Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

NEW Motordyne Exhaust, Titanium and Dual Setups!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 09:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Hydrazine
I actually don't have prices on any of these yet. I still need to figure it all out with my fabricator.

Now, I'm definitely going into production on the Shockwave))) 2, so I will get you a price on it ASAP.

The dual VQ mufflers can go into production too but it depends on how much you guys want it. That's why I was asking about the VQ.

Do you guys want sleeper quiet? I can do it...
I'm interested in the DD sleeper quiet Dual VQ.

What I'd really like to see is a Video Clip of the VQ Dual versus the ShockWave version 2 in sound. Another thing is seeing both units installed with views from the side, back and Isometric view.

Tony can you please PM your pricing of the Dual VQ setup?

Old 11-09-2009, 09:46 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by Yosef
same here, any way we can get a deal going for people who already have the shockwave and just want to eliminate the drone? that would be great because i dont have much money right now(i'm a high school student)
Absolutely.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:48 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by davesxx01
Tony, can you fabricate your "drone killer, side branch resonator" onto the XYZ extension?
Possibly but they are going into the test pipes first.

Old 11-09-2009, 10:13 PM
Received 84 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by xXHotelCrazyXx
Supposed to rain the next couple of days Tony, wont be able to make a video in that kind of weather but as soon as it clears up ill get one made
you did it before. is it supposed to rain this weekend?

Old 11-09-2009, 10:15 PM
Received 221 Likes on 121 Posts
Originally Posted by Dsskyline
you did it before. is it supposed to rain this weekend?
It is my weekend :P 80% tomm

Old 11-09-2009, 10:20 PM
I forgot your weekday/weekend schedule. If you have time weather permitting I can help you make a vid since you have the shockwave and I have the VQ this weekend.

Is it louder than your topspeed?

Old 11-10-2009, 01:22 AM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
Here's some of the pics I took... Yes I know my mufflers are dirty and that the left tip is a little low. After adjusting the hanger on my car, everything lined up perfectly.

TDX Gamma axle back w/4" rolled tips~

Shockwave))) Prototype w/4.5" rolled tips~

Made a quick video of the exhaust. The driving wasn't very aggressive because we were mostly testing for droning, rather than the sound of the exhaust. Sorry, no revving clips, I was having some problems with my rear sway bar and was rattling. Enjoy!

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aQAAkSRcItU&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color 2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aQAAkSRcItU&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color 2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Old 11-10-2009, 01:42 AM
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
I actually don't have prices on any of these yet. I still need to figure it all out with my fabricator.

Now, I'm definitely going into production on the Shockwave))) 2, so I will get you a price on it ASAP.

The dual VQ mufflers can go into production too but it depends on how much you guys want it. That's why I was asking about the VQ.

Yes, I'll have a sleeper quiet exhaust thaaaat sounds aggressive under wot to go please

Old 11-10-2009, 01:52 AM
Banned
I have the VQ exhaust. I'm assuming Tony is talking about also making the part after the y into a muffler instead of just being a straight split......i'm thinking that with the new tip section would be a perfect dual setup.

as for the sleeper quiet....i doubt a TDX will achieve the quiet that the VQ system offers.....though it is axelback. My setup:

XYZ resonated, with VQ : louder than stock but very quiet. with it i can comfortably make a call in my car or talk to someone sitting in the car. if i floor it, it gets loud....under heavy acceleration it gets loud. its much like stock, but with a nicer tone and slightly louder.

all it needs now is resonated test pipes.

i wonder what the actual difference in performance is between the axelback vq exhaust and the shockwave.

Old 11-10-2009, 07:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man I am loving that Shockwave 2 with the rolled tips. Man I think I'm going to be addicted to exhaust parts lol.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:25 AM
Exclamation

Originally Posted by j4ever
I have the VQ exhaust. I'm assuming Tony is talking about also making the part after the y into a muffler instead of just being a straight split......i'm thinking that with the new tip section would be a perfect dual setup.

as for the sleeper quiet....i doubt a TDX will achieve the quiet that the VQ system offers.....though it is axelback. My setup:

XYZ resonated, with VQ : louder than stock but very quiet. with it i can comfortably make a call in my car or talk to someone sitting in the car. if i floor it, it gets loud....under heavy acceleration it gets loud. its much like stock, but with a nicer tone and slightly louder.

all it needs now is resonated test pipes.

i wonder what the actual difference in performance is between the axelback vq exhaust and the shockwave.

Hi Guys,

Here is the other set of prototypes I promised to post.

These are highly drone resistant, high flow, and sleeper quiet. Like stock.

What do you think? Yes, no, maybe? And of course, anything that goes into production will be a lot cleaner.

I believe Tony is refering to the Dual VQ rear section not the regular VQ rear section. Please see attached pictures provided by Tony on page 58.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:59 AM
here is a older vq video I posted somewhere in this thread months ago. The darker vid is with the straight pipe module which you can hear a little rasp the 1st one (lighter) is with the resonator module. This is with resonated test pipes.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i1DM2KZoS0c&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i1DM2KZoS0c&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Old 11-10-2009, 05:19 PM
Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

I take it that the other two previous new axle backs are going into production, correct? Is this even quieter then the two prior to these ones? Do the two previous one also completely kill drone?

Old 11-10-2009, 05:53 PM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by viceversa
Yes, I'll have a sleeper quiet exhaust thaaaat sounds aggressive under wot to go please
+1. As soon as I've got sound clips / comparo up, I'll rally the FI guys to check it out. Several of us are ready for some peace and quiet (if we don't have to give up the boost!).

Old 11-10-2009, 06:03 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by gabe3d
I take it that the other two previous new axle backs are going into production, correct? Is this even quieter then the two prior to these ones? Do the two previous one also completely kill drone?
Yes, I already have the prior ones in stock and ready to ship.

The ones in the prototype pictures are quieter and even more resistant to drone.

The two shown previously may not completely kill drone on a TDX but it will reduce it.

The two recent prototypes will reduce drone much more and also reduce the overall loudness even more.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NEW Motordyne Exhaust, Titanium and Dual Setups!