Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

MREV+ installed on a NON REVUP engine!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 10:12 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by vodkarocket

Also, what differences would you expect in the plots if utilizing a 1/2" spacer as opposed to the 5/16"?

Thanks!
TQ gain should remain the same and HP gain at the peak may be less by one or two.

Final HP would be higher than a 5/16" spacer though.

Tony

Last edited by Hydrazine; 04-04-2006 at 11:02 PM.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:31 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Tony,
Very interested in the modified lower collector. Can you post or PM the A/F ratios associated with the graphs you had posted earlier? Would you consider sending me the Excel data? It's more my curiosity in wanting to understand this better than I currently do.

Thanks

Old 04-06-2006, 10:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hydrazine
You could certaintly dyno it if you like.
Ah, well, I wouldn't buy something without any information from the manufacturer... unless you're offering a freebie, or a try and buy?

Rick

Old 04-06-2006, 10:42 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
LMG,
It moved the A/F slightly. ~2/10th's of a point. Not much but it did.

Rikker,
I havn't dynod it with a Crawford but we can probably work something out.

Same dyno, Same day, Dont take the car off the rollers, Install it while still on the dyno and all that scientific control stuff.

Post your results here and on the Z board.

Give me a PM for more details if interested.
Tony

Old 04-06-2006, 10:45 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by S.E.
I'd like to see Hank's questions answered, i am in his position and am interested in the whole package for the most gains on my stock 03 sedan.
I am currently working on getting another dyno with even one more modification to the lower collector. I'll see if I can squeez a little more HP out of it. I will have results soon.

I can base your answer from there.

Tony

Old 04-12-2006, 12:15 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Hi Guys,

Here it is. This is a pre/post comparison of only the lower manifold with the prior Manifold Machining Process modification (shown in the first post of this thread) and the latest Manifold Machining Process where additional air flow modifcations were made.

Each line shown above represents the best pull from each set. I would have exported the data into Excel for detailed analysis but I don't yet know how to export tabular data from a Dynajet.

Absolutely nothing was changed between the pre/post dyno runs except for installing the new lower plenum. The car was not removed from the dyno and the ECU was purposfully driven into performance mode before each set.

What is interesting to see in the plot above is that the new modification shifted A/F down about a 1/4 point through most of the curve. This isn't the first time I've seen a mod make power and simultaneously make it run a little richer, but it is always interesting to see.

You will also notice the RPM's only go up to ~6100 RPM. I don't know why the dynojet was showing this, but the engine was definitly run up against the RPM limiter at ~6600 RPM.

A spacer was not included in this comparison due to time constraints, but WIRED 24/7 (a 350Z guy) will have the option to independantly test any configuration, in any order, or way he likes.

Let the independant dynos begin!

Old 04-12-2006, 12:49 AM
still waiting to see the dyno WITH the spacer =)

Old 04-12-2006, 01:16 AM
Originally Posted by Hydrazine
Hi Guys,

Here it is. This is a pre/post comparison of only the lower manifold with the prior Manifold Machining Process modification (shown in the first post of this thread) and the latest Manifold Machining Process where additional air flow modifcations were made.
Tony,

I emailed you at your info/Motordyne email address. I am seriously looking at your kit(s) in conjunction with my Crawford V5 Plenum for my 05 Coupe 5AT....I am looking forward to your responses.

I do a lot of racing so I am sure people on here will be curious to see how things work out. Thanks.

Old 04-12-2006, 09:40 AM
Impressive results from just machining the lower plenum. Just have to finish placing my order and see how it performs on my car . This should (famous last words) be the one of last mods before I do the dyno and consider a reflash.

PM sent to Hydrazine

Old 04-12-2006, 11:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tony,

Are both of these mods (spacer & MREV+) FI friendly for our Non-Rev Up engine if combined together? (I know that the Iso Thermal Spacers are).

Old 04-12-2006, 08:44 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by ATL_Red_G35
Tony,

Are both of these mods (spacer & MREV+) FI friendly for our Non-Rev Up engine if combined together? (I know that the Iso Thermal Spacers are).
Absolutely.

In fact, I think it would be reasonable to say that the gains made by this mod will be roughly proportional to the % increase of HP made from your FI.

If your baseline was for example 250 HP and FI brought it up to 500 HP, it would be reasonable to expect approximatly 2X the gains of a NA engine.

Old 04-16-2006, 09:35 PM
MORE POWER PLZ!!!
Hey tony so whats up with this mod...i wanan buy this for my 06 at? Is it up on the site yet?

Old 04-16-2006, 09:47 PM
Florida G35 Club
Originally Posted by richboy
Hey tony so whats up with this mod...i wanan buy this for my 06 at? Is it up on the site yet?

I think I am ready to pull the trigger on this mod too. Can't wait for the website to be updated with the parts and prices.

Old 04-16-2006, 09:57 PM
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member
Location: Universe.Milkyway.Solarsystem.Earth.NorthAmerica.USA.FL.Tampa
yeah i am about ready to do this as well. I am still trying to find out what the final cost is with the core swap.

AMG35 what sort of setup are you going to go with? Are you just getting the spacer?

Old 04-16-2006, 10:08 PM
Florida G35 Club
Originally Posted by Foo_G
yeah i am about ready to do this as well. I am still trying to find out what the final cost is with the core swap.

AMG35 what sort of setup are you going to go with? Are you just getting the spacer?

Foo G, I am only going to add the modified lower plenum (MREV++) as I already have a Crawford plenum installed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MREV+ installed on a NON REVUP engine!