Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Stillen CAI dry filter replacement.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 05:15 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Old 02-13-2009, 07:25 PM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
^^^here we go again....

Old 02-13-2009, 07:29 PM
btw Jeff, when i pulled my upper plenum off after using the Blitz for quite somtime, it was pretty darn clean. actually cleaner than than the one i pulled off a 350Z running a K&N.

Old 02-13-2009, 07:36 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by SDGenius
btw Jeff, when i pulled my upper plenum off after using the Blitz for quite somtime, it was pretty darn clean. actually cleaner than than the one i pulled off a 350Z running a K&N.
And your point is? Dust doesn't exactly stick to the plenum, it gets sucked straight into the cylinders...

Old 02-13-2009, 07:57 PM
uhh, actully you can find alot of dirt stuck to the inside of ur plenum. my point being that out of the filters on that test done on a Supra, the Apex'i won, yes but there's not Apex aplication for the G. so who care's. it didn't put it against anything relevant to us no Stillen, JWT, Fujita, Nismo, AEM ect. hell, TopSecret uses the HKS filter... you here anything about their VQ's blowing up because of it??? he found one random article and now swears by it. i lived in Japan for 2yrs, a lot of people ran the Blitz w/o any problems. hell i did too, the only reason i changed to the R2C is because i pretty much got it for free.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:03 PM
in short the blitz; flowed, sounded, and looked better than a lot of popular setups being run.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:14 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
in short the blitz; flowed, sounded, and looked better than a lot of popular setups being run.
An open velocity stack would flow better than all setups, and sound quite mean as well. Would you recommend that instead? Stainless steel has a very finite manufacturing size limit, which is significantly larger than cellulose. If you think 1-2 hp is worth the increase in particles allowed through to the engine then that is up to you.

Old 02-14-2009, 02:40 AM
Red Card Crew

Pulling the plenum means exactly squat diddly doo doo. Get your oil analyzed and note the silicone content.

The Blitz filter flows because it's not filtering jack. NO filter would flow and do that. As mentioned.

I don't care who uses that foam HKS. Foam is the WORST (well 2nd worst to the Blitz) at filtering. Those HKS guys have the $ to rebuild their engines all the time. Do you?

I can't believe you guys rely on name. Hook, line and sinker.

Old 02-14-2009, 05:54 AM
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Pulling the plenum means exactly squat diddly doo doo. Get your oil analyzed and note the silicone content.

The Blitz filter flows because it's not filtering jack. NO filter would flow and do that. As mentioned.

I don't care who uses that foam HKS. Foam is the WORST (well 2nd worst to the Blitz) at filtering. Those HKS guys have the $ to rebuild their engines all the time. Do you? I can't believe you guys rely on name. Hook, line and sinker.
second to the blitz??? do you even read ur own random artilcs anymore??? show me one example of an HKS filter user having to rebuild... blitz??? jenarec Pepboys filter??? no??? okay then. now go go cry to all the guys w/the GReddy TT setup for using those filters. then go tell everyone about how modding & driving ur car hard will shorten ur car's lifespan from 400k to 399k. who cares??? you just post this crap cause you wanna look smart off someone elses research, just stick to keeping ur ride Wife freindly pal. now go make sure ur camber is all good cuz you don't wanna wear ur tires out at the cost of looks & handeling... anything else the "Mod Police" wanna beat to death???

Last edited by SDGenius; 02-14-2009 at 06:11 AM.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:22 AM
Originally Posted by redlude97
An open velocity stack would flow better than all setups, and sound quite mean as well. Would you recommend that instead? Stainless steel has a very finite manufacturing size limit, which is significantly larger than cellulose. If you think 1-2 hp is worth the increase in particles allowed through to the engine then that is up to you.
everone running an aftermarket filter(unless you have an R2C filter, like i do) has already made that trade off.

Old 02-15-2009, 12:09 PM
Red Card Crew

second to the blitz??? do you even read ur own random artilcs anymore??? show me one example of an HKS filter user having to rebuild... blitz??? jenarec Pepboys filter??? no??? okay then. now go go cry to all the guys w/the GReddy TT setup for using those filters. then go tell everyone about how modding & driving ur car hard will shorten ur car's lifespan from 400k to 399k. who cares??? you just post this crap cause you wanna look smart off someone elses research, just stick to keeping ur ride Wife freindly pal. now go make sure ur camber is all good cuz you don't wanna wear ur tires out at the cost of looks & handeling... anything else the "Mod Police" wanna beat to death???

The Blitz and HKS filters are flat out the worst filters out there. They couldn't even flow decent to the dry type AEM.

If you want to run a wire mesh that's way bigger than alot of the particles that will accelerate the wear on your engine, that's fine with me. Your example of "having to rebuild" makes no sense. What happened to the oil analysis suggestion? Afraid of the truth?

You think HKS is going to publish bas press on their filter? You think they actually run a motor for 100,000+? Find me a 150,000+ HKS motor.

Old 02-15-2009, 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
The Blitz and HKS filters are flat out the worst filters out there. They couldn't even flow decent to the dry type AEM. more made up statements
If you want to run a wire mesh that's way bigger than alot of the particles that will accelerate the wear on your engine, that's fine with me. Your example of "having to rebuild" makes no sense. What happened to the oil analysis suggestion? Afraid of the truth? nope, just not gonna do more research for you. there are plenty of people here to teach you things. i don't have the time. your car's weak just like ur random arguments. go learn some things on ur own then come talk to me, in the mean time keep a tight grip on Dave's nutz.

You think HKS is going to publish bas press on their filter? You think they actually run a motor for 100,000+? Find me a 150,000+ HKS motor.

Old 02-15-2009, 04:53 PM
Red Card Crew

That's what I thought. Insults and no evidence. I've done my homework. Where's your evidence that supports the Blitz or HKS.

All talk and no data. As usual. that

Old 02-15-2009, 07:37 PM
well, let's see "your" data... no? okay, enjoy your "internet-tuning correspondance course"

Old 02-15-2009, 08:25 PM
Red Card Crew

My data is the data in the link. My data is from the UOA tests that show higher silicone.

I'm not saying I've made all the right decisions here. I recently went back to a stock airbox and stock paper filter. Why? Because I wasn't convinced the K&N style oiled cotton was filtering well enough. And the test above showed the K&N was filtering better than the Blitz yes?

Search Motordyne's posts on the issue. He talked about filters recently. You want to go against his obversations also? He's been around alot more VQ35s than you and I combined by 10.

If you want to run a Blitz SS filter, go right ahead.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Stillen CAI dry filter replacement.