Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Advanced Resonance Tuning (ART Pipes)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 09:25 PM
Received 60 Likes on 39 Posts
The only problem for me is that the resonator chambers are too low I'm constantly scraping them hitting them and breaking them

Old 02-06-2011, 09:48 PM
I am on my second engine and I'm still dealing with the constant smell of oil from the exhaust. Is there anyone else out there that's dealing with the oil smell

Old 02-07-2011, 12:49 PM
Received 187 Likes on 140 Posts
^ unfortunately that smell is the price of admission.

Old 02-07-2011, 01:14 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Ive had my ART pipes for a about 9 days now and i smoke just abit every now and then ,i see a Trail of white smoke soonest i leave the stop or the light =( Tony said wait around 1k miles for the oils on the Art pipes to burn off, but the smell is still there unfortunately, but its aight..
Originally Posted by butkiss1
I am on my second engine and I'm still dealing with the constant smell of oil from the exhaust. Is there anyone else out there that's dealing with the oil smell

Old 02-07-2011, 01:16 PM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
No smoke or CEL for me.

Old 02-07-2011, 07:28 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
are there any diy on these?

Old 02-08-2011, 07:54 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by juan350gt
Ive had my ART pipes for a about 9 days now and i smoke just abit every now and then ,i see a Trail of white smoke soonest i leave the stop or the light =( Tony said wait around 1k miles for the oils on the Art pipes to burn off, but the smell is still there unfortunately, but its aight..
If the smoke doesn't go away you may have a slight case of oil consumption.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:15 PM
I sure hope not lol, i haven't had any signs of oil consumption since i use synthetic engine oil i usually have to add 1 quart after 3k which is normal but the smoke has faded slowly i use to see lotsof white smoke now i only see small trails than the past few days.
Originally Posted by Hydrazine
If the smoke doesn't go away you may have a slight case of oil consumption.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:16 PM
Every since I've owned this car it's always been about oil consumption issues I'm ready to upgrade to the G37 and the hr motor. the de motor has been really good to me ill always have love for it in my heart .But the smell of the oil flashes me back to high school and my bug

Old 02-09-2011, 01:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
im a noob to my g35 and was looking to upgrade a little bit. is this a good noob mod? im not looking to go all out with my g35...just upgrade the sound and the speed just a little bit

Old 02-09-2011, 02:25 AM
Originally Posted by Mikey_i21
im a noob to my g35 and was looking to upgrade a little bit. is this a good noob mod? im not looking to go all out with my g35...just upgrade the sound and the speed just a little bit
Nope . this mod will slow you down, save your cash & invest in a Vortec supercharger

I've spent $$$$$$$$$$$ on All the bolt-ons & I still cant touch the 300HP mark.

Save time, save headaches ,get the sleep & peace of mind.

I've lost YEARS of my life all because STRESS related to modding of my G!!!!

Go big my son .....go big

Old 02-09-2011, 02:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hahah man i wish i could afford to turbo my G. i guess im not gonna mess with the engine until i save up enough cash for it. thanks for the reply though dude much appreciated

Old 02-09-2011, 08:49 AM
Received 162 Likes on 116 Posts
Butkiss1: What happened bud, I remember when I bought your sport suspension you were so enthusiastic about your G! I'm sure the love will come back around, you're prolly just upset for not getting the results you wanted from your latest round of mods or something... i hope

Back to OP's Subjuect: To the ones running the ART pipes - How bad is the ART smell after 1,000 miles break-in period? Some say it's really bad some say it's not that bad/you get used to it. Is it recommended for daily driving? I'm second doubting that since I don't want to inconvenience my co-workers and attract cops... i've tried to find someone in South Florida that has them so I can check in person but haven't been able to find anyone....it would also be nice to hear in person the "harmonic" sounds that MD describes... even though that by ppl's description it just sounds like another term to describe this item making the exhaust note quieter....

Old 02-09-2011, 12:13 PM
The ART pipes are good in power and deep sound, now as far as Smell,its smells horrible like burning oil and smokes up abit the 1st few day since they use oils to help bent the pipes while making them and to avoid being rusted while sitting.The smell should fade away not completely but it mellows down after 1k or 1500miles..but which test pipe set up doesn't smell the 1st time? non they all smell bro so don't worry.
Originally Posted by ConradoR
Butkiss1: What happened bud, I remember when I bought your sport suspension you were so enthusiastic about your G! I'm sure the love will come back around, you're prolly just upset for not getting the results you wanted from your latest round of mods or something... i hope

Back to OP's Subjuect: To the ones running the ART pipes - How bad is the ART smell after 1,000 miles break-in period? Some say it's really bad some say it's not that bad/you get used to it. Is it recommended for daily driving? I'm second doubting that since I don't want to inconvenience my co-workers and attract cops... i've tried to find someone in South Florida that has them so I can check in person but haven't been able to find anyone....it would also be nice to hear in person the "harmonic" sounds that MD describes... even though that by ppl's description it just sounds like another term to describe this item making the exhaust note quieter....

Old 02-09-2011, 12:54 PM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
Originally Posted by butkiss1
Nope . this mod will slow you down, save your cash & invest in a Vortec supercharger

I've spent $$$$$$$$$$$ on All the bolt-ons & I still cant touch the 300HP mark.

Save time, save headaches ,get the sleep & peace of mind.

I've lost YEARS of my life all because STRESS related to modding of my G!!!!

Go big my son .....go big
I know you're upset with all the crap that's happened to your car, but I sure hope you're being sarcastic about this mod slowing down the car and that having a vortech, or FI in general, will give you peace of mind over bolt-ons.

While I agree that going with a vortech is a cheap way to make a lot of power, the risk of you blowing your engine with it is far more greater than just staying with bolt-ons.

Originally Posted by ConradoR

My car smells like exhaust fumes just like all car's with test pipes do, not like burning oil. Honestly, it's impossible to tell you whether the fumes will bother you or not. Like you said, some people can handle it, others can't. It just depends on the person. I DD my car with the windows open all the time. You can smell it if you're sitting at a light or in traffic, but it's really not that bad. You can't smell it if your windows are closed. No one who's ever been in my car has mentioned the smell.

From the outside, the smell is pretty bad, or so my friends who drive behind me tell me lol. No problems with the law so far though, and I've had cops in car's and motorcycles behind me. Obviously you take it easy on the throttle when a cop is near.

As for the harmonic sound, that's really difficult to describe. The best way I could think of describing it was that it "mellows" it out. I know that's not much help lol.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Advanced Resonance Tuning (ART Pipes)