Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Bosal '06x Sedan Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 08:10 PM
Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts
Bosal '06x Sedan Exhaust?

Hey all,
I have too many expenses and hobbies to dump a ton of $$ on an axle back. That being said, I have seen a Bosal exhaust on RockAuto for a much more reasonable price. Anyone have opinions on it? How's it sound and fit?

Old 12-31-2013, 08:31 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
I don't see why you would replace your stock exhaust with this. It's nothing more than a aftermarket OEM exhaust. And not that cheap either.

There would be no performance advantage to doing it.

Old 12-31-2013, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by Texasscout
I don't see why you would replace your stock exhaust with this. It's nothing more than a aftermarket OEM exhaust. And not that cheap either.

There would be no performance advantage to doing it.
Well, the car has 90K hard-earned miles in the Northeast, with lots of road salt over the years. The flanges between the mid-pipe and muffler are disappearing and it's starting to get a few rot holes, so it needs to be replaced. I wasn't really looking for a performance advantage - just don't want it to be quieter than OEM.

The Bosal was only $120 for the muffler on Rockauto, which is way cheaper than the $400+ for the Tanabe, or $600 for the HKS. I'm looking for a direct bolt-on because I'm a DIY guy, and work on my car in my driveway - no access to a lift or a shop that I really trust to work on my car.

Old 12-31-2013, 11:55 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Got it. I have 128K on mine, but they don't salt the roads and I don't take her to the beach.

The Tanabe or HKS are both made of solid stainless steel however. My HKS axle back has lasted well.

Old 02-02-2014, 06:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm in the same boat as Fixer and was really considering the Bosal mid pipe but also wanted to hear if anyone has put one on. How has it lasted and how does it sound? Thanks

Old 02-02-2014, 10:04 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I also need a new catback. I actually spoke to my friend who works for infiniti and he recommends that I get the bosal entire catback over oem because of the price.

Old 02-03-2014, 08:21 AM
Yeah, I think Bosal is the way to go. The muffler has a lifetime warranty and the mid pipe has a 2 year, not sure about the y-pipe though. My Partsgeek cart has Bosal y-pipe, mid pipe, muffler and all gaskets for $316.65 with free shipping. I think I'll be ordering it and will update with install and sound results.

Old 02-03-2014, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by moradar
Yeah, I think Bosal is the way to go. The muffler has a lifetime warranty and the mid pipe has a 2 year, not sure about the y-pipe though. My Partsgeek cart has Bosal y-pipe, mid pipe, muffler and all gaskets for $316.65 with free shipping. I think I'll be ordering it and will update with install and sound results.
That sounds good man, keep us updated! We got more snow today, and there's more coming, so I won't be wrenching on my car any time soon. I scored a coupe midpipe from a guy parting out a low-mileage car so I plan to install that along with the Bosal muffler. Hopefully the Bosal sounds similar to stock...I don't want it too quiet, or too ricey.

Old 02-03-2014, 01:49 PM
Absolutely. There is actually a coupe mid pipe on eBay right now at a ridiculous price....$225?!! I've been denied my best offers and he's not budging....hence me going with Bosal.

I actually just read somewhere where someone complained that the Bosal muffler was more restrictive than stock and sounded like a jet on WOT. But that's the only complaint I've seen so far.

Old 03-02-2014, 10:58 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Absolutely. There is actually a coupe mid pipe on eBay right now at a ridiculous price....$225?!! I've been denied my best offers and he's not budging....hence me going with Bosal.

I actually just read somewhere where someone complained that the Bosal muffler was more restrictive than stock and sounded like a jet on WOT. But that's the only complaint I've seen so far.
In case anyone else is looking at this thread, z1motorsports usually has the coupe mid pipes in stock. Got mine for $60 bucks, forget what shipping was but it wasnt bad.

http://www.z1motorsports.com/350_g35...th=643_645_836

Old 03-03-2014, 12:26 AM
Just went to link and not sure how you got it for $60? The drop down indicates that the coupe mid is an additional $40 on top of the $60. I'll have to call them tomorrow either way just to verify if have them in stock. Thx for sharing.

Old 03-04-2014, 09:15 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Does anyone have the bosal installed yet. I would like to see how it looks and sounds. Coupe midpipe would work but the you would have to find a y pipe and rear muffler.

Old 06-22-2014, 03:34 PM
I got the Bosal coupe mid pipe and Bosal sedan muffler installed a couple months ago. It's not that loud but it does resonate a lot. Can't really say that I like it and can't say I don't.....sorry for the lame answer.

Originally Posted by seddon
Does anyone have the bosal installed yet. I would like to see how it looks and sounds. Coupe midpipe would work but the you would have to find a y pipe and rear muffler.

Old 06-23-2014, 04:47 PM
I got the Bosal coupe mid pipe and Bosal sedan muffler installed a couple months ago. It's not that loud but it does resonate a lot. Can't really say that I like it and can't say I don't.....sorry for the lame answer.
Thanx for the update! Where do you notice the drone most - at highway speeds, or around-town cruising? What RPM range is the worst?

Old 07-30-2015, 12:52 AM
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
I just ordered a Bosal exhaust today. It was very affordable after the $ exchange and shipping. Even cheaper than what my dealer was asking. Not looking for performance, just to replace the oem exhaust with an affordable product. I paid $147.00 Canadian after exchange rate. I might get hit with Can. taxes but still more affordable than what my Dealer is asking. I saved at least $200.00. I have cut back on buy on line cause of the $ exchange rates but sometimes it does work out.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bosal '06x Sedan Exhaust?