G37 Coupe V36 2008+ Discussion about the G37 Coupe

Is it growing on anyone?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 10:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it growing on anyone?

At first I didn't like it, but after seeing more pictures, and realizing it was a dirty mule, I'm beginning to really like it.

Reading the reviews makes it more appetizing. It's back to top of my list for next car purchase.

I think when real pictures of it come out, people will begin to like it. The interior doesn't look like I thought it was. I thought it was going to be like the M35 inside, but it's not. Still looks good though.

Can't wait to drive one!

Old 03-21-2007, 10:46 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Same here! At first I thought it looked like an Alitma coupe....but then I seen the other pics of one cleaned up. It looks good.

Old 03-21-2007, 10:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The aftermarket will LOVE this car, since every G buyer will have to install aftermarket parts (body kits, wheels) to make it look better, unlike the current G where it looks good stock!

Old 03-21-2007, 10:58 AM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs down

I'm Sorry........I think they might have missed the mark on this one.
after seeing this:

I think I'll be keeping this one.......

Last edited by GR8TG35; 03-21-2007 at 11:01 AM.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:02 AM
The original is so unique and clean looking. No extraneous "character" lines or goofy shapes anywhere. You can't improve on perfection.

Wish I could place the body of my G onto the new chassis!

Old 03-21-2007, 11:04 AM
Banned
It's growing on me as well. I think we all simply love our coupe enough that there may have been no real chance for us to really adore it. I hated it when I first saw pictures of it last night, but I have to admit, the new one is growing on me, slowly......

Old 03-21-2007, 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by b00stedjustin
It's growing on me as well. I think we all simply love our coupe enough that there may have been no real chance for us to really adore it. I hated it when I first saw pictures of it last night, but I have to admit, the new one is growing on me, slowly......

If the '08 Coupe was the first Infiniti G Coupe ever made, we would all be drooling all over it. Improving on the first generation's looks was a tall order, and Infiniti failed to improve the looks, but the chassis and interior are much better. Oh well. The '08 Coupe looked pretty nice in the Automobile magazine test track video.

Old 03-21-2007, 11:30 AM
No, it's not growing on me. The concept car with the aggressive front end had me considering trading in my 04, but the actual car has me looking at BMW for my next ride.

Old 03-21-2007, 11:33 AM
I think a lot of the owners of current Gs are biased towards their own cars. They want the new coupe to look bad so they can keep their own car. Also the concept looked so good that we had high hopes.
The G37 looks good, and I think better than the G35. We were just hoping for more. Like gspotter said, more room for customization.
-Justin

------
http://www.***********/

Old 03-21-2007, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by Boduho
No, it's not growing on me. The concept car with the aggressive front end had me considering trading in my 04, but the actual car has me looking at BMW for my next ride.
^+1 The coupe now is very unique and does'nt blend in with othe other cars on the road. The 08 is very flamboyant looking (front end), and looks like it'll blend in with many other cars. But I would have to see it in person before making any final decisions on it...

Old 03-21-2007, 01:00 PM
Former Sponsor

its starting to grow on me now after a few new pics.. im still not sold on trading in my 05 but i may once i see it and feel that extra power.. but i guess i have to wait till august.

Old 03-21-2007, 01:18 PM
Sorry, but no. It isn't growing on me. Sure, I can appreciate the soft rounded shapes, but that is not what I want out of a 330hp sports coupe.

There are bits I like (the headlights, the hood), but there are also detail things that annoy me. Like the back. It is like they were designing this very smooth/soft/curvy car, than ran out of time and slapped the last gen trunk on it. It looks cut off and out of place to me. Plus, the tail lights look flat and almost like stuck on Nascar decals. Okay, that might be a bit of an exaggeration, but the point still is the back doesn't fit with the front.

Interestingly, I have the exact same problem with the Altima. The front is blocky with a bunch of hard angles, and the rear has lots of smooth lines -- like they were from two completely different cars.

Anyway, with the G, I think my biggest problem is there is nothing new or different about it. It has the same old 3 trapezoid lower front fascia, the S2k rockers and last gen's rear.

My main interest in this car is making a statement, and being a little different. But, it looks like an overly-safe, me-to 3 series (in that is have a very similar styles, not that they necessarially look alike). Neither one moves me in the least, and that is very high on my list -- especially for a $40k car.

Old 03-21-2007, 01:28 PM
I dont know how many of your guys were around on this site when the 05's came out but many many many people didnt like the OEM 19's in the pictures when they were released. There were countless threads about how people were going to trade them for 04 18's etc etc etc. then.. when they came out everyone saw them in person and started to like them and love them and now the stock 18's are just old... i have a gut feeling that the g37 will be disliked until they come out and everyone gets to see it in person and then it will grow on them as well.

Old 03-21-2007, 02:12 PM
^^^+1. I think once it is in dealerships, it will be a different story. I can't wait to pick one up, if no one buys them , then I can get one for a deeper discount, so that sounds good to me. Really like the 55 hp increase!!

Last edited by InfinitiFreak; 03-21-2007 at 02:52 PM.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:34 PM
The G37 will grow on everyone, especially after seeing it in person. And if first gen G35c owners still don't like it, who cares, the new car will run circles around the G35c. With a concept-like front end, the new G37 is downright sexy, and the side profile is better than the Coupe Concept or G35c.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is it growing on anyone?