Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Parked G got Hit, Need some advice...pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 10:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Parked G got Hit, Need some advice...pics

Well the pictures speak for themselves, just a few questions for you guys, any help is awesome. I got the guys info so thats not an issue.

for those of you considering getting a clear bra, it actually prevented a lot of paint damage

here are my questions:

1. how long do i have to let the paint cure before i put the clear bra on?

2. how do i know if the bumper and fender have to be replaced

3. will the insurance company pay for a rental until i can put my clear bra on?

4. will this affect my resale value?

Thanks guys

Attached Thumbnails Parked G got Hit, Need some advice...pics-kif_08490.jpg   Parked G got Hit, Need some advice...pics-kif_08500.jpg   Parked G got Hit, Need some advice...pics-kif_08550.jpg   Parked G got Hit, Need some advice...pics-kif_08620.jpg  
Old 04-19-2005, 01:47 AM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2. how do i know if the bumper and fender have to be replaced
It's difficult to tell due to the reflections but depnding on the damage of your bumper and fender. Usually body shops are just going to pull the fender if it is dented and the bumper from what i can tell doesnt look like it has been really damaged besides the surface on the paint right? If thats the case i dont think that will be replaced either.

3. will the insurance company pay for a rental until i can put my clear bra on?
The insurance company will pay for a rental depending on how many hours of labor they quote you to repair the vehicle. If you had a clear bra installed before the accident, theyre going to have to pay for a clear bra install after the accident too.

4. will this affect my resale value?

Probably not if you keep these pictures and show the buyer. But you can always tell if the car has had body work done on it. Especially on the fender because they would remove the fender and the bolts at the top would show that a wrench has been put to them.

Old 04-19-2005, 04:48 PM
estimates

ok, so i got two estimates today, one from the dealer's shop and one from a jaguar dealership shop.

the first one was for 2048.00 and the second one was for 3545.00

the dealers shop does not think i need a new bumper, where as the jaguar shop said its not worth the time to remove the clear bra so they will replace the whole thing and paint a new bumber bake it four times and then apply the clear bra...therefore there will be no down time for the clear bra

what do you guys think i should do? get the money and get the cheaper estimate or go with the whole new bumper? i think i would sleep better at night knowing the car bumper was replaced, but 1500.00 can lead to some mods (i.e exhaust and tints)

any advice is appreciated

Old 04-19-2005, 10:22 PM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
i would go with the cheaper estimate if i were you. plus some extra money in you rpocket.

what is the damage exactly on the bumper? I am still not really able to tell. It doesnt look like it is cracked. if it is not cracked it will be just fine.

Old 04-19-2005, 11:10 PM
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You shouldn't need new parts for that. A good body shop can make that perfect.

Old 04-19-2005, 11:37 PM
Never enough
Wow that high! I could fix that for about 1000.00

Old 04-20-2005, 12:05 AM
there is no crack in the bumper, just gauges that are not that deep. there is a dimple in the quarter panel that is pretty small as well, should be knocked out no problem.

the reason the second estimate is so high is because he knew it was an insurance job and billed 1700 for the clear bra plus five hours of labor, puts it at 2000!!! it should not really cost that much (500 or so), but i think he fudged the numbers to put some extra money in my pocket for down time and the hassle im going through. plus hes going to outsource the clear bra anyways.

his work is phenomenal, the other shop the dealer uses was so shady, i would never leave my car there (its a cadillac dealership). there was a huge difference in the way i was treated and the way my car was treated. for example the cadillac shop rep placed his clipboard on my hood when he was taking down my vin number, the other guy placed it on the windshield....things like that show me who respects the car more.

once the claim gets approved im sure i can talk the guy down to match the other guys price

Old 04-20-2005, 08:34 AM
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by G's Up
there is no crack in the bumper, just gauges that are not that deep. there is a dimple in the quarter panel that is pretty small as well, should be knocked out no problem.

the reason the second estimate is so high is because he knew it was an insurance job and billed 1700 for the clear bra plus five hours of labor, puts it at 2000!!! it should not really cost that much (500 or so), but i think he fudged the numbers to put some extra money in my pocket for down time and the hassle im going through. plus hes going to outsource the clear bra anyways.

his work is phenomenal, the other shop the dealer uses was so shady, i would never leave my car there (its a cadillac dealership). there was a huge difference in the way i was treated and the way my car was treated. for example the cadillac shop rep placed his clipboard on my hood when he was taking down my vin number, the other guy placed it on the windshield....things like that show me who respects the car more.

once the claim gets approved im sure i can talk the guy down to match the other guys price
oh.