G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

Poor Sponsor Feedback

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 03:24 AM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
just wish one of the admins would see this so they could give us their opinion

Old 09-15-2008, 03:45 AM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by urbnmat
While were on the subject of sponsors. Is there anyway we can get sponsors to put prices in their posts. It irratates me when i have to pm a sponsor to get a price on something that could easily be posted up. Shipping is a different story, but its almost like there is something being hidden.
I always feel the same, but having done sales at a manufacturer before, I can tell you that some name brands will cut your account off for advertising lower prices than they've allowed you to advertise (there's usually MSRP, then a percent lower that they allow them to sell at). Some even will cut your account off if you're selling on ebay.

If somebody started advertising a lower price than everyone else, other shops will have to start lowering their prices to survive, other name brands will have to start doing the same, and eventually, the products will not be worth anything. And if they have to start cutting costs, then we'll eventually see the effect in the product's quality.

Remember what happened a bit ago with body kits? Everybody had them for cheap. It went from over a thousand, to 700 to 400, then 150. Now the market is flooded, and with all of that, the quality of most of those replica kits went down too, and people just stopped buying that crap.

Ultimately, it does come down to the greedy corporations and how they just can't make enough money...

Old 09-15-2008, 12:50 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kinda stupid though dont you think? I means people can see pm for price and they will know one way or the other who is cheaper. at least give a msrp base line price or something. it pisses me off when they give you NO clue whatsoever on the pricing and i ALWAYS have to send a pm wait a few days maybe and get a pm back telling me a price that's more than what i expected. totally waste of time.

Old 09-15-2008, 01:14 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
^i Agree They Should Post At Least The Lowest They Are Able To Advertise. You Can Always Work Out A Deal After You Have A Base Price!

Old 09-15-2008, 08:46 PM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Also when they say now on sale ...how do we know they are on sale. One of the sponsors on here gave me a pretty good deal on here then another sponsor i had also pm'ed gave me a price 50 dollars cheaper for the same price. I was like wtf. I think it would bring more sales if anything. Then it would be competitive. If one company says this is the price to the sponsor then shouldn't it be the same for the other sponsor. Sounds like us as the consumer is getting the raw end of that one.

Old 09-15-2008, 08:56 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Even if they listed MSRP, it wouldn't help at all. Most likely, many of you will look at the price and get scared away, while the pricing they can offer the product for is actually much cheaper. And they usually want people to pm them for a price lower than that. It's really just easier for them to say to call or pm for prices.

BTW, I've found lower prices for some items online from a random, yet reputable site than some of the sponsors offered me. Who cares? If you feel it's a great deal, it's a great deal. If you did your homework before you purchase, than you know whether this sponsor is really hooking you up or not. And if you're in need of the part and must have it ASAP and another vendor isn't getting back to you in time, then it's ultimately your call.