Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

building an exhaust.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 01:15 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by livinglegend
Jeff92se- Can anyone attest to the quality of the magna flow xpipe? I've had good luck with their products in the past but the xpipe looks like it's just stamp steel stuck together.
My opinion of the Magnflow x-pipe, every exhaust system should have one to blend the sound/volume from each bank. So legend, you installed the x-pipe and resonators is the sound to your liking? If it's too loud I'd replace the knockoff mufflers with a pair of Magnflows 2.50" inside diameter mufflers and reuse the tips you currently have, that should tone it down a lot.
Gary

Old 04-10-2014, 01:29 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
The X pipe was a gigantic difference. It really smoothed out the power band and it feels a lot better. I still don't have the back pressure I used to but that's to be expected. Personally I love the way it sounds. Going from and H to an X pipe really cleans up the exhaust note and brings back that VQ sound. It is still quite loud but now that it actually sounds good I don't have a problem with it. The resonators cut down on the drone quite a bit and unless you load up the engine under 2k rpm it's very tolerable. But I've always liked loud cars so my opinion is a little biased. I probably won't bother with mufflers but if I do I'm going to use dynomax VT series mufflers. Magna flow sounds nice but ironically I like it on everything except the G. I'm a big fan of the higher toned European exhaust note and magna flow always seems to give a deeper sound. Not that's that's a bad thing.

But tomorrow I'll get a video up and let you guys be the judge

Old 10-14-2014, 12:26 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

WOW I completely forgot about this thread and never updated it once our work season started. Here is a link to the youtube video I just put up. I took this video earlier today because I lost the last video I took. The resonators have broken in and the HKS knockoff cans have since gotten worse, but to recap. This video is with Megan longtubes, non-resonated xpipe, vibrant perf core resonators, and the knock off hks's. Its definitely a different sound, and sounds much different inside the car. Hopefully in the next week here I will FINALLY be removing those ratty cans in favor of some real mufflers. If and when that happens I will be sure to get a new video up asap.

I apologize again for the ...6 month... delay on this video. There is some faint rattling/vibrating in the video caused by the zip-ties I used as a safety tether on the camera. sorry 'bout that.

Old 10-14-2014, 12:54 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by jerseytaylor
still waiting for a video of someone with an authentic HKS and a magnaflow x pipe..gary did you happen to have a video?? id love to get rid of that annoying hiss that seems to appear once in a while
Jersey, vids are only as good as the WallMart recorders used...you need to hear systems in person. Attend meets and talk to members, someone in your area must have authentic HKS/X-PIPE combination. I love just going 30 mph listening to the sweet sound of SLICKS exhaust shifting below 2K rpm, it's like beautiful music! Illegal as hell with my FI HFCs here in CA., I don't give a rats azz!
Gary