Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Advanced Resonance Tuning (ART Pipes)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 12:46 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
So how big is the possibility that you will get a CEL with these installed?

If they don't come with new exhaust gasket's, where do you buy them?

Old 02-22-2011, 01:08 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts
The possibility of getting a CEL is LOW. Less than 1%.

The stock inlet gasket are actually really good and reusable. So use the stock gasket at the inlet.

The ART pipes come with new outlet 2.5" gaskets.

Old 02-22-2011, 11:54 AM
Alright Thanks

There is a local merchant that is selling them, so I'm to going to buy them this weekend.

Old 02-24-2011, 05:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So when making a new bung for a wideband sensor you say the best place to put it is on the section that isn't in the direct exhaust flow (the helmholtz section)? I don't want to interrupt the function of your design so if that's not the best place then where?

Old 02-24-2011, 07:02 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Put it along side existing bungs.

Old 02-25-2011, 06:20 AM
Thanks.

Old 02-25-2011, 04:47 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Bump for tony ,I and the other few ART pipe owners can vouch for Tony here, he created a real Suround sound system with horsepower for your Rides love them ART pipes.

Old 03-01-2011, 11:38 AM
I have a Fast Intentions cat back with Fast Intentions resonated test pipes and Strup headers. Your saying with your sales pitch that your ART test pipes will make my the sound of my exhaust at a lower decibel and with less rasp and drone while increasing low end tq and hp than the current setup that I have? Anyone have my setup with an opinion and/or video? I saw other videos on here but I don't think they have the same setup as I do. Thanks for your time and I appreciate the great business your running Tony.

Old 03-01-2011, 11:43 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Would you like to do a same day pre/post dyno comparison?

Old 03-02-2011, 02:32 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by WINTERDEVILG35
I have a Fast Intentions cat back with Fast Intentions resonated test pipes and Strup headers. Your saying with your sales pitch that your ART test pipes will make my the sound of my exhaust at a lower decibel and with less rasp and drone while increasing low end tq and hp than the current setup that I have? Anyone have my setup with an opinion and/or video? I saw other videos on here but I don't think they have the same setup as I do. Thanks for your time and I appreciate the great business your running Tony.
i dont think anyone will have your exact setup FI exhaust and TPs with after market headers and vortech. However i went from FI exhaust and FI HFC to ART pipes and my whole setup is a little quieter but seems similar at WOT. The drone went down a little too but it's still there (i never had rasp, stock headers). and FI TP are louder than FI HFC. hope it helps. i have vids but my camera is awful at recording sound so its useless.

Old 03-02-2011, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by BonBG35
i dont think anyone will have your exact setup FI exhaust and TPs with after market headers and vortech. However i went from FI exhaust and FI HFC to ART pipes and my whole setup is a little quieter but seems similar at WOT. The drone went down a little too but it's still there (i never had rasp, stock headers). and FI TP are louder than FI HFC. hope it helps. i have vids but my camera is awful at recording sound so its useless.
Your input is much appreciated. I'm now sure that the sound will be more quiet but it's still up in the air if the drone/rasp will dampen. It's inevitable with my type of setup to have some rasp/drone but to minimalize it is my mission.

For Tony I would do the dyno pre/post comparision but I don't have the funds as of this moment to pay for the gas to the nearest dyno (which is National Speed in Wilmington,NC 2/3 hours away) nor to run on the dyno. I'm very interested in this mod but there are still small things here and there I have to accomplish first with my car before I spend a few hundred on new test pipes.

If anyone else has any input toward my situation please feel free to post on this thread of PM me. Thanks.

Old 03-02-2011, 11:36 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Although I havn't tested them with a Vortec, my educated guess is you will make gains across the board. More HP and TQ with reduced drone and rasp.

Old 03-02-2011, 12:39 PM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
Originally Posted by WINTERDEVILG35
If anyone else has any input toward my situation please feel free to post on this thread of PM me. Thanks.
So far every review I've read on ART pipes have indicated a reduction in both drone, and rasp on different exhaust setups. Of course, there's no way to know for sure on your specific setup until you try them out, but odds are they will do the same for you to some extent.

Old 03-06-2011, 07:37 PM
Installed my ART Pipes yesterday, with the help of a friend. Was pretty straight forward.

To me it seem like the bolts from the headers to the pipes were a little short, it seem like the nut should have cleared more of the bolt? but every thing bolted up good though.

There was a screw on the drivers side, that holds a heat shield, that was really close to the canister. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't puncture it but I didn't want take the chance. So my friend bent it to the side a little with a flat head and hammer.

Car is running good. A little smoke when taking off from a light, should go away. I do hear a hiss, but it doesn't really bother me.
No CEL! (Knocks on wood) lol
Feel a good power gain. My car is stock, only have pop charger and ztube.

Old 03-06-2011, 09:28 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by Javi04

There was a screw on the drivers side, that holds a heat shield, that was really close to the canister. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't puncture it but I didn't want take the chance. So my friend bent it to the side a little with a flat head and hammer.
Its a stud. Its supposed to be trimmed off. Did you get the instructions with your ART pipes? It shows a picture of it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Advanced Resonance Tuning (ART Pipes)