Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

MREV: BEST THING EVER, a MUST for 05 6MT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 09:33 PM
GTT
G35 Twin Turbo
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
which one is it there are 3 packages which one are you talking about ?

-Iso Thermal MREV TM $487

-Copper Iso Thermal MREV TM $537

-MREV Plus TM - Standard lower collector with modified Intake Runners for reduced pressure drop $122

I really want to buy one

Old 02-22-2006, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by G_Spot
sorry to revive an old thread, but does the spacer make much of a sound difference to the exhaust? i know it makes the engine have a deeper tone, but does it do anything for the exhaust? also, who makes some of the grounding kits?

thanx again,
chris
more air = louder

Old 02-22-2006, 10:35 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 99atlantic
more air = louder
Not necessarily.

Old 02-23-2006, 07:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by trey.hutcheson
The standard, or non-revup cars, were rated at 280(or 260 for the 03/04 sedan). In 05, the 6MT was rated at 298, but only 260 torque(coupe and sedan).
Thanx for the clarification

-Chris

Old 02-23-2006, 12:01 PM
I might get a 5/16 spacer, but the warrenty issue is getting to me. Would the dealer not fix my car?

Old 02-23-2006, 12:10 PM
Warranty should not be an issue with regards to minor bolt on aftermarket parts like these. Warranty's - from what a couple of dealerships have told me directly - are only affected when the modifications or parts directly impact the the components covered by the warranty. so, for example, a cold air intake is not going to affect your transmission. an aftermarket muffler is not going to cause you to float a valve and trash your heads...

but you would likely have problems if you put aftermarket cams on your car, or a lightweight flywheel, etc... internals that directly impact the drivetrain.

But don't just take my word on it. best thing to do to eliviate your concerns is to call a dealership directly and talk to a service manager. tell him/her what you are planning on doing, and let them decide. or send an email to Infiniti NA. they have a pretty good customer service department that should be able to give you the final word. then when they say it's cool print that email out and put it in your glovebox!

we are a distributor for Motordyne and we're still offering shipping deals on the Motordyne products if anyone is interested. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you're interested and if you have any other questions.

Old 02-23-2006, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by partshipperdave
Warranty should not be an issue with regards to minor bolt on aftermarket parts like these. Warranty's - from what a couple of dealerships have told me directly - are only affected when the modifications or parts directly impact the the components covered by the warranty. so, for example, a cold air intake is not going to affect your transmission. an aftermarket muffler is not going to cause you to float a valve and trash your heads...

but you would likely have problems if you put aftermarket cams on your car, or a lightweight flywheel, etc... internals that directly impact the drivetrain.

But don't just take my word on it. best thing to do to eliviate your concerns is to call a dealership directly and talk to a service manager. tell him/her what you are planning on doing, and let them decide. or send an email to Infiniti NA. they have a pretty good customer service department that should be able to give you the final word. then when they say it's cool print that email out and put it in your glovebox!

we are a distributor for Motordyne and we're still offering shipping deals on the Motordyne products if anyone is interested. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you're interested and if you have any other questions.
I agree w/ you for the most part.. but honestly, coming from a service department employee and someone who is currently in a legal battle w/ a BIg time Car Man. they can literally "attempt to void your warranty for "any" modification. I kno, that the warranty doesnt say the same.. but basically if you R really that scared about it.. dont do it. Or at least be sure to remove or hide your mods as much as possible. I agree this mod is a really good deal and it seems to be well worth the money. I would have to agree if they cant see it, they probably wont notice it. Even "if" it came down to internal engine work.. usually you'd probably have to make it pretty damn obvious ur cars got something done to it or have some kinda catastrophic failure happen for them to get "curious".

case in point.. i had an intake and a blowoff valve on my srt-4 and the clutch and flywheel "exploded".. they blamed it on my intake.. the car has 3800miles on it. yeah its not right.. but for the most part, they can say what they wont when ur playin in their field...

Old 02-23-2006, 12:49 PM
anyone have infiniti's email?

Also ^^^ what that guy said scares me.

Old 02-23-2006, 12:53 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by marius74
Sorry if this was already said,

06' G35's both the AT and MT have the REVUP engine.
That's not true. The 2006 5AT G35's still have the standard motor. The REVUP engine is still 6MT G35's only in 2006. (Edit: Just like how it was in 2005.)

Last edited by EverythingG35; 02-23-2006 at 01:06 PM.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by EverythingG35
That's not true. The 2006 5AT G35's still have the standard motor. The REVUP engine is still 6MT G35's only in 2006.
i believe he's right, i just got an '05 6mt.. and i guess mine does have the Rev-up motor( i just found out what that was today, lol). All i do kno is it shows 298hp .

and to the other guy.. lol.. dont be scurred, that wasnt my intentions.. point being that it depends alot on the dealer.. and "no matter what they say" it does make a difference where you buy the car and/or have it serviced as to the way the treat you if you ever need their help! My advice.. even if u can do the oil changes urself.. it would be a good idea to take it in a couple times and let them jack u for some of ur $.. cuz down the line, if ur modding they be a lil more at liberty to look past that. But w/ that plenum, i think it would be pretty hard to point blame.. since "most likely" they wont kno its there..

Old 02-23-2006, 01:25 PM
yea I might get the 5/16 spacer or the crawford plenum. I know the 5/16 is a stealth mod so they might just miss it.

Also we can take out infiniti to any infiniti dealer for work. I have 4 of them that are under 1 hr drive from me, so I would try everyone of them lol.

Old 02-23-2006, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by SCoupe
You don't need an 06 - this thing works across the board.
There are posts saying that this will only work with the Rev-Up motor, which are in the 05 and up right?

Old 02-23-2006, 02:00 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by Mike_Deezy
There are posts saying that this will only work with the Rev-Up motor, which are in the 05 and up right?
Correct, this modification is meant specifically for 05 and 06 6MT cars.

Old 02-23-2006, 02:45 PM
Obsessive Owner
yes, this mod is made for 05 and 06 6MT.
As far as warranty goes I have not had any problems. My brought my car in for clutch work (the clutch linkage and pedal assembly needed to be replaced) and the service manager asked me what I had in my plenum (he noticed). I told him and he asked for the name of the company and ordered one for his G35.
As far as FI goes: From what I have heard this mod is awesome for FI. It allows more air to be forced into the engine, which is the focus of FI.

GTT: I will try and clarify the options for you. The first you listed is the base MREV. This is the basic 04 lower plenum with the 5/16 spacer. The second option is the Copper MREV. This provides you with the same as the basic MREV but it gives a copper plate that goes in between the throttle body and the plenum. This is highly recomended for climates where the temp can reach below 55 degrees F. If you do not go this route, then you will ahve to cut into an engine hose and install a valve that you will have to open and close in corresponadance to the temperature. It will be an easy turn of a screwdriver to turn the valve on and off, but you should ask yourself if it is worth it to have to go into your engine bya every time the temp goes below 55 degees. Again, the copper is simply a luxury if you live in a place where the temp rarely or never goes below 55. The MREV plus is an option that you can add to either the base MREV or the copper MREV. It gives a upgraded lower plenum from the 04 with machined runners to give a little extra power in the top RPMs. I got the Copper MREV Plus, and it was a breeze to install and I love it. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Old 02-23-2006, 07:28 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeStarrG35
yes, this mod is made for 05 and 06 6MT.
As far as warranty goes I have not had any problems. My brought my car in for clutch work (the clutch linkage and pedal assembly needed to be replaced) and the service manager asked me what I had in my plenum (he noticed). I told him and he asked for the name of the company and ordered one for his G35.
As far as FI goes: From what I have heard this mod is awesome for FI. It allows more air to be forced into the engine, which is the focus of FI.

GTT: I will try and clarify the options for you. The first you listed is the base MREV. This is the basic 04 lower plenum with the 5/16 spacer. The second option is the Copper MREV. This provides you with the same as the basic MREV but it gives a copper plate that goes in between the throttle body and the plenum. This is highly recomended for climates where the temp can reach below 55 degrees F. If you do not go this route, then you will ahve to cut into an engine hose and install a valve that you will have to open and close in corresponadance to the temperature. It will be an easy turn of a screwdriver to turn the valve on and off, but you should ask yourself if it is worth it to have to go into your engine bya every time the temp goes below 55 degees. Again, the copper is simply a luxury if you live in a place where the temp rarely or never goes below 55. The MREV plus is an option that you can add to either the base MREV or the copper MREV. It gives a upgraded lower plenum from the 04 with machined runners to give a little extra power in the top RPMs. I got the Copper MREV Plus, and it was a breeze to install and I love it. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

+1 . . . You have it right, Mike.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MREV: BEST THING EVER, a MUST for 05 6MT