Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Kinetix SSV Manifolds

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 12:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Not too sure anyone that just spend that much for one is going to cut it up for this board's curiousity.
Kinetix should be responsible for this. It could only help their product sales if the porting is top notch work.

Old 07-12-2006, 12:43 AM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Originally Posted by Triji
Ok I am also doing a controlled test with DynoComp in Scottsdale Az this Friday...

http://www.dynocomp.com/

2 pulls with the Crawford (tuned) and then install the SSV and tune... then 2 pulls...

Compared on the same day w/ the same gas on the same machine without removing the car from the dyno between the 2 intakes.

If there is anything else I need to know to make it a fair comparison please let me know as I want this to be a non biast test...
Hey art, I didnt know you got the SSV. You should have told me you wanted it I would have sold you mine pretty cheap. I have some test pipes too if your interested.

Old 07-12-2006, 01:15 AM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
Hey art, I didnt know you got the SSV. You should have told me you wanted it I would have sold you mine pretty cheap. I have some test pipes too if your interested.
Damn, didn't know you had it up for grabs.... I would taken it in a heart beat to do these tests!

I am running Kinetix Resonated Test Pipes, but thanks for the offer...

Why are you gettn rid of your SSV? did you get it tuned and dyno'd then lose power?

Old 07-12-2006, 03:07 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts
Ok I am also doing a controlled test with DynoComp in Scottsdale Az this Friday...

2 pulls with the Crawford (tuned) and then install the SSV and tune... then 2 pulls...

Compared on the same day w/ the same gas on the same machine without removing the car from the dyno between the 2 intakes.

If there is anything else I need to know to make it a fair comparison please let me know as I want this to be a non biast test...
Sorry Chad. Don't mean to hijack the thread but to answer Triji's question.

Triji,
You mentioned that you will tune it...

If you tuned with the Crawford some time ago and then you test it on Friday, your optimum tune requirements may have drifted since then...

When you install the SSV, retune and redyno all on the same day, the SSV may get an unfair advantage of having a up to date tune.

For example, If you tuned on winter gas and dyno test on summer gas, results may vary. There is also atmospheric conditions which can (& will) affect the tune even if the dyno machine applies its atmospheric correction factors.

In your case, a fair test will be a little more complicated. To be fully fair to both sides, you may want to freshen up your tune a little bit with the Crawford before starting the comparison.

...Just a thought.

Last edited by Hydrazine; 07-12-2006 at 03:20 PM.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by Hydrazine
Sorry Chad. Don't mean to hijack the thread but to answer Triji's question.

Triji,
You mentioned that you will tune it...

If you tuned with the Crawford some time ago and then you test it on Friday, your optimum tune requirements may have drifted since then...

When you install the SSV, retune and redyno all on the same day, the SSV may get an unfair advantage of having a up to date tune.

For example, If you tuned on winter gas and dyno test on summer gas, results may vary. There is also atmospheric conditions which can (& will) affect the tune even if the dyno machine applies its atmospheric correction factors.

In your case, a fair test will be a little more complicated. To be fully fair to both sides, you may want to freshen up your tune a little bit with the Crawford before starting the comparison.

...Just a thought.

Ok Cool.... I JUST got my crawford tuned on 07-07-06 so it should be pretty accurate then. I will do 2 new pulls with the Crawford on Friday then install the SSV get it tuned and do 2 pulls... I will take the higher of each 2 pulls and compare them.

I am doing this on a Dyno Dynamics which reads 10% less than a DynoJet... But all pulls will be on the Dyno Dynamics so it will be fair.

I can't wait to see the results!

(Sorry for the Hijack of the thread, I will post results in a seperate thread)

Old 07-12-2006, 10:17 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Wow! This thread has taken off like wild fire... you'd think its a new hot product - however, this has been around for quite a while. Admittedly it looks hot! And many (including me) were interested in purchasing when it first was released - but a few people did purchase and it didn’t take long to determine it just wasn’t worth it for N/A

It's just funny that all of the sudden a resurgence has happened. I guess those that say they will dyno this product will put the debate to rest. (again)

Old 07-13-2006, 12:38 AM

Lets go, i can't wait to see the results

Old 07-13-2006, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by OCG35
Wow! This thread has taken off like wild fire... you'd think its a new hot product - however, this has been around for quite a while. Admittedly it looks hot! And many (including me) were interested in purchasing when it first was released - but a few people did purchase and it didn’t take long to determine it just wasn’t worth it for N/A

It's just funny that all of the sudden a resurgence has happened. I guess those that say they will dyno this product will put the debate to rest. (again)
I just got mine in today, I opened the box maybe 5 min ago. This plenum is so SICCKKK. I can't wait to put this on my motor. I don't give a F*uk if it adds power or not. When you see this in real life it sells its self!!

Old 07-14-2006, 12:05 AM
baaaaahhhhhhllllliiiinnnnggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-14-2006, 12:31 AM
Originally Posted by 2FastG354U
I just got mine in today, I opened the box maybe 5 min ago. This plenum is so SICCKKK. I can't wait to put this on my motor. I don't give a F*uk if it adds power or not. When you see this in real life it sells its self!!

Yeah... It does look nice... But if it does not make power I will have one for sale.... I am all about the show... But it MUST also produce the GO!!!

Old 07-14-2006, 04:17 PM
I will be posting my Dyno's finding in here https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-drivetrain-forced-induction/107795-kinetix-ssv-vs-md-spacer.html. I am going to Dyno the weekend of the 28th and 29th.

Old 07-14-2006, 06:07 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts
2fastG354U,

I was just looking at your avatar. ...Do you have a long tube CAI?

Old 07-14-2006, 06:40 PM
Premier Member

2fastG354U,

good question because it looks like he might need to put up a panel to block the heat from the fan.

Old 07-14-2006, 07:58 PM
2fastG354U,

Yes Tony I do. Do you not like Long tube CAI?

Old 07-14-2006, 08:53 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by 2FastG354U
Yes Tony I do. Do you not like Long tube CAI?
actually, the CAI tube is metal and the heat from the fan increases the temperature in the tubing. it will give you lower hp numbers.

i might be wrong...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Kinetix SSV Manifolds