Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

MREV: BEST THING EVER, a MUST for 05 6MT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 07:56 PM
Obsessive Owner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by andy2434
Have you looked at other performance vendors' catalogs and such?

Disclaimers of this nature are quite common for FI units, Hearders, Race Pipes, HF Cats, etc.

You mod at your own risk. If you are uncomfortable in doing so . . . I would suggest getting a Z Tube and a K&N Filter. However, that may potentially void your warranty, as well.

I am, by nature, quite courteous to all queries. I rarely, if at all, get snippy with questions . . . As most have seen.
Yes, Andy is probably the most relaxed and courtious of us all that ive seen on this board, along with Msedanman .

Sorry guys, I havent checked up on this thread in a couple of days, been busy. To answer some questions about the snapped bolt, it was entirely my fault. The engine was cool and I was screwing a bolt back into place. I overtorqued it and it snapped. Just make sure you use a lb-in. torque wrench. With the missing piece, it was just a fluke that it was missing. I have not seen any threads saying any pieces were missing. I called Tony right away, and he said I could continue with the install, and he even overnighted me the piece. Great service Tony!

The fact that the mod is expeneive is due to the amazing results it comes with. This is most deffinitly the most effective mod for the money I have seen. Headers also provide a great performance increase for a similar price (about 250 more on average), but the install is MUCH more involved. I greatly recommend the COPPER ISO thermal MREV PLUS. The modified lower collector will give you even more power on the top end.

You will not be dissapointed with this mod. If you live in a climate where the temp will go below 55 degrees F, you should invest in the Copper ISO thermal. The copper throttle body heater is easy to install, and will not force you to cut into hose of your engine. Good luck with future buys and installs!

Old 01-02-2006, 08:33 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by Atooraya
i know how to search, no need to be cocky about it.

I'm sorry, but i've learned that there aren't many mods that are sold that'll add such amounts of performance to a car, and when i see that these are just spacers, it sounds very very fishy. Especially with a simple bolt on that seems like that all that's required is removing the engine cover, putting the spacers in, and bolting the cover back on.
MREV is much more than just a spacer, its a totaly new lower plenum with different intake runners. This along with the spacer is what makes such a huge difference in NA performance.

There is also the Iso Thermal for thermal management of the plenum assembly. Iso Thermal doesn't add power, but it does help reduce power loss as the engine becomes hot.

And yes, most mods don't make a huge difference when NA. But MREV is probably the only exception to the general rule. Many people are literally dynoing 20 HP and 30 TQ @ 4500 RPM with significant gains across much of the RPM band.

Old 01-03-2006, 12:13 AM
Originally Posted by Atooraya
i know how to search, no need to be cocky about it.

I'm sorry, but i've learned that there aren't many mods that are sold that'll add such amounts of performance to a car, and when i see that these are just spacers, it sounds very very fishy. Especially with a simple bolt on that seems like that all that's required is removing the engine cover, putting the spacers in, and bolting the cover back on.

Nothing fishy about this mod. If you ever go onto Mustang or Camaro forums, you'll find that on the 03+ Cobras, removing the filter and air silencer will give you 15+hp and 20+lb tq, and it's almost the same with the Camaro SS.

My point being is that manufacturers do sometimes leave hp locked up due to manufacturing processes or legal restrictions. On the Z, the intake was designed as such so that they would have the necessary clearance under the hood, and because the Z got this treatment, the G did as well.

If you're a skeptic of this mod, then you should check out the grounding wires for this motor. You'll never believe that one even though it does make a difference.

Old 02-22-2006, 12:10 PM
sorry to revive an old thread, but does the spacer make much of a sound difference to the exhaust? i know it makes the engine have a deeper tone, but does it do anything for the exhaust? also, who makes some of the grounding kits?

thanx again,
chris

Old 02-22-2006, 12:12 PM
Mod Junky!
No sound difference for me

Old 02-22-2006, 02:17 PM
An Army of One...
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Will this violate the factory warranty?

Old 02-22-2006, 05:07 PM
One more question. If i get Mirev and in the future i want to get forced induction. is it going to cause a problem with mirev and forced induction?

Old 02-22-2006, 05:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Reading this makes me wish I had an 06

Last edited by Mike_Deezy; 02-22-2006 at 07:48 PM.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:04 PM
This thread/mrev sackriding is making me jealous. I have to hold off until jul.

Old 02-22-2006, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by MikeStarrG35
The MREV is designed to only work with the REVUP engine (only on 6MT cars), so it would be useless for an AT car. For the AT, I would recommend just a regular 5/16" or 1/2" spacer. I have no experience with the 5/16" spacer on an auto, but my guess is it would certainly increase induction noise.
Sorry if this was already said,

06' G35's both the AT and MT have the REVUP engine.

Old 02-22-2006, 08:14 PM
Land Development Designer
is this mod for me

I have read motordyne's website and cant see where it says that this modification can be done on a 2006 5at coupe. does anyone know if I have the right motor for this modification?

Old 02-22-2006, 08:51 PM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by marius74
Sorry if this was already said,

06' G35's both the AT and MT have the REVUP engine.
I don't have an 06, and I don't have a coupe, but according to Infiniti's website the 06 5AT is still rated at 280hp at the crank; not the revup.

Old 02-22-2006, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by Mike_Deezy
Reading this makes me wish I had an 06
You don't need an 06 - this thing works across the board.

Old 02-22-2006, 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by trey.hutcheson
I don't have an 06, and I don't have a coupe, but according to Infiniti's website the 06 5AT is still rated at 280hp at the crank; not the revup.
I thought the 05's were at 298hp and the previous years were at 290hp. Correct?

MREV is for 05+.........right?

Looks like I'll have to go for the 1/2" spacer for my '04. Can't wait

-Chris

Old 02-22-2006, 09:30 PM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by G_Spot
I thought the 05's were at 298hp and the previous years were at 290hp. Correct?

MREV is for 05+.........right?

Looks like I'll have to go for the 1/2" spacer for my '04. Can't wait

-Chris
The standard, or non-revup cars, were rated at 280(or 260 for the 03/04 sedan). In 05, the 6MT was rated at 298, but only 260 torque(coupe and sedan).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MREV: BEST THING EVER, a MUST for 05 6MT