Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Fender Roll Fail? Pics inside

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 03:25 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Not only did he overcharge but he overcharged and then did a ****ty job.. He should pay for damages and return money for putting you through this headache.

Old 01-23-2011, 03:26 PM
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
OP did the shop make you sign a waiver or anything prior to this ??

rolling fenders isn't something that's guaranteed to be perfect, most of the time if the shop is good at it it comes out good, but every shop I have seen here locally doing fender rolling and pulling makes you sign a waiver just in case things can go wrong.

Some of you guys in here dont seem to understand that, ask anybody who is familiar with the facts of fender rolling/pulling and they'll tell you the same thing.
And common sense alone just tells you that reforming a piece of metal that came a certain way from the factory, you really think it can be done with 0 consequences.... really ?

Old 01-23-2011, 04:28 PM
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
^Agree w/ you Adon, but if an operating business offers a service that charges a fee, then they should have the ability to stand by their work. I've never "rolled" a fender before, but if I went out, bought the equipment necessary and started charging people for my service, then I would either state the fact that I've never done it before and cannot forcast the outcome, let the customer know that their may be undesired results and verify w/ them that they want to continue (at their own risk), or take the liability should something go wrong. Either way, it requires communication w/ said customer and in this case, I just don't think the communication was there (based on OP's comments).

Old 01-23-2011, 06:43 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Adon

rolling fenders isn't something that's guaranteed to be perfect, most of the time if the shop is good at it it comes out good, but every shop I have seen here locally doing fender rolling and pulling makes you sign a waiver just in case things can go wrong.

Some of you guys in here dont seem to understand that, ask anybody who is familiar with the facts of fender rolling/pulling and they'll tell you the same thing.
And common sense alone just tells you that reforming a piece of metal that came a certain way from the factory, you really think it can be done with 0 consequences.... really ?
No waiver. Just a customer form with generic info... address, make, model, etc. then a big box with what you want done (wrote "roll fenders (rear)" and thats it). No waiver form was done.

And this was kinda what I was afraid of. That the body work like this would not be guarunteed and I'd be on my own. I will def call him tomorrow and try to find out what my options are.

So as to not scare them off I may get a friend of mine to call in first asking about the service then ask what kind of guarantees they have on the work. If they tell him the guarantee it then I can call back and ask and if they try to back out of it bring that tidbit of information up.

Will definitely start off as polite as possible tho.

Old 01-23-2011, 10:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry bro. it look worse than when i would roll a ****ty honda fender with a bat. electrical tape wont protect anything. get some touch up paint from an auto parts store as close as you can get to color.
i hate to say it but your probably going to have a hard time getting that shop to fix it but i would defiantly try

Old 01-23-2011, 10:33 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Adon

the shop that did mine for 70 for both rears didnt have me sign a waiver and guaranteed they wouldnt damage the paint.

Old 01-23-2011, 10:33 PM
The electrical tape is just temp to keep water out as much as possible until I get to the dealer to get some of the KH3 paint for OB. Then I'm thinking I'll try that and clearcoat... might see if an auto parts store has some primer as well.

Main idea is to see if they'll offer to fix it but be prepared if they wont. If nothing else there are nicks on the front bumper I can use the touch up stuff and clear coat and such on so its not a waste of cash.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:02 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
wow that sucks. I do fender rolling on the side and it's really not that hard to do. As long as you heat things up properly you're fine. I learned by watching a youtube video from Eastwood then I tried it on my car. Now my friend's shop calls me in whenever they need a fender rolled. I get to make money to spend there and I give them a kickback for the referral. BTW, $50 per fender as too much for that job.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:35 PM
Well on the plus side I did call in today just to ask some generic questions about fender rolling and do they back any issues. I wanted to make sure they didn't go all defensive right off by asking "well I had problems what do you offer to fix them?" (in a much nicer way of course.

They do guarantee their work so hopefully I can get it fixed. Will call them back tomorrow.

The good news is I went over train tracks and other spots where I had rubbing before at normal speeds and no rubbing! So at least the job did what it was supposed to do. Would have been great had I not had this issue.

Thanks for the support, help, tips guys!