G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

2007 g35 sedan impressions : back from the autoshow!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 05:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 g35 sedan impressions : back from the autoshow!

hey folks,

i just got back from the auto show. i attended the public unveiling and figured i'd let everyone know my impressions. the car is everything you see in the pictures. it looks like infiniti listened to the public and gave more focus to the interior and the creature comforts of the car. the spoiler is indeed chrome. i was able to corner the presenter and was able to find out that he was also on the skyline team (altho he was very hush hush about what he gave away about that). ipod integration doesnt look like it will be available for the 07 model but it will be available for the 08 model. the interesting thing tho was that there are rca inputs in the armrest. i can also confirm that the new g35 sedan does indeed come w/ a 10 Gb hard drive if you opt for the navigation package. i asked to see the engine bay but they asked that i not pop the hood because it was a preproduction vehicle and they were concerned about the hood lines mating. someone else popped the trunk and at a quick glance it looks similar to the existing trunk space. i was not able to see if the seats folded down or if there was a pass thru. my initial impressions were that the car felt less roomier but then i realized it was the side bolsters holding me in more. it's definitely a sportier feel and the seat seems to hold you more (considerably more than the sedan). i know you guys probably have a ton of questions but i'm exhausted and also need to find a place to upload the pictures. i'll try my best to answer any questions.

edit forgot to note what the presenter said when i asked about trim options available in jdn vs usdm, in particular the turn signal mirrors. basically he wasnt too fond of the mirrors as they appear, which is something that they hope to change for the 08. the mirrors will adjust as the driver moves the seat. i think he mentioned something about reverse adjustment also, but dont quote me on that. additionally infiniti felt that turn signal mirrors would take away from the sporty feel.

edit ii pics

Last edited by tkman00; 04-14-2006 at 06:41 PM.
Old 04-14-2006, 05:04 PM
nice update! Infiniti is SO stupid for screwing 2007 buyers and putting ipod connectivity in the '08. Seriously.

Old 04-14-2006, 05:19 PM
it kind of interesting. he sort of addressed that. it's not that they wanted to *screw* 07 owners. they felt that being that mp3s are compressed that you wouldnt be able to experience the sound system to it's fullest capacity. he went on to say how they used a 80K home audio system and how they got bose and the infiniti engineers to use that as a reference. the presenter also went on to say how the front stage and the head unit was something that was never done before by and oem manufacturer.

Old 04-14-2006, 05:21 PM
Rollin On Dubz
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did you actaully get to hear the sound system?

Old 04-14-2006, 05:32 PM
so theres RCA Inputs for say a DVD Player, Television Tuner, PS2 and ETC!?

Old 04-14-2006, 05:33 PM
N50
Thanks for the update. The whole mp3 compression thing is kind of interesting. Hopefully the system is as good as advertised.

Old 04-14-2006, 05:45 PM
nope on hearing the sound system, yes on the rca inputs. the presenter even said you can use it in lieu of ipod integration. so it's not like 07 owners have no options, just not total ipod integrations like using steering wheel controls to control the ipod.

Old 04-14-2006, 06:25 PM
Registered

one question, where are all the pictures?

Old 04-14-2006, 06:42 PM
ask and you shall receive. i've got higher res pictures but limited space.

Last edited by tkman00; 04-14-2006 at 08:52 PM.
Old 04-14-2006, 08:23 PM
They're letting everyone sit in it ? I'll be there on Monday.

Old 04-14-2006, 08:35 PM
i don't think so. they let people @ the invitation check it out. but then they roped it off when they opened the doors to the public.

Old 04-14-2006, 08:53 PM
I just came back from the show myself. I just wanted to see the car to get a feel for it. Fortunately, I was there during one of the public presentations. The presenter did say the interior was the same amount of room as the current car and he mentioned some features but he didnt say anything about the speakers or the 10 gig hard drive. I could have probably said more about it.

Some people thought it was a concept car. I dont know if that's a compliment to the look or if they are just naive on these things. I'm not sure how close you got to the car tkman00 but the barrier they set up for the public didnt give any great angles of the interior. The best angle for me was standing in the back of the car and looking over the seats and that was about 10+ feet back. If the G was rotating like the M last year it would have been better. So any pic's you have may actually be better than what I was able to see in person. The interior does look solid and there is certainly a resemblance to the concept coupe interior. The center counsel looks more like a roller coaster swoop as appose to the current G which is more of a sharp one. The swoop is not as raised as the concept but it is higher than the current car.

The exterior looked better in person but not significantly better but it certainly makes the current G35 sedan look dated. When I was checking out the M45 from a distance the G looked strange but up close it looks better. I think there are some details about the car you dont notice from a distance. Maybe it's me. I did realize the place holder for license plate is on the bumber and it does not look deep like the M45 or Q. So if there is a camera on the back it will not be hidden.

There was no concept coupe. WTF was Infiniti thinking? Maybe they didnt want to take the attention away from the sedan. I was pretty upset about that.

Last edited by gt_performah; 04-14-2006 at 08:56 PM.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:04 PM
N50
Some people thought it was a concept car. I dont know if that's a compliment to the look or if they are just naive on these things.
Most likely people being naive. Especially about Infiniti. I guess they figure since it's roped off it must be a concept. It would have been great to see the coupe concept and sedan together. The cues taken from the concept would have been so much easier to see in the sedan. oh well.

Old 04-15-2006, 12:25 AM
Is the VDC switch still in the same place?????

Old 04-15-2006, 01:16 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Great pics and write up tk. Thanks for the info.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2007 g35 sedan impressions : back from the autoshow!