G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

2007 G sedan pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 10:37 AM
N50
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the "rice paper" aluminum trim doesn't look half bad in the pics. I agree its a little different. I guess the upside is that it won't be prone to scratches as easy as the early aluminum interiors.

Old 04-15-2006, 10:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i never said it looked bad i like the look, i just don't like that fruity marketing lingo "rice paper" aluminum.

Old 04-15-2006, 02:18 PM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by BigSash
i never said it looked bad i like the look, i just don't like that fruity marketing lingo "rice paper" aluminum.
infiniti's main key is design of all their models. yes it sounds a little corny but hey people do remember that rice paper mogul

Old 04-15-2006, 02:27 PM
yeah but do they remember it positively?

Old 04-15-2006, 02:28 PM
it is one thing if some1 is like "hey that looks liek rice paper" but when infiniti is like "the design is inspired by japanese rice paper" i expect them to follow it with "and the new improved first aid kit now has two panty liners and 4 tampons"

Old 04-15-2006, 02:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Those who are complaining that the sedan doesn't look like the coupe, or doesn't have the coupe's lines, just don't get it.

The G35 sedan is made for people who want to have space for 4 or 5 people to fit comfortably. The coupe's back seats, while having very good leg room, has absolutely no head room. If they made the G35 sedan as swoopy as the coupe, people would complain that it has no headroom.

Cars such as the GS300/430 or the various rounded Jaguar sedans have sacraficed rear head room for a more stylish rear window slope. Guess what? People with those cars complain about the poor rear headroom.

Personally, I think the coupe concept is stunning. If the sedan could look like a 4 door coupe, and keep all of it's good interior space and dimensions that would be awesome. Unfortunately, the laws of physics make this impossible.

While we're at it, why doesn't infiniti make the FX35/45 look as sporty as the coupe? I want a vehicle w/ styling like the coupe but has the same interior space as an SUV!!! What? Infiniti can't do it? Well, they suck!

As for the complaints about it looking too narrow and slab sided, I can agree with that. It saw someone post the dimensions of this 07 Sedan and it is still less than 70" wide. That is VERY narrow considering all of the competitors are all wider. At least Infiniti could have made it as wide as the coupe (71.5"). This would have improved interior space and made the car look better.

Old 04-15-2006, 05:45 PM
I love the new G

I love the 07 G!!! i've seen a ton of photos and watched the vids, and i'm just about sold. I can't wait to see a black one on the lot. I really could care less about a few more hp as the car was already pretty quick, but I guess bragging rights are just that. I found a couple of more pics at Nissan Japan there will be more information on the Skyline sedan on the 24th, I am curious how the two cars will differ this time around.....................

Old 04-15-2006, 05:46 PM
^nice Pics

Old 04-15-2006, 07:53 PM
They should have given the rear wheels an offset to the front. That would one easy thing that could give it the sporty look everyone wants.

Old 04-15-2006, 08:02 PM
May I ask if anyone know where the temperature display will be for the climate control??/
It seems like there are no such display anymore....

Old 04-15-2006, 08:11 PM
N50
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Renesis
May I ask if anyone know where the temperature display will be for the climate control??/
It seems like there are no such display anymore....
I'm sure it will be integrated with the nav if you have that option. For example FX's have the temperature displayed on the same screen as but under the navigation map.

Old 04-15-2006, 09:34 PM
so is this the V36 Skyline?

Old 04-15-2006, 10:33 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BigSash
yeah but do they remember it positively?
Having been an artist for most of my life, the rice paper comments don't sound bad at all to me, actually gives the car a classy sound. I thought I also heard a comment in that Infiniti vid Michell from Infiniti posted describing it as a sword.

Old 04-16-2006, 01:07 AM
Talking long post

Hey guys, here is my personal opinion. Not meant to offence anyone. I'm a newbie with a 2003 G (my english is not that good either, lol), so be easy on me

Here is my suggestion on the perfect G sedan/coupe. Keep the exterior look of the 03-04 coupe, add the interior of the 05-06 coupe, upgrade the interior material and the dash with soft plastic (maybe offer a leather dash like those in aston martin, ferrari, etc, I know this is crazy for a car this price, but I don't mind paying the extra 2-3k for this if it is available as an option. I'm sure most of you may pay for this). no wood trimp on the coupe please, Aluminum or Carbon fiber will do. Maybe offer wood trim on the sedan for the family guys. 7600 redline engine is hot, so keep it please. don't offer the G in blue, red, and sand colors (those colors fit more for the Z), just black, white, metallic, and silver will do. Engine bay cover should be black plastic with smaller aluminum label, not those ugly red and white paint with big plastic label (3.5 VQ, etc. hope you guys know what i meant). This will give the engine bay a more upscale look. Glass roof like the one on the new Coupe concept (that is hot). No hidden door handle or camera side mirror. The side mirror should be the same as the 03 coupe but with an extra camera builtin to it (best of both world). add backup camera and sensor both on front and back, don't want to damage either end of the car here, hehe. Add lange changes warning system (like the one in the FX). Please, keep the vertical head light and the tailight the same as the 03 coupe, I want the G to be different than the M or the rest of the car on the road.

My takes on the 2007 G sendan vs BMW 3 series and Lexus IS

- They should keep the same exterior for the new g, just make it a few inches wider, taller, and shorter will turn it into a more aggressive beast who give a damn about 3 extra inches in trunk spaces). I hate the new head lights, it is so generic (not special like the old style). The front fascia is fugly, too round. This g looks like a mini M35 which the style is for people over 40, most of us in here are not that old, bad move by infinity here. They should make each of their series distinctive. 3 series and IS wins. To make it simple, they should make the G sendan looks exactly like a coupe but with two extra door. Get rid of the ugly tailight on the sendan, give it the coupe tailight instead (BMW did this with the 3 series and they had been success in the last 10 years). fair for everyone?

- The center console is fugly, to wide on the top (shape likes the IS console), I like the 05-06 style better (miss the popup navi). I think orange lighting is better than the cheap looking blue lighting mix with orange. But I do think the interior of the new g sedan looks better than the new lexus IS or BMW 3 series (wood is for old people, the center dash look cheap and fugly). I saw BMW at a car show last month, and the interior is a joke (even on the M5 and M6, black plastic all over place). G wins

- I don't like the 05-07 wheels on the G coupe and sendan, the 03-04 wheels look much better, simple and aggressive. what they should do is to offer the 03-04 wheels in diferent color such as black, metallic, silver, chrome as an option. Or maybe some lips, may I suggest 2 inches on the front and 3 inches on the back. This way it doesn't hurt the after market wheel vendors since these after market wheels offer 3-5 inches lips.. it is a tie in this case, I don't like any wheels on the new IS, 3 series, and G

Old 04-16-2006, 01:12 AM
Thumbs down

^ boo

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2007 G sedan pics