G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

Make a forum like "Kill Stories"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 11:29 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Make a forum like "Kill Stories"

on Bimmerforums.com

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...play.php?f=124

You don't have to endorse street racing by making this forum (in fact, I don't street race), BUT they're are many who race and have fairly entertaining stories out there...After all, isn't entertainment a partial reason for sites like this....

Old 10-25-2006, 03:33 PM
Cmon Son!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats a tough area to police it would seem. Thats based on thinking that we have quite a young crowd here. I understand where you are coming from though. That section could get ugly real fast is all im saying...

Old 10-25-2006, 04:12 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by RCMCFE
on Bimmerforums.com

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...play.php?f=124

You don't have to endorse street racing by making this forum (in fact, I don't street race), BUT they're are many who race and have fairly entertaining stories out there...After all, isn't entertainment a partial reason for sites like this....

Sorry, RCMCFE, we at 'Driver pride ourselves in not condoning anything about street racing, and have the support of most of our members who feel that it's an unsafe practice that they don't want to read about.

Sorry, but you'll have to satisfy that need elsewhere...

Thanks for understanding.

Colin.

Old 10-29-2006, 09:12 PM
English dude, English
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree Colin, but why then does my350z condone it? I mean after all its run by the same person. So why the double standards?

In no way do I condone racing but it is an obvious question that I think needs to be answered. What do you think?

Old 10-29-2006, 09:21 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

Originally Posted by Skyline_G35
I agree Colin, but why then does my350z condone it? I mean after all its run by the same person. So why the double standards?

In no way do I condone racing but it is an obvious question that I think needs to be answered. What do you think?
YES! I second that. And to think that everywhere on that site it says disrespectful members will be banned, yet when someone starts being harrassed by members, they give the person being harrassed the boot! WTF is that!? I PM'd Kyle about it and received no response. VERY LAME AND DISRESPECTFUL IN ITS OWN RIGHT.

I do not condone street racing, but i think it is complete HORSE **** that there are double standards and hypocritical (moderators on my350z). Thank god that we have good moderators like Colin on our site.

Old 11-08-2006, 04:14 AM
^ careful using my350z as ammo. we might end up ruining it for those guys. no need to sink their ship while trying to sail ours.

Just say WHY you believe a 'Kill Section' would beneficial.

Street racing is a very sore subject. People do it whether we condone or not. As for kids... that is why they have parents. WTF is a teenager doing with a G35 anyways? Secondly G35's are not the ideal racers and kids out there aren't buying them to try to beat people. Most people who buy G's I would be willing to guess have a pretty good head on their shoulders.

If it's a liability issue then why not just have people talk about the race and not about location and scene.

Old 11-08-2006, 04:24 AM
Just cuz we have a thread about 'street racing' doesn't mean we're 'condoning' it. There are already random threads about "A vs. B" stories with details and outcomes.

Old 11-08-2006, 09:13 AM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Originally Posted by G05C
Just cuz we have a thread about 'street racing' doesn't mean we're 'condoning' it. There are already random threads about "A vs. B" stories with details and outcomes.
I disagree. If we are creating an area for someone to be able to come in and brag about a win or cry over a loss, we are in a way condoning it. I am not one of those "street racers should be shot" people - I know it is irresponsible and dangerous but may have launched off the line a couple times myself. Theres a time and a place. The G is supposed to be more refined than the Z, aimed at a more mature audience. To me that is why a section about racing is fine on my350, but I would like to think the crowd on driver has a little more intelligent conversations to hold.

Old 11-08-2006, 09:23 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
I don't think it is a good idea to have a kill section. We do have a Motorsport section where you can post about Drag racing, Autocross, or drifting. The performance car enthusiast is in the limelight enough now with some members of the public giving us bad publicity because of souped up and performance cars, let alone the safety aspect of street racing.

Old 11-08-2006, 04:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
geez...

I just suggested the idea b'c I thought it would be interesting to read (isn't that the point of a forum). Something new, besides a 100th thread on the wonders of Zaino. Creating on would not cause people to go out and race. Thats about as ridiculous as saying violent video games causes kids to kill people...

That said, sorry I brought up the subject...I like g35driver.com just fine and it was only a suggestion.

Old 11-08-2006, 05:00 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by RCMCFE
geez...

I just suggested the idea b'c I thought it would be interesting to read (isn't that the point of a forum). Something new, besides a 100th thread on the wonders of Zaino. Creating on would not cause people to go out and race. Thats about as ridiculous as saying violent video games causes kids to kill people...

That said, sorry I brought up the subject...I like g35driver.com just fine and it was only a suggestion.
It doesn't hurt to make suggestions

Old 11-08-2006, 05:08 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Originally Posted by GEE35X
It doesn't hurt to make suggestions
Not at all, I dont think any of us intended to make it seem otherwise. I was just making a counter point.

Old 11-08-2006, 09:24 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by filanj
YES! I second that. And to think that everywhere on that site it says disrespectful members will be banned, yet when someone starts being harrassed by members, they give the person being harrassed the boot! WTF is that!? I PM'd Kyle about it and received no response. VERY LAME AND DISRESPECTFUL IN ITS OWN RIGHT.

I do not condone street racing, but i think it is complete HORSE **** that there are double standards and hypocritical (moderators on my350z). Thank god that we have good moderators like Colin on our site.
My350z and G35Driver are 2 different sites. Yes I run it but I do not own it and some of the things were there before I started running it.

I will not create a kill forum here and I have my reasons behind it, the streetracing forum on my350z was already there when I took over.

BTW, I get a ton of emails,pms that I cannot respond to, Although I would love to respond to all of them I can not.