Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Stillen Exhaust Rumors?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 11:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stillen Exhaust Rumors?

Guys,

Who here stated that the Stillen exhaust is as heavy or heavier than stock? I read that somewhere and was just wondering if it was true? I mean, in all the reading and research I do on the exhaust, it looks like a great performer. I have seen no bad press as far as any magazines that have tested the exhaust saying that the exhaust is heavy or anything like that.

The exhaust is 100% stainless, like many, if not all of the other top shelf exhausts out there. So why would it be heavy?

Anyone chime in with info on this?

Don

Old 10-04-2006, 01:04 AM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
looks fugly anyway IMHO

i too have heard its heavy. ive heard this many times. someone said they were at stillen and even the stillen guys said it is heavy.

Old 10-04-2006, 01:07 AM
Yup ^^

Old 10-04-2006, 01:50 AM
THE BATMOBILE
i would think its lighter, but idk

STILLEN'S new exhaust for the G35 coupe is the result of months of development and testing on the G35 and 350Z. Made of 100% stainless steel, the system features dual pipes, dual mufflers and a lifetime warrantee. It makes the most power of any G35 system on the market and fits like a glove. Test results on a G35 automatic yielded 13-15 HP at 5200 and 16-18 ft/lbs at 4400 rpm. This is the first and best full cat back system available for the G35. The power and mellow tone have to be experienced to be fully appreciated. Similar in design to our industry leading 350Z system.

http://www.stillen.com/product_detail.aspx?sku=504360

Old 10-04-2006, 02:24 AM
Well, I am hearing that pretty much all true dual exhausts are heavier than stock. twice the pipes, twice the mufflers, etc. Regardless if the system is stainless steel, I have been told that stainless is denser than the material that our stock exhaust is made of anyway.

Don

Know what, I am getting the Fast Intentions exhaust....that's final.

Old 10-04-2006, 02:28 AM
Overglorified Altima
ive never heard that all true duals are heavier than stock..

Old 10-04-2006, 02:48 AM
Overglorified Altima

looks so fugly imo

Old 10-04-2006, 03:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by aHero4Eternity
doesn't look any different from stock

Old 10-04-2006, 03:33 AM
Overglorified Altima
why would you want an aftermarket exhaust that looks like stock?

stock is fugly, too. (imo)

tips are too small and muffler is gross. but thats exactly what i expect from a stock exhaust. so i dont really bother complaining about it. however, stillen is aftermarket and you dont spend that much money to look like **** (imo)

Old 10-04-2006, 04:00 AM
I really don't care about looks, the Stillen is dyno proven to give positive gains....

Why have a nice, shiny exhaust that looks great but performs and sounds like absolute $hit like some HKS and Injen exhausts do in my opinion. Some like the "burnt" tips of the HKS, but I think THAT looks like garbage...

I am more about sound and performance than "looks"....

Old 10-04-2006, 11:49 AM
Overglorified Altima
hahaha everything is "dyno" proven these days. hks has been "dyno" proven as well. same with many other exhausts.

rsr says their exhaust is proven to provide 12wph according to their dynos. fast intentions dyno proves their exhausts too.

my point is that stillen isnt the only exhaust that 'dyno' proves their exhaust system

its called marketing. of course they are going to provide dynos that show good gains because people look way too much into dynos these days (myself included sometimes) imo.

whatever, if you like the stillen then by all means get it. to each their own

Old 10-04-2006, 06:11 PM
It came from the Sport Z Exhaust Shootout they did back in their Fall 2003 issue. The stock Z catback weighed 64 lbs, Stillen weighed 74 lbs. That was the only drawback listed.

http://www.stillen.com/media_files/a...%20shootout%22

Last edited by helldorado; 10-04-2006 at 06:16 PM.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:41 PM
I am not "into" dynos either, but i am not going to buy a nice, shiny pice of polished $hit just because it looks nice.....I am NOT INTO that kind of crap either....

From the point of view, a "true dual" will yield gains over a single exhaust by default, that's just what it is....

Also, think about it, Steve Millen wouldn't put his name on some piece of $hit pipe either.....he would knowa thing or two about racing and proven gains...

Personally MY only drawback to the Fast Intentions exhaust is that it is from a small company. There are pros and cons to that too.....great customer service, but little notoriety.....

And all the "fart can" exhausts can just keep their dyno graphs no matter what they say, if it sounds like a duck and walks like a duck, then it is a duck....bottom line

Old 10-04-2006, 10:55 PM
I have the stillen and I love it. It was on the car when I bought it. As for the HKS and shiny huge exhust I have seen hanging under some cars. I don't care for them the look to blown out of proportion for me.

Old 10-04-2006, 11:00 PM
Overglorified Altima
Originally Posted by Diamond G35
I am not "into" dynos either, but i am not going to buy a nice, shiny pice of polished $hit just because it looks nice.....I am NOT INTO that kind of crap either....

From the point of view, a "true dual" will yield gains over a single exhaust by default, that's just what it is....

Also, think about it, Steve Millen wouldn't put his name on some piece of $hit pipe either.....he would knowa thing or two about racing and proven gains...

Personally MY only drawback to the Fast Intentions exhaust is that it is from a small company. There are pros and cons to that too.....great customer service, but little notoriety.....

And all the "fart can" exhausts can just keep their dyno graphs no matter what they say, if it sounds like a duck and walks like a duck, then it is a duck....bottom line
ive never heard one single negative review on the fast intentions exhaust.

looks are subjective, im just offering my opinion on the stillen exhaust. sounds are subjective too. for example, i think the stillen sounds like a duck and looks like a duck. so by your logic it must be a duck (to me at least). i guess everyone has their own "ducks." mine is the stillen, yours is hks.

and im not saying stillen doesnt have gains, but if it had the most gains im sure it would be more popular. i rarely see stillen exhausts...

whatever. if you like it then get it

just curious, what are your thoughts on the stillen engine damper?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Stillen Exhaust Rumors?