Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Advanced Resonance Tuning (ART Pipes)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 10:18 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
^Do you even know what Catalytic Converters do??

Test Pipes replace your stock CATs. Zero Emission filtration.

Old 05-25-2010, 11:11 PM
Received 60 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Gnightsedan
Is that a common issue with test pipes? the smell of fumes? Cuz that would be a big turn off, but I WANT THE POWER
I should change my sign in name to" high all the time"
cause the fumes ........"My god " Lord have mercy , I'm creating the "gas house effect "
I'm going to Hell!

Old 05-26-2010, 01:21 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts
Wow. I have driven for a long time with test pipes and ART pipes and I don't really notice it. On the rare occasion that I do, I don't even give a second thought to it.
Its nothing more than a subliminal recognition.

Different people = different impressions.

About the only time it became objectionable to me was on another guys 350 twin turbo Z at the race track. It was a dedicated race car. I think he was running a A/F around 10.0 with tons of black soot blasting out the rear of his exhaust. He had regular test pipes. ...And his carbon fiber rear hatch couldn't fully close. The rear hatch had a wide open gap where the exhaust fumes were rapidly flowing into the car as we were driving on the road course. We were totally sucking in the heavy, raw, turbo fumes. (Nasty black fumes for 30 minutes.) For me, that was one occasion where it actually disgusted me.

Otherwise, on a well tuned NA DE engine (with test or ART pipes)... I rarely notice it. When I do, I just recognize it as ...insignificant.

Old 05-26-2010, 01:29 AM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
For those of you complaining about the fumes: I'm assuming all of you came from either HFC or stock cats? I doubt its any different from other test pipes unless some of you previously had test pipes and are experiencing something different.

Old 05-28-2010, 10:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The June issue of Import Tuner tries to laugh these off but the pipes ended up showing big gains. Tony even makes an appearance!

Old 05-28-2010, 11:11 AM
Received 295 Likes on 183 Posts
here it is..

http://www.importtuner.com/tech/impp...ion/index.html

now.. i was reading about the intake in the first test car.. they had a cone filter and a shorter tube.. my question to tony... in the second test car.. was there just a stock airbox/intake.. ???/..

Old 05-28-2010, 11:21 AM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Skaterbasist
For those of you complaining about the fumes: I'm assuming all of you came from either HFC or stock cats? I doubt its any different from other test pipes unless some of you previously had test pipes and are experiencing something different.
This is my first time having any sort of test pipes.
After about 2 weeks with them on I def do not notice the smell as much.
In the begining I felt like the fumes were all in the cabin even with windows up
but now I only notice them when I get out or if windows down at a light.
(btw I might have a leak due to installation where Headers and ART meet)

but I still ordered the CAT XYZ accessory last week and still waiting for that to arrive.

Old 05-28-2010, 11:35 AM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
Very cool article. Now I want these even more...LOL.

Old 05-28-2010, 12:16 PM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
I told you Jayk! Lol.

Congrats on the article Tony, makes me even more proud that i have the shockwave v2/ art pipes setup!

Old 05-28-2010, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by Silencer_0
I told you Jayk! Lol.

Congrats on the article Tony, makes me even more proud that i have the shockwave v2/ art pipes setup!
after reading the article, have u ever thought of getting rid of your furookie intake and running the stock airbox.?. have u spoken to tony about it.,.? he states that certain short intake tubes and filters screw with the MAF sensor.. maybe not yours but i wonder...

alf

Old 05-28-2010, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by alfhasg35
after reading the article, have u ever thought of getting rid of your furookie intake and running the stock airbox.?. have u spoken to tony about it.,.? he states that certain short intake tubes and filters screw with the MAF sensor.. maybe not yours but i wonder..

alf
Oh i'm pretty certain that my intake is hurting my power, lol. I got it because I plan to go with the whole polished engine bay look eventually, and its a good looking intake. Though I am getting more focused on power over looks now (installing an mrev2 soon), so i'm gonna start looking into an alternative intake setup that will help with performance, and hopefully make it look good. Some thing like OCG35's setup.

I'm meeting up with Tony tomorrow, so I'll ask him about it..

Old 05-28-2010, 12:54 PM
Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts
For those that haven't read the article on the intake in the latest Import Tuner.

http://my350z.com/forum/intake-exhau...ort-tuner.html

Personally, the fumes to me is not a problem at all. I might be one of the few but I actually like the smell. It reminds me of the F1 race track. Definitely doesn't make me high or anything.

Old 05-28-2010, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by Silencer_0
Oh i'm pretty certain that my intake is hurting my power, lol. I got it because I plan to go with the whole polished engine bay look eventually, and its a good looking intake. Though I am getting more focused on power over looks now (installing an mrev2 soon), so i'm gonna start looking into an alternative intake setup that will help with performance, and hopefully make it look good. Some thing like OCG35's setup.

I'm meeting up with Tony tomorrow, so I'll ask him about it..
Oh cool. Ask him cuz I'm curious..

Old 05-28-2010, 01:25 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
that would be coolif cops say the same you did but unfortunately they will pull you over for the smell and a ref ticket to show your girl to me they arent worth the Ref ticket. i'll stick to Berk high flow cats ,unless they have a way to remove the smell of those pipes but it might be hard.
Originally Posted by gabe3d
For those that haven't read the article on the intake in the latest Import Tuner.

http://my350z.com/forum/intake-exhau...ort-tuner.html

Personally, the fumes to me is not a problem at all. I might be one of the few but I actually like the smell. It reminds me of the F1 race track. Definitely doesn't make me high or anything.

Old 05-28-2010, 01:34 PM
The way I see it, cops can already stop me for other illegal things on my car (loud exhaust, dark tint, no front plate). What's one more thing to the list? Lol. And to me, the fumes are well worth the performance you get from these pipes. You just always have to try to avoid being directly infront of a cop.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Advanced Resonance Tuning (ART Pipes)