Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

R2C Intake - Redesigned

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 10:59 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
R2C Intake - Redesigned

Well I have been corresponding with R2C for quite a few months now on the redesign of the single 350z/g35 intake. They have discontinued use of the plastic "square tube" and designed a round aluminum tube. While there for some dyno sessions, the round tube produced 10whp more on the dyno vs the old. Even the engineers were a bit baffled, but the numbers are what they are. I'm still awaiting for the arrival of my tube and can't wait. The intakes have been officially released and ready for immediate purchase. Available in polished finish and also the best option in my opinion, black nickel. Black powder will be available in the near future.

Run# 1 & 2 are round aluminum tube and run# 3 is the plastic square tube. The difference could also be felt from the drive back to the shop from the dyno.

I am still trying to get them to work out a price for just the tube for those that already have the intake and want to upgrade.

Old 08-04-2011, 11:27 PM
Received 71 Likes on 68 Posts
so does that mean i can send the plastic one back and get the round tube?

Old 08-04-2011, 11:38 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
No bro, they will only be selling the round tube at this time. I don't see how a trade in would benefit the company as these kits have been out for years. What would they possibly do with a used intake tube?

Old 08-05-2011, 03:47 AM
Received 181 Likes on 150 Posts
I gotta get me one of these!

Old 08-05-2011, 08:21 AM
Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
I've had an R2C intake for a while now, but I'm not sure what you're referring to with a "plastic square tube." Are you talking about the tube that goes to the filter (i.e., a Z-tube)?

Old 08-05-2011, 11:29 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Yes, it is made of plastic and square mid-section.

Old 08-05-2011, 11:55 AM
Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Ah, I only bought the filter part of the intake. Never got the tube it comes with as well. I'm using a Z-tube with it. Never knew it originally came with a square tube, lol

Old 08-05-2011, 11:59 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Well I just talked to R2C and they will sell only the tube. Tube is designed to work with current kit and old maxxflow kit.

Polished G Tube available now. Other finish options in near future.

Last edited by Tunerz_Store; 08-05-2011 at 12:47 PM.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:20 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
i dont get it. but all intakes are a round design. wats different about this new one? looks like they took a step backwards by making the first one some squarish tube?

Old 08-05-2011, 04:28 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
I will let the picture speak....Here is my old r2c intake tube.

The mid section of the old tube is "SQUARE" to allow for more cross section on the inside. The old design made more horsepower than OEM, but the new design makes even more.

Old 08-06-2011, 12:21 AM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Hybrid_DET
Well I have been corresponding with R2C for quite a few months now on the redesign of the single 350z/g35 intake. They have discontinued use of the plastic "square tube" and designed a round aluminum tube. While there for some dyno sessions, the round tube produced 10whp more on the dyno vs the old. Even the engineers were a bit baffled, but the numbers are what they are. I'm still awaiting for the arrival of my tube and can't wait. The intakes have been officially released and ready for immediate purchase. Available in polished finish and also the best option in my opinion, black nickel. Black powder will be available in the near future.

Run# 1 & 2 are round aluminum tube and run# 3 is the plastic square tube. The difference could also be felt from the drive back to the shop from the dyno.

I am still trying to get them to work out a price for just the tube for those that already have the intake and want to upgrade.
How much are they?

Old 08-06-2011, 12:23 AM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be a jerk, but what exactly sets this intake apart from any other POP style intake? It looks just like everything else out there. A metal conductive intake pipe that's going to heat badly and a filter exposed to underhood air temp.Going off the power claims, I have a hard time believing this intake making well over 10whp/wtq more than stock. Too bad no one has done an independent dyno test with this intake.

Old 08-06-2011, 12:31 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Well Dave, the dyno was done on my car while I was there. I have no reason to to make up anything. There were 4-5 runs with old setup and 4-5 runs with new setup. The other intakes on the market can't hold a candle to the filtration provided by this intake. Comparing metal to plastic obviously in this case the metal tube came out on top. So the argument about heat just doesn't fly anymore, they had done testing where they heated up the metal tubes well above any normal temperature and it didn't effect the outcome. R2C is a very small part of what they really do, which is make filters for government vehicles. They are also huge into dirt track series, which they make filters for as well. I have seen the media that other brands use for filters and the media they use for the filters.

http://www.r2cperformance.com/

http://greenleesfilter.com/

Old 08-06-2011, 12:35 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by SILVERAZG35
How much are they?
$90.00 for polished tubed. Which is cheaper than the OEM Z tube.

Old 08-06-2011, 12:26 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Hybrid_DET
Well Dave, the dyno was done on my car while I was there. I have no reason to to make up anything. There were 4-5 runs with old setup and 4-5 runs with new setup. The other intakes on the market can't hold a candle to the filtration provided by this intake. Comparing metal to plastic obviously in this case the metal tube came out on top. So the argument about heat just doesn't fly anymore, they had done testing where they heated up the metal tubes well above any normal temperature and it didn't effect the outcome. R2C is a very small part of what they really do, which is make filters for government vehicles. They are also huge into dirt track series, which they make filters for as well. I have seen the media that other brands use for filters and the media they use for the filters.
I'm not saying you're making anything up, but why doesn't RC have before and after dynos of their intakes vs stock? In Rob's stickied intake test, RC told him that independent dynos had been done for their intake, yet they wouldn't provide him with the data. I for one have yet to see a before and after dyno. And like I said before, what exactly seperates this intake from any other filter on a stick out there? Metal tubes will most definitely heat soak and raise intake temps. This can't be measured from the MAF because the MAF is upstream and there are no sensors downstream. I'm not terribly concerned about filtration as I replace my filter every year. I've had serviceable dry filter before and they eventually clog/break down. There's only so much that an air gun can do at pushing out debris from the media. It's inevitable that dust/debris gets logded in the media.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: R2C Intake - Redesigned