Notices

Stupid 06 City Light

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 04:00 AM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by MrElussive
Don't you legally need those little city lights to be running with the headlights? No more clearance strips so they put those little city lights instead.

It would be cool if you could turn the city lights on and off independantly to use them as little daytime running lights for the rain or on cloudy days or whatever. Is there a way to do that?
Yes, just turn your parking lights on... Then the side markers and city lights will come on only.

I replaced my city lights with Blue LED's... I have had no problems with the police because my 8000k PIAA H1's blend them nicely and you can't see em very well when the fogs are on and I roll w/ my fogs on 100% when I have my headlighrs on.

Old 07-11-2006, 08:20 PM
a.k.a kleicoupe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can some1 do a DIY for removing the city lights?
pleaseeeee

Old 07-12-2006, 01:40 AM
Originally Posted by kleicoupe
can some1 do a DIY for removing the city lights?
pleaseeeee
Ok I am going to do a very quick and simple DIY....

Take of the neg bettery cable off the terminal

First take out 3 fasteners on the fender lining.

Then take out the grille by removing the 4 fasteners on the top and slide grille twards you to remove.

With a phillips screw diver take out the 2 (on each side) connecting the fender to the body behind the fender lining.

Remove the 2 fasteners holding the bumper to the car and then pull forward exposing the light housings...

with a 10mm rachet (w/ extension) remove the 4 bolts holding the lights in place.

Pull the light housings forward (no need to disconect wiring harnes) take the cap off the back and pull the city light out of the lower bulb housing.

To replace do in opposite order...

Old 07-12-2006, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by Triji
Yes, just turn your parking lights on... Then the side markers and city lights will come on only.

I replaced my city lights with Blue LED's... I have had no problems with the police because my 8000k PIAA H1's blend them nicely and you can't see em very well when the fogs are on and I roll w/ my fogs on 100% when I have my headlighrs on.

WOW
it's HOT!!!
which LED did you use to replace the city light?
I was thinking of putting RED ones but don't know where and which
one to get it..
and did you put blue LEDs under your front body kit?
I'm loving it man~

Old 07-12-2006, 12:09 PM
you don't need to take off the bumper. I find it easier to just take off the damn wheel and pop out the fender backing. it's fairly easy.
BTW those blue leds look sick!

Old 07-12-2006, 12:09 PM
a.k.a kleicoupe
Originally Posted by Triji
Ok I am going to do a very quick and simple DIY....

Take of the neg bettery cable off the terminal

First take out 3 fasteners on the fender lining.

Then take out the grille by removing the 4 fasteners on the top and slide grille twards you to remove.

With a phillips screw diver take out the 2 (on each side) connecting the fender to the body behind the fender lining.

Remove the 2 fasteners holding the bumper to the car and then pull forward exposing the light housings...

with a 10mm rachet (w/ extension) remove the 4 bolts holding the lights in place.

Pull the light housings forward (no need to disconect wiring harnes) take the cap off the back and pull the city light out of the lower bulb housing.

To replace do in opposite order...
Thanks!!!
I think i might have to give this a try if it is nice out this weekend!!

Old 07-12-2006, 12:18 PM
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
here's mine.. i bought them off ebay for cheap cheap cheap!!

Attached Thumbnails Stupid 06 City Light-2.jpg   Stupid 06 City Light-dsc_0104z.jpg  
Old 07-12-2006, 12:22 PM
a.k.a kleicoupe
Originally Posted by mx22o
Any pics with the HID lights on, just for color comparison?

Old 07-12-2006, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by SeOuLG35
WOW
it's HOT!!!
which LED did you use to replace the city light?
I was thinking of putting RED ones but don't know where and which
one to get it..
and did you put blue LEDs under your front body kit?
I'm loving it man~

Thanks!

I got them from here http://autolumination.com/194.htm I got the 194 oval led bulbs...

I would be very careful with the red though... These lights remember come on when you have your headlights on and I think red might be very noticeable to the police and they might not like it too much...

I like the blue because when I have my headlights & Foglights on they are not as noticeable...

I bought 15" and 10" strip LED lights (from Pep-Boys, dont laugh ) and attached them to the underside of the front bumper support to get the effect in the front bumper and carefully ran the wiring to the battery then thru the firewall so I can control them from inside my glove compartment. I also have lights in my engine bay so when showing at car shows at night I can light it up in there. (getting ready for HIN)

I am doing all the lighting myself so I know where the connetions are if I have a short in the future.

Old 07-12-2006, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by mx22o
Those look really nice!

Old 07-12-2006, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by g35newbps2
you don't need to take off the bumper. I find it easier to just take off the damn wheel and pop out the fender backing. it's fairly easy.
BTW those blue leds look sