Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

XO2 Exhaust Rattle Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 01:43 AM
****defected****

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by khundkar
Whoops.. I guess you caught me.

Just remember my friend, don't look down upon people who doesn't use "authentic" items. If you are a balla, that is great, just don't put people down about the items they use. It doesn't make you look very well in a forum. There are people who drive GTR's and vipers here, yet you don't see them come in threads and say the infiniti's are ****ty cars and are "trying" to be a sports car like their cars.

I hope by now you got my sarcasm on my previous posts.
i never once said i was a "baller" you deceided to label me one...remember son your the one who started to run his mouth off in the first place. all i said is "you get what you pay for" maybe you like supporting companys that make knock-offs but i sure don't.

p.s. do you really think that i care what a fourm thinks about me?

Old 08-21-2009, 06:16 AM
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
suicidesam:

In all honesty, you're not helping in this thread at all. Saying that people are better off buying the HKS over the XO2/KCR when I'm trying to ask for any help about a rattle/cracking noise. All I've seen you do so far is taking over my thread. No offense man to each their own, but your starting to **** me off.

Old 08-21-2009, 08:20 PM
Update #2:

Since it was finally dead at work, I had a chance to get my car on a lift at my work. My master-tech helped me look for the noise and it was very hard to find it. After I told him that the intake bypass valve had broke and that the exhaust started to touch the RAS a tad bit, we starting looking at things closer. We found the left side motor mount going bad. All the rubber compound that was in it was pretty much gone somehow. It was basically metal on metal. So whenever I made a turn or hit bumpy roads, the knocking sound would be the result. My master-tech told me since my car should be under warranty, they should able to cover that part.

Does anyone know if the motor mounts are covered by the warranty? Or is that somehow a wear and tear part? I don't really beat on my car that hard. The only time I drive fast is when I'm running late for work which isn't all the time. Anyone ran into this problem before?

Sorry about the mess up on this. At least it was an exhaust problem which led to the real problem. Is there any way to not wear out the other engine motor mounts? My master-tech never seen the motor mount that bad before. I'm assuming this should be similar to the 350z set up if anything. This should only take a few hours to do right?

Old 08-21-2009, 08:32 PM
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
If the car is under warrenty, then they should be able to fix the problem. The only thing is you have the suspension and the CAI, so you have to prove it to them that those items did not affect the car. Some dealers are mod friendly, while others are quite strict about mods. I suggest you be extremely nice to the tech and their supervisors, and see what they can do for you.

Old 08-22-2009, 12:21 AM
****defected****

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. the link below should help you out with your mods

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/conten...ty-intact.html

Old 08-22-2009, 01:27 AM
Thanks for the link suicidesam.

The dealer I bought my car is mod-friendly. They install a lot Stillen products. I remembered when I installed my suspension and brought it there for an alignment, all the techs were happy to see how the car looks. Hopefully I'll have the same outcome again when I bring it there for that.

Old 08-27-2009, 11:41 PM
Update #3:

Everything was pretty much covered under the warranty. They had my car for about 2 days. The tech replaced L/S compression rod and a L/S motor mount. Then I had them adjust my passenger door since the body shop did a pretty bad job on it. It wouldn't seal properly at all. Only charged half hour on that one which wasn't that bad. So it was never the exhaust making the noise that whole time. Sounded like it was, but I guess not.

Double checked the car and everything was okay. Told them not to wash the car, but couldn't tell if they did since it was raining today. I'm so glad that pretty much everything was covered on the warranty. They told me lotta fixed up G35s go there for that kind of work. I guess they are really "mod friendly." The only time I got mad was when I was waiting for my car to be pulled up, sales kept pushing me to trade in my car for the new G convertable or X. Eh, nice but not my cup of tea at the moment. Well that's my last update unless something happens again *knocks on wood*