Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Kinetix SSV Manifolds

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 09:28 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by 2FastG354U
I just got mine in today, I opened the box maybe 5 min ago. This plenum is so SICCKKK. I can't wait to put this on my motor. I don't give a F*uk if it adds power or not. When you see this in real life it sells its self!!
I have seen it in real life... and I did say it looks hot... I don’t think anyone would not agree. In fact, I've never heard or read anyone say anything negative about it's appearance... that has never been an issue of debate. It's performance for N/A is what people are interested in. For pure aesthetics it is a good piece (so long as you don’t lose power). Pricey for looks - but that's your call. Glad you like it. Are you doing before and after dynos?

Old 07-14-2006, 09:36 PM
Yes Tony I do. Do you not like Long tube CAI?
I'm not trying to speak for Tony but there have been many dyno proven tests that result in long ram intake seeing negative results.

But based on some of your posts - your goals seems to be more appearance than performance so it's not a real issue in that respect - you will have one bling engine compartment. Lot's of show, but your not concerned about the go... so you're fine.

Old 07-14-2006, 10:49 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts
Yes Tony I do. Do you not like Long tube CAI?
Definitly not for the test.

At least for the test, use the stock intake.

Old 07-15-2006, 09:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
I'm not trying to speak for Tony but there have been many dyno proven tests that result in long ram intake seeing negative results.

But based on some of your posts - your goals seems to be more appearance than performance so it's not a real issue in that respect - you will have one bling engine compartment. Lot's of show, but your not concerned about the go... so you're fine.
This is such a highly debated topic! I got into an argument with a member named G35TX one time about this. Injen CAI once again does not give a power loss. We dug into my350Z.com and this website and found all the dirt on both stillen and Injen CAI. Stillen CAI shows gains all through the power band. Injen CAI shows bigger gains then stillen from 5G to 6500 but no gain below 5grand.

Last edited by 2FastG354U; 07-15-2006 at 09:30 AM.
Old 07-15-2006, 12:12 PM
This is such a highly debated topic! I got into an argument with a member named G35TX one time about this. Injen CAI once again does not give a power loss. We dug into my350Z.com and this website and found all the dirt on both stillen and Injen CAI. Stillen CAI shows gains all through the power band. Injen CAI shows bigger gains then stillen from 5G to 6500 but no gain below 5grand.
Not as "highly debated" as you indicate. I have seen several dynos in person where people have decided to change out their intake based on the results. But as previously stated - you have your goals for your car and apparently have all the research you need to plan the right path for you. Have at it.

I look forward to your Kinetix SSV vs spacer dyno results... maybe all the previous exposure to that "debate" will significantly change too

BTW - you really need to be careful with who you get "into an argument" with (as stated in your post above)... G35TX is very knowledgeable about the VQ! I've seen several of your posts that debate members that have a ton of experience that you could learn from.

Old 07-15-2006, 01:01 PM
Not as "highly debated" as you indicate. I have seen several dynos in person where people have decided to change out their intake based on the results. But as previously stated - you have your goals for your car and apparently have all the research you need to plan the right path for you. Have at it.

I look forward to your Kinetix SSV vs spacer dyno results... maybe all the previous exposure to that "debate" will significantly change too

BTW - you really need to be careful with who you get "into an argument" with (as stated in your post above)... G35TX is very knowledgeable about the VQ! I've seen several of your posts that debate members that have a ton of experience that you could learn from.
Listen, don't roll your eyes at a person who is finding out the truth about a product on my expense. I am doing this for me and the members of this website. Why don't you go buy a $800 plenum and a MD spacer and do some testing. Have you ever brought any solid info to this website?? I am going FI in Feb so I am just getting things ready. I don't have to test this ssv now but I am doing it because I am interested in knowing what it can do and I know a lot of people on this website are curious as well. Did I ever say G35TX didn't know anything about G35's?? G35TX knows I respect him but you on the other hand who I have never met on this board before which I am shocked since you have over a 1,000 posts shouldn't be so vocal. I just like visual proof not talk........

Old 07-15-2006, 03:23 PM
Listen, don't roll your eyes

No, you listen hot shot... just because you and I have never exchanged correspondence prior to now doesn’t mean a damn thing. search the forums if you want to know what I have brought to the forums.

In the mean time - back off. I said numerous times you obviously have a goal and more power to you.

