Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Impressions of Stillen Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 09:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no i have not..sorry about that ill take some this weekend and post new pics of it..its been raining alot donw here and just havent had time sorry bout that

Old 03-28-2007, 06:31 AM
aany updates yet?

Old 04-04-2007, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by UltimateGee27
Exhaust came in yesterday afternoon and installed it when i got out of work...actually i installed it at my work with a couple of my armoring guys...

First of all its a great set up. The Stillen Exhaust vs The stock set up is a no brainer.I layed both of them out on the floor next to eachother and you can clearly see the upgrade in flow. My only concern about it is the back pressure. The sound is phenominal not too loud but just deep enough to enjoy. Not loud at all on highway and sounds great at high rpms. The guys at Stillen did a wonderful job with the design, Bolts on perfect. Also my favorite design on it was the tips on the rear, the stillen logo on the end makes it look perfect because that 1/2'' sticks out the rear of the bumper and looks really classy. Install only took me about 1 1/2 hrs without a lift. I had to put my car on some jacks and work underneathe with a creeper. Performance gains however are noticeable but not OMG . On my way home after the install i ran into a fellow 07 owner on the highway....well to make a long story short lets just say i was pulling on him BARELY ,like im talking maybe a couple feet between 80-120 dont worry it was a safe environment no cars on the highway and it was only an exit or 2 for fun.

Anyways heres some pics i took during the install. I would recommend every owner to get this set up!!!
I plan on installing my Stillen exhuast this weekend. Do you have any tip or recommendations on the install? Unfortunately I don't have access to lift so I would probably place jack stands on all four. Any information is much appreciated. By the way does anyone make test pipes for this vehicle?

Old 04-04-2007, 12:09 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
very very nice sound. ill be vacationing in boynton end of this month. my bro in law works in ft lauderdale - maybe we'll see you somewhere

Old 04-04-2007, 01:03 PM
wow the car sounds incredible i mean the last video i saw of the exhaust didn't sound that good but this video makes that exhaust so much more wantable lol and i think every one wants to hear is what it sounds like at wot

Old 04-05-2007, 05:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anybody seen any more sound clips of the exhaust besides the one on the 2-post lift? I'd like to hear some after a few "break in" miles. I'd also like to hear a drive-by.

How would you compare the sound to the G35 coupe?

Old 04-11-2007, 03:01 PM
I Get Nothing But Good Things Said About The Sound And LooK Of The Exhaust...even My Dad Complimented Me On It And He Was Very Much Against It.. Regarding Tips For The Install..its Pretty Much Basic And Easy..all You Need Is 4 Jack Stands And Some Tools. I Reccomend Air Tools Just To Make It Easier. Like I Said Befor I Couldnt Be More Happier With It. Hope You All Get One On Your 07's

Old 04-11-2007, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by UltimateGee27
I Get Nothing But Good Things Said About The Sound And LooK Of The Exhaust...even My Dad Complimented Me On It And He Was Very Much Against It.. Regarding Tips For The Install..its Pretty Much Basic And Easy..all You Need Is 4 Jack Stands And Some Tools. I Reccomend Air Tools Just To Make It Easier. Like I Said Befor I Couldnt Be More Happier With It. Hope You All Get One On Your 07's
I getting nothing but thing said about my Stillen exhaust as well. Your right install was very easy. Although the mufflers where scatched and marred on the polished side, where yours in excellent condition?

Old 04-11-2007, 05:21 PM
Question

Hi guys I have a 2006 sedan 6mt and I just installed stillen generation 2 and love the sound but I absolutely don't feel any difference in power I was expecting something because they claim 21-23 extra horsepower just wondering if you guys felt a difference when you installed it