Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

New intake choice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 07:39 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by speedgeek
Mines actually quite warm
better get some thermal management going... better hope this new intake's heat shield works well with that "warm" engine bay...

Old 09-11-2008, 07:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PFE
Hello Speedgeek,

The tube is a unique shape that was created in our lab to maximize flow and eliminate restriction. All facets and transitions were generated with this in mind. It's a cross-linked polyethelene. We created a venturi between the filter outlet and the tube entrance. The filter will outflow all competitors over the entire lifespan.

Here is the corporate promulgation:

No Compromise Performance and Engine Protection!

R2C Performance Products introduces the highest level of performance and engine protection available to Nissan 350Z and Infiniti G35 enthusiasts.

The new, state-of-the-art, R2C Performance MaxxFlow Cold Air Intake System reduces inlet restriction by over 60% when compared to other aftermarket products. High strength, polymer construction provides the finest thermal barrier to ensure a cooler, more powerful intake air charge resulting in
increased power and throttle response.

The need to compromise flow and low restriction for engine protection is over!

The proprietary and patent pending R2C PowerFlow Filter provides the lowest restriction levels over the entire life of the filter. HLVV media technology delivers unmatched engine protection and efficiency. The PowerFlow completely eliminates the reliance on poor performing oiled cotton gauze.

#1 in Lowest Restriction over the entire life of the filter- More Horsepower and Torque and Optimum Economy!
#1 in Engine Protection- Eliminate excessive engine wear and oil breakdown
#1 in Dust Holding Ability- HLVV technology stops and holds damaging particulate from entering your engine
#1 in Initial and Cumulative Efficiency- The best filtering efficiency when new and when dust loaded
#1 in Cleanability - No hazardous cleaners or oils required! - Fast and easy, low pressure compressed air cleaning.
Lifetime warranty!

R2C Performance Products -World Class Performance Intake Systems and Filters

Great info Thanks. Did a little digging, your military history with filtration products is impressive.

http://www.uafilter.com/

As interest builds. maybe a group buy in the future?

Old 09-11-2008, 08:25 PM
PFE
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sincere thanks! Our association and commitment to our servicemen and women means a great deal to us.

Last year, we were contacted by several prominent race teams from across the motorsports spectrum in an effort to resolve the system/filter concerns they were experiencing. That was the impetus for our initial evaluation/testing of the current performance product offerings. Our goals were simple; determine what issues, if any, existed among these products and if significant problems with flow and engine protection were evident, could we design, engineer and build products that performed much better. It took months of lab work experimenting with filter media to meet or exceed our goals. I hope we can share our product developments and dedication to true performance filtration with many of the enthusiasts that post here. We're always listening to feedback and suggestions in order to provide an effective, user friendly product.

PFE

Old 09-12-2008, 12:46 PM
Received 162 Likes on 132 Posts
Still curious if it is CARB certified?

Old 09-12-2008, 01:02 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
^+1
We know it took long to crate the design and how much better it flow's, you don't need to keep posting that.

Carb Legal?
Price?

Old 09-12-2008, 02:51 PM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
it's still CARB pending and the prices very from item to item. retail for the intake system(tube+filter+shield) is $400 and for a filter(multiple apps: JWT, Stillen, K&N ect...) is $75, i think. there's always places to find gear below retail.

Old 09-12-2008, 03:02 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Found one for $329

PFE can you beat that price?
You should do a group buy...

Old 09-12-2008, 03:42 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
After reading all this about how well this filter flows, etc... my question is... is flow the biggest factor here?

Would a heatsoaked intake produce more power because it's pulling in more air at 99% efficiency than a cooler intake produce more power at 90% efficiency?

So basically, you might have the best filter element out on the market, but having an intake in the engine bay is asking for heatsoak. Does the heatshield actually do it's job or is it just there? Will this thing actually help me make more power? How about with my crappy JWT heatshield? Can I combine the two heatshields (would that even benefit me)?

Old 09-12-2008, 04:04 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
$400 for an intake..... No thanks.

Old 09-12-2008, 04:23 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by SDGenius
it's still CARB pending and the prices very from item to item. retail for the intake system(tube+filter+shield) is $400 and for a filter(multiple apps: JWT, Stillen, K&N ect...) is $75, i think. there's always places to find gear below retail.

The Maxxflow intake($329) and the JWT replacement filters($65) have been added:

http://www.importpartspro.com/airintakes1.html

R2C's other products will be added soon

Old 09-12-2008, 04:32 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
I really wanna see this on a G, someone should be a test car!

Old 09-12-2008, 05:21 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
I will be using the filter for sure... I don’t plan to get the entire intake though (I have Stillen and am happy with it)... I would give the intake tube itself a shot, but again, I'm not going to buy the whole kit just to try the tube over a z-tube - besides, my Z-Tube has thermal coating that I am satisfied reduces intake temps... As with the others here, if a test car is needed, I'll gladly compare to what I run...

But the filter is intriguing to me. Unless the fitment is crap, I’m sure I'll be happy with it.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:58 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
Hmmm... interesting...

Old 09-12-2008, 08:13 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Originally Posted by Kyle(Houston)
The Maxxflow intake($329) and the JWT replacement filters($65) have been added:

http://www.importpartspro.com/airintakes1.html

R2C's other products will be added soon
Do you have the filter's dimensions?

Old 09-12-2008, 08:25 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Do you have the filter's dimensions?
I don't off hand since I am at home getting ready to ride out Hurricane Ike.

I am sure PFE can chime in and help you out.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New intake choice