Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

MREV: BEST THING EVER, a MUST for 05 6MT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 10:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What was your total cost for everything?

After hearing a lot obout the MREV I think that I might buy! After looking at the website I am a bit confused about what package and accessories to get. Can you guys give me some advice?

Last edited by perfectmax; 01-01-2006 at 10:36 PM.
Old 01-01-2006, 10:48 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by perfectmax
What was your total cost for everything?

After hearing a lot obout the MREV I think that I might buy! After looking at the website I am a bit confused about what package and accessories to get. Can you guys give me some advice?
Essentially, you need only make 2 decisions. First, you need to decide whether you want either the Iso Thermal MREV or the Copper Iso Thermal MREV. With the Iso Thermal MREV, a Coolant Control Valve is used to heat the Throttle Body when the outdoor temps are below 55 degrees F. It's a simple task of turning the CCV on and off with a flathead screwdriver. With Copper Iso Thermal MREV, a copper heating plate is used. In this set-up, you just install the part and forget it. You never need to manage it ever again.

Second and finally, you can decide on whether you want the MREV Plus, which is a "Modified" lower collector in lieu of the "Standard" lower collector, which is already a component of the above 2 previously mentioned MREV kits. This "Modified" lower collector, if you choose to opt for, will replace the "Standard" lower collector.

Have fun deciding and more importantly . . . Have fun installing the MREV and have a Blast driving it.

Old 01-02-2006, 01:18 AM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Does the MREV affect the warranty at all?

Old 01-02-2006, 01:41 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Technically any mod can void warranty as long as they can prove it caused the damage. I know that the plenum spacers could easily be covered up because it looks so close to stock. However, I'm not too sure about how "stock" the MREV Plus looks. Honestly though, if the tech wanted to be an a$$ he will find out about it. So.. just go for it

Old 01-02-2006, 02:22 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by tspree15
Does the MREV affect the warranty at all?
To put it simply . . . A K&N filter coupled with a Z Tube could potentially cause you many warranty problems.

Old 01-02-2006, 02:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by andy2434
a Coolant Control Valve is used to heat the Throttle Body when the outdoor temps are below 55 degrees F. It's a simple task of turning the CCV on and off with a flathead screwdriver. With Copper Iso Thermal MREV, a copper heating plate is used. In this set-up, you just install the part and forget it. You never need to manage it ever again.
or you can be lazy and just leave it opened/closed and change it whenever you remember ^_^

Old 01-02-2006, 10:16 AM
Essentially, you need only make 2 decisions. First, you need to decide whether you want either the Iso Thermal MREV or the Copper Iso Thermal MREV. With the Iso Thermal MREV, a Coolant Control Valve is used to heat the Throttle Body when the outdoor temps are below 55 degrees F. It's a simple task of turning the CCV on and off with a flathead screwdriver. With Copper Iso Thermal MREV, a copper heating plate is used. In this set-up, you just install the part and forget it. You never need to manage it ever again.

Second and finally, you can decide on whether you want the MREV Plus, which is a "Modified" lower collector in lieu of the "Standard" lower collector, which is already a component of the above 2 previously mentioned MREV kits. This "Modified" lower collector, if you choose to opt for, will replace the "Standard" lower collector.

Have fun deciding and more importantly . . . Have fun installing the MREV and have a Blast driving it.
I live in PA where the weather fluctuates quite a bit. I guess that I would want to get the Copper Iso Thermal MREV for $537, right? Would I need to get any accessories with this?

Thank you for your help!

Old 01-02-2006, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by perfectmax
I live in PA where the weather fluctuates quite a bit. I guess that I would want to get the Copper Iso Thermal MREV for $537, right? Would I need to get any accessories with this?

Thank you for your help!
Perfectmax,

Yes, that is the kit, which you should get. You do not need any accessories. Tony has done a marvelous job of packaging this mod. It comes complete with all of the components that you will need. The Copper Iso Thermal MREV kit is all you need. The only other option is the "Modified" lower collector, which is the MREV Plus option.

Hehehe . . . I am excited for you. I trust you will have a great install experience. Wait till you start you G up for the first time with the MREV. . . Listen to your car. Take it out for the first and one of many test drives. You will need to apply anti wrinkle cream on your face due the amount of ear to ear smiles, which the MREV will produce. Enjoy!

