Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

any interest in Spoiler Depot Wing in CF and FG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 01:26 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Who wants a Spoiler Depot Wing in carbon fiber and fiberglass?

For the time being this is solely a thread seeking thoughts and inputs on making a spoiler depot lip wing in carbon fiber and fiberglass. Im not selling anything and the company doing the work will sign on to be sponsored seller if the product comes to life.

The wing:

Spoiler Depot G35 Coupe 03-07 Flared Lip Wing (PN 10134) Solid Urethane.
$120 unpainted $227 painted, shipping is additional to price.

Details:

I have this wing already, I bought it roughly 6-months ago with the intention of putting it on my coupe after I did a trunk swap. Well I finally did a trunk swap this past weekend, but I've also bought a carbon fiber front lip and now I want my SD-wing in CF to match it, which doesnt exist.

I contacted a local source, they're actually a national supplier of FRP and carbon fiber body kits and they're willing to make me a CF copy of it. I'm going to keep their name out of it for now until its time for them to get more involved, but they have ads in magazines and have successfully run group-buys through Zilvia for the ever hard to please 240SX owners.

Here's what they ball-parked me. They can make the mold using my part and then make copies in FRP and carbon fiber. I have two choices, pay for the mold (which they get to keep) and then get my wing at cost or find out if there are more people interested in this wing and then they will make multiple copies in both FRP and CF and host a group buy here once they have a large enough inventory to meet suspected demand.

I know this is a well liked wing, I think every post I've seen of it here has gotten good reviews. I'm not making any money off of this deal, I'm just trying to work with a national brand to bring this product to market.

They said if we got started on production this winter the wings would be ready for an early spring release. Suspected $100 for FRP and $200-$300 depending on prefered method of CF (hand-laid, vacuum or pre-preg).

My guess is 15-20 FRP and 5-10 in CF will be made on initial run, but thats strictly my guess. These will attach using the same method as Spoiler Depot, 3M adhesive tape.

So please, if you're at interested or think this is a worthwhile product please say so. This will happen with or without you, but I think it would just be nicer if it was done with driver's support.

-Lester

Last edited by idrive_MD; 10-21-2008 at 01:16 PM.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:43 PM
anyone? any thoughts, you think this is worthwhile

it would look something like this (not the greatest picture):

Old 10-31-2008, 11:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have been looking for this wing in fiberglass all over and couldnt find it , I have someone that can make a mold also and was thinking about getting it made.

Old 10-31-2008, 11:18 AM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I know which supplier you are talking about (local to me as well) but I've always stayed away from them because I asked them maybe a year ago if I could test fit some things before I bought them and they said no.

Can you confirm the quality of their products? I may be interested if this ever comes to fruition, but frankly I am wary of the quality of the fiberglass.

Not interested in the CF version, however I would be interested if you have any impressions of their CF products because there are some other CF items from them I am interested in.

Thanks.

Old 11-02-2008, 09:18 AM
for the most part, most companies wont let you test pieces because they usuall all need some sort of prep put into them to fit properly, plus there's the risk of damage while trying to put it on. i know some of their kits might be suspect, but there service is realy good and i think their prices honestly reflects the quality of their products i have seen on other cars.

As for this wing, there's been so little interest i might just explore getting it made from a different source.

Old 11-02-2008, 09:24 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It definitely looks good colormatched. Not sure how it will look on DG but I know you won't have any problem selling it if you don't like the look. Post up the pis if you get your vendor to do the mold. G/L

Old 11-07-2008, 04:38 PM
thanks for the optimism, like i said, i will more than likely explore getting this made from another source. i could still go through the company, but i'd have to pay for everything and to make it worth it for me, invest more money into extras to sell them and make some money back.

all things consider this other source will at least show me how to do it on my own which is something i want to learn so we'll see, if there are any developments i'll keep this thread updated.

i dont suspect any news until after Jan 1, 2009

Old 11-07-2008, 04:43 PM
Make a replica Impul spoiler, I'd buy that from you in a minute.

Old 11-07-2008, 04:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im starting to miss the chargespeed

Old 11-07-2008, 04:55 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
^ i should have picked yours up when i had the chance

Old 11-07-2008, 06:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tragedycat
Make a replica Impul spoiler, I'd buy that from you in a minute.
kenrick already does

Old 11-07-2008, 06:32 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
make a replica UTR G3 spoiler

Old 11-07-2008, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by hyperlite21
kenrick already does
He charges too much for it. I can get a used authentic for a bit more. But either way it's way too much for something of that size, both replica and authentic.

Old 11-07-2008, 10:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm kinda interested in this wing but some pictures would def be welcomed.

However, if you made a Gialla spoiler replica, I'd be all over that. ;-)

Old 11-08-2008, 12:20 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 457 Likes on 237 Posts
Hey, nice pictures....OF MY CAR!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: any interest in Spoiler Depot Wing in CF and FG