As far as you thinking you are on a quest for information that no one has determined, you are entirely wrong! and that's the point of my responding posts to you. But as previously stated - by all means, test to your hearts content and we will see your results.

Almost every thread I see you in you are bickering with people. Leave me out of it. Respond back if you must - but I am done with your nonsense.

Old 07-15-2006, 03:51 PM

No, you listen hot shot... just because you and I have never exchanged correspondence prior to now doesn’t mean a damn thing. search the forums if you want to know what I have brought to the forums.

In the mean time - back off. I said numerous times you obviously have a goal and more power to you.

As far as you thinking you are on a quest for information that no one has determined, you are entirely wrong! and that's the point of my responding posts to you. But as previously stated - by all means, test to your hearts content and we will see your results.

Almost every thread I see you in you are bickering with people. Leave me out of it. Respond back if you must - but I am done with your nonsense.
Ok, lets see what threads you have brought to this forum hhmmm Powder coated wheels Anodizing belt-strip-molding?... Dark window molding and handles This is my favorite GTA San Andreas LOLOL Why do you read threads like this when all you have is clear corners, overlays and a tint job. Talk to me when you drop some real money and mods on your car. Please stop embarrassing your self in this thread, maybe you should start off slow and buy a K&N filter from Auto zone

Old 07-15-2006, 08:22 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Ok, lets see what threads you have brought to this forum hhmmm Powder coated wheels Anodizing belt-strip-molding?... Dark window molding and handles This is my favorite GTA San Andreas LOLOL Why do you read threads like this when all you have is clear corners, overlays and a tint job. Talk to me when you drop some real money and mods on your car. Please stop embarrassing your self in this thread, maybe you should start off slow and buy a K&N filter from Auto zone

^^^^^ LMAO LMAO ..... Burn....

Old 07-15-2006, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by Triji
^^^^^ LMAO LMAO ..... Burn....
LOL, anyways back to the topic. Triji when are you scheduled to get dynoed? I am setting mine up for July 28th.

Old 07-16-2006, 12:12 AM
It's getting hot in here

Old 07-16-2006, 01:32 AM
It's all that BLING!!!! It makes people crazy!

Old 07-16-2006, 01:37 AM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
I've seen twinsnail's and that thing is SICK!!!! I would buy the plenum just for the looks but I am anxious to see the results.

Old 07-16-2006, 02:50 AM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
LOL, anyways back to the topic. Triji when are you scheduled to get dynoed? I am setting mine up for July 28th.

Well, I tried to get my test done on Friday and well, it did not go as planned (what ever does)...

The fukkn test got screwed... I was pissed...

I was on my way to DynoComp when I got a call from them. He said that he could tune me for 91 today but could not do the install of the SSV (which was the main reason for this day). He had all of his techs busy and had jobs from the prior day that did not get completed...

So I ended up installing the SSV myself and drove it by there in the afternoon to get it tuned for the SSV and 91 Octane...

I was kinda dissapointed with the results of the Dyno non-the less... I ended up loosing about 11-12 Rwhp and 8-10 TQ... This is however going from approx 98-100 octane to 91 octane ...

I am going back next week for some pulls w/ the same mix I had in it with the Crawford... about 1/8 tank of 91 and the rest at 101 to 1/2 a tank...

I will do some pulls with this to see if I gain that power and TQ back with the better fuel... Not the accurate test I was looking for but it will now be the best I can do... I am not going to uninstall and reinstall this stuff again... I seem to be able to feel loss of TQ and that does bug me....

It looks great in the engine bay and I just finished dremeling my engine cover to fit and that turned out frickn sweet!!... I am not sure the loss is enough to actually worry about and I can make it up with AAM, 440's, 2.87 pulleys, headers, heads, pistons, rods and cams...

I want to pull 400 - 450 out of my car before I am going to be happy...

Sorry about the "F'd" up test, I was sooo looking forward to trying to get an accurate test posted up on here....

In the End I think that she probably lost the TQ and HP due to the fact I went from a 99 octane tune to a 91 octane tune. I did not want to have to run that higher octane all the time (5.99 a gallon of 101 for 1/2 a tank get's pricey)

I am going in yet again with the same octane that I had the Crawford tuned for to see how much I make back up with the higher octane and the SSV...

I'll keep ya all posted on it....

Old 07-16-2006, 03:50 AM
Good deal man! Thanks for posting it up. Did you get sheets? AF sheet? Power?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Kinetix SSV Manifolds