Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

You asked for a tease.First Looks!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 04:28 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey all - we got our coupe for the test fit...thanks for the huge support!

Rick

Old 04-19-2006, 09:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ISMSOLUTIONS
Sorry man....read closer and slower...at the group buy price.

Rick
Why no free exhaust for the test G? That person's going to help you guys make money. The least you could do it leave the exhaust on after it's been fitted. Anywho, I'm not in the area so I don't care. Any eta on the group buy?

Old 04-19-2006, 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by MBentley
Why no free exhaust for the test G? That person's going to help you guys make money. The least you could do it leave the exhaust on after it's been fitted. Anywho, I'm not in the area so I don't care. Any eta on the group buy?
Sorry - DUDE - gotta read what I write...

Group buy in the next week with our sponsorship...

Old 04-19-2006, 03:19 PM
I was just kidding...but looks like we are almost at the point of production! I asked this before but can you sound test it for us cali folks? 95 db and under please.
Originally Posted by ISMSOLUTIONS
Sorry man....read closer and slower...at the group buy price.

Rick

Old 04-19-2006, 05:00 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, I have listened to the clips of the new FI catback for the Z
However, I am really curious that how did you guys (or FI) design the exhaust system that can minimize the effect of DRONING but at the same time not sacraficing performance and sound? (as an engineer, I am really curious on this..since as everyone knows, droning is a resonance phenomena and occurs at a certain rpm range)

Old 04-20-2006, 01:38 AM
Originally Posted by optimystic06
I was just kidding...but looks like we are almost at the point of production! I asked this before but can you sound test it for us cali folks? 95 db and under please.
I'll check into it...

Old 04-20-2006, 02:07 AM
Originally Posted by godmans
Well, I have listened to the clips of the new FI catback for the Z
However, I am really curious that how did you guys (or FI) design the exhaust system that can minimize the effect of DRONING but at the same time not sacraficing performance and sound? (as an engineer, I am really curious on this..since as everyone knows, droning is a resonance phenomena and occurs at a certain rpm range)
Great question! The mufflers in the system are designed by Fast Intentions and manufactured by Sebring Tuning. They utilize absorption principles in conjunction with reflection to eliminate the drone from the system. The system also incorporates a balancing system via a perforated x-pipe, which also helps to further equalize the pulses pressure as it enters the mufflers and then fires back for cancellation.

By having an extremely efficient design and large pipe diameters, and not adding other resonators to otherwise tune the system and slow the pulse, allowing the system to actually 'speak for itself', we have been able to produce something that is somewhat unique to what is otherwise available in the market.

I hope that answers your question.

Rick

Old 04-20-2006, 09:10 AM
This may have been covered before and I may be blind but...

Have yuo tested this exhaust on a car with a supercharger or turbocharger?

Old 04-20-2006, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by Sportcoupe35
This may have been covered before and I may be blind but...

Have yuo tested this exhaust on a car with a supercharger or turbocharger?
No we have not - It is going to be next to impossible to test out all scenarios - which is why nobody does this. All base run dyno's are done on stock cars. We have to leave specialized testing up to customers.

With that said however, Fast Intentions does have the capability of making custom tuned systems just for turbo and supercharged systems, as they have in the past for many cars over the years, including g's and z's.

It would never hurt to have a car tested under the circumstance though...I don't disagree. Seeing the results we have gotten from a stock car - the supercharged cars should see more gains. My car - which is not supercharged, but modded more heavily in the top-end, saw more than double the HP from the system.

Rick

Old 04-20-2006, 11:07 AM
New crisp clips...

Hey all - as promised!

New crisp clips...MUCH BETTER quality! I expect pix to be posted later today as well!

http://www.ismcentral.com/350zexhaust/

Rick

Old 04-20-2006, 03:09 PM
PICS are up now!!!

OK - now there are PICS and CLIPS - all new!

The pics on the 350Z are of the aluminized system. There are pics of the polished stainless as well as closups of welds and flanges.

Rick

Old 04-20-2006, 06:00 PM
My 2004 G35 coupe was chosen to further test the Intimidator Exhaust system. I get the car back on Saturday (4/22) at which point I'll give a full review for you guys.

I had the privilege of seeing this system first hand yesterday as I went to go drop off my ride. My initial reaciton is the following:

Honestly the entire system looks Very high-end as far as the appearance starting from the x-pipe all the way to the tips. The system flows together very well which is why we see the high gains in power as proven on the dyno test. I also like how the entire system doesn't hang too low as seen on many other systems thus reducing the chance of scratching the crap out of your new investment.

The Fast Intentions facility was very impressive as well with a very friendly and knowledgeable staff - bottom line is that these guys have years of experience and know exactly what they are doing. I can't wait to get my car back on Saturday 4/22/06 to share my review of this newly developed system.

I know there will be more pics and video available of the new exhaust system on my car as soon as they are finished.

Let me know if you guys have any questions for me since I have absolutely Nothing to do with Fast Intentions and can provide a non-biased opinion.

Last edited by Prodi_G; 04-20-2006 at 06:28 PM.
Old 04-20-2006, 06:47 PM
very kewl, someone get their sedan ready

Old 04-20-2006, 07:06 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wow the Z car sounded nice..... my wheels are turning...

Old 04-20-2006, 11:09 PM
Not really worried about horsepower loss...I think that should be fine.
As far as backpressure and stuff it should be fine though right...shouldn't mess with my supercharger right.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: You asked for a tease.First Looks!