G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

If this site is going to have 13 quintillion sections then

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 11:57 AM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
If this site is going to have 13 quintillion sections then

how about a vender/seller experience section? So a thread like this doesn't get lumped into OT. And no, trader ratings don't cover this as one would have to suspect a particular person/vendor in order to see the trader rating.

Well maybe you already have a section like this. But I don't know where it is.

https://g35driver.com/forums/archived-sales/148040-unlimited-tuning-theives-beware.html

Old 04-03-2007, 05:36 PM
Red Card Crew

Yes? No? Maybe? Hell no? Frick off? Yeah? What? Who? Why? When?

Old 04-03-2007, 05:41 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree with you Jeff. Do you remember that IDIOT that came in here a few weeks back trying to sell everyone "performance chips" he bought off ebay and slapped a sticker on them to resell them at $80 a pop! Or how about his $600 turbo kit! That thing was sweet!......NOOOOT.

Every couple of weeks I see a thread pop up asking about people's experiences with different vendors etc.

I think we should have a vendor feedback forum as well that we are able to post our experiences in be it good or bad or neutral...

Old 04-03-2007, 07:34 PM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree. I inquired about this about a year and a half ago. I think it is still relevant.

Old 04-03-2007, 07:38 PM
workin...

i'd like to see it too.

Old 04-03-2007, 07:42 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
It would help us. Right now we just see a thread from time to time when someone has a bad time.

Old 04-03-2007, 08:24 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Personally I'm pretty much neutral on this subject but for discussion purposes let me throw a few things into the mix and get your thoughts.

Let's start off with the linky above but first my disclaimer. I know one of the originators of UT and who is not with them anymore. I'll also put it out there that I have bought UT product and never had any problems but that was awhile ago when UT was in it's infantcy. My car was also used to 'test' product for fitment etc. when prototypes arrived. Now that I have that out of the way and back to the MRC post.

I also know the boyz @ MRC and have been to their shop and meets with them. The thread is basicly a rant and fire sale post. Their dealings with UT was stricky a business thing that didn't involve any users here. It was between UT and MRC. IMO the rant should of been handled outside of here.

Overtime we have had our share of threads with users complaining about other users and users complaining about a vendor (not neccessarily a sponsor). Several things seem to happen when these type of threads are created whether it be real or false or somewhere inbetween.

The threads tend to get pretty heated up and all hell breaks loose. You get the pack rats who just pile on for no reason without a clue of what is going on but just want to contribute to stir things up and run up their post count. Now you have a heated thread and in some cases personal attacks going on which is not tolerated on Driver.

You also don't know what is fact and what is fiction. In most cases there are three sides to a story but we are only hearing one side and is probably weighted in one direction.

Now we have a thread running with all this going on in which a good part of it has gone OT and probably should be deleted or thrown into the anything goes forum and what did we get out of it.

What we have is a moderators nightmare trying to cool things down and get inbetween the personal attacks. Veterans of Driver have seen this happen time and time again.

Where do we go from here folks. Kick it around. Make a good case. Keep in mind that decissions are made by what is best overall for the forum, not just a handfull who are vocal.

Play nice nice and please keep it On Topic.

Old 04-04-2007, 12:06 AM
Red Card Crew

Yeah, these threads get ugly. I've been though my fair share at maxima.org. But in the end, it's helpful. Especially if the complaint is legit and it prevents other people from getting ripped. I wasn't using my thread link as a definate example. Only as an example of the type of post that might end up there. Also, a section like this can help vendor find complains and allow them to air out their side of the story.

Here is a section that we use. I haven't seen a big flare up there for some time. http://forums.maxima.org/forumdisplay.php?f=13