Old 01-02-2006, 11:50 AM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Can any of you guys who have installed the MREV Plus report on any MPG differences?

Thanks!

Old 01-02-2006, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by b00stindc2
Can any of you guys who have installed the MREV Plus report on any MPG differences?

Thanks!
Yes, as I have posted and others have mentioned . . . My G's post MREV mpg has gone up. I don't understand it myself. I through a feeler out there and confirmed it. After 3 full tanks of gas, I received 2 to 3 more mpg while shifting at or below the 3k mark during regular city driving. When driven spirited, I still get the original mpg. Go figure, I increased my daily driveability and increased my mpg . . . Go MREV!

LMAO . . . Now, I joke with my wife that the MREV is a fuel saving mod.

Old 01-02-2006, 03:07 PM
I dont get it.

WTF does this mod do and how. I know that you guys love it, but can i get an unbiased response from people here? It seems like a pretty steep cost for $530 that just spaces a couple of components out of the way for a cooler engine.

Also, what's the deal with this?
MREV:

The Motordyne MREV high-torque plenum mod designed specifically for the VQ "REVUP" engine. This is the engine in all 2005 MT G35's and Track/Anniversary edition 350Z's and all 2006 MT 350Z's and G35's. In addition to a throatier growl, tests show MREV adds 15+ HP and 19+ TQ at 4500 RPM. Although the peak HP is typically reduced by 2.5 HP the power band is greatly expanded. MREV is quite possibly the most effective NA engine modification available for the VQ REVUP engine.

All Motordyne plenum modifications are stealthy. When installed, most people looking at them wouldn't even know a high performance modification was there. The CNC cut spacers conform very tightly to the stock plenums complex shape for a professionally engineered look. And they have a grit blast finish that allows them blend in with the OEM sand cast plenum. The spacers are cut from 6061 T-6 aluminum and can resist any amount of thermal soak back or turbo boost.

All Motordyne products are for off road use only.

Last edited by Atooraya; 01-02-2006 at 03:12 PM.
Old 01-02-2006, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Atooraya
I dont get it.

WTF does this mod do and how. I know that you guys love it, but can i get an unbiased response from people here? It seems like a pretty steep cost for $530 that just spaces a couple of components out of the way.
To receive an "unbiased response," as you put it . . . You will need to search and study all of the MREV threads to form your own opinion. There are numerous threads here on Driver and a few over at My350Z. Here is a thread with the most dyno info available that I have seen. Put on your reading glasses.

https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-drivetrain-forced-induction/70343-2005-6mt-coupes-18whp-22-29wtq-thanks-tony-motordyne-engineering.html

Old 01-02-2006, 03:18 PM
To receive an "unbiased response," as you put it . . . You will need to search and study all of the MREV threads to form your own opinion. There are numerous threads here on Driver and a few over at My350Z. Here is a thread with the most dyno info available that I have seen. Put on your reading glasses.

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70343
i know how to search, no need to be cocky about it.

I'm sorry, but i've learned that there aren't many mods that are sold that'll add such amounts of performance to a car, and when i see that these are just spacers, it sounds very very fishy. Especially with a simple bolt on that seems like that all that's required is removing the engine cover, putting the spacers in, and bolting the cover back on.

Old 01-02-2006, 03:24 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Atooraya
I dont get it.

WTF does this mod do and how. I know that you guys love it, but can i get an unbiased response from people here? It seems like a pretty steep cost for $530 that just spaces a couple of components out of the way for a cooler engine.

Also, what's the deal with this?

Have you looked at other performance vendors' catalogs and such?

Disclaimers of this nature are quite common for FI units, Hearders, Race Pipes, HF Cats, etc.

You mod at your own risk. If you are uncomfortable in doing so . . . I would suggest getting a Z Tube and a K&N Filter. However, that may potentially void your warranty, as well.

I am, by nature, quite courteous to all queries. I rarely, if at all, get snippy with questions . . . As most have seen.

Last edited by Andy2434; 01-02-2006 at 03:27 PM.
Old 01-02-2006, 07:48 PM
Banned
i have a few questions about this thing. i'm leasing a 2006 coupe this week for 3 years. If I got this thing and then returned the car stock otherwise would it be noticeable??? ANother thing is, what effects would it have on the car if I turbocharged it? will it stay sealed???

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MREV: BEST THING EVER, a MUST for 05 6MT