27 AM
Originally Posted by God-speed
I think they did a great job designing-overall, but can they have made the radio any harder? meaning....looking at where the radio is place plus with the clock, it looks like a *itch to change into an aftermarket...someone should start now and design a DD or something. even tho the car has not been released, doesn't hurt to start early

Or maybe its just me noticing this.

I think, (you heard it here first), your probably gonna have to sacrafice that infiniti clock to put an aftermarket radio...or maybe the clock can be placed a bit higher with a DD. LOL

put single din in the ashtray location

Old 04-12-2006, 07:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looking good, glad they didnt go with the exagerated rear brake lights like the coupe concept. Still kind of not impressed with the interior. The gauges do look better than 05+ but the rest, I dont think so.

Here is to hoping they dont crap the interior of the Coupe as that is what I am going for.

Old 04-12-2006, 07:46 AM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Cool

The 07 G35 sedan should definely put the 3 series sedan and is350 a run for their money now. Damn, it looks very sexy!

Old 04-12-2006, 08:05 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Overall looks pretty good...

I like the detail along the bottom rocker... helps to bring down the height.
Especially since the rub strips are gone on the doors.

The one feature that dosn't fit my eye is the rear bumper.
Not sure if I like the transition form the tail light/rear fender

The wheel well gaps look way better....especially for & aft of the wheel.
hope they keep the ride height like that.

Attached Thumbnails 2007 G sedan pics-2007g35aa.jpg  
Old 04-12-2006, 08:11 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
The one feature that dosn't fit my eye is the rear bumper.
Not sure if I like the transition form the tail light/rear fender
Exactly, I agree with you on this Ian, the rest I likey so far

Old 04-12-2006, 08:35 AM
CtK
Originally Posted by Klubbheads
Well said.^
Infinit should've continued chasing the 330 not the 40 year old man's car (the is350).
the 330 is fugly!! and the 330 coupe is even uglier

new Gs FTW

the exterior design of this car is growing on me though. it has since i saw the first pictures. the car and driver pics are making the car grow on me even more.
i like my interiors without a forrest in it
thank you very much

Old 04-12-2006, 08:38 AM
CtK

ok i found somethin i dont like
the rear brake lights has a little piece that stick out like the Mazda 6

Old 04-12-2006, 08:49 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by CtK
ok i found somethin i dont like
the rear brake lights has a little piece that stick out like the Mazda 6
IIRC, the main reason for that is aerodynamics.
That's why the IS350 has bulbous tails as well.

Old 04-12-2006, 09:10 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I think they did a good job in general but my major concern is that it looks just like its competitors inside and out. The interior of the IS and the 07 G are very similar.

I really like the unique look of the 06 G sedan. The stacked headlights (catamaran design) are unique and give the front a very upscale look.

I am sure it will sell well. Infiniti needs to stay safe I guess. They are trying to grow. I do think that the original G was succussful partly because of the fresh design, the risk they took with it. They didnt feel the need to copy %50 of the competitors designs.

Old 04-12-2006, 09:29 AM
If only Infiniti replaced the cheap aluminum strips with real wood, it would class up the interior a whole lot. I for one am tired of the aluminum trim in my 05 as it dents very easily and just looks pasted on as opposed to integrated in. Other than that criticism, I think the 07 interior is a major step forward for the G.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2007 G sedan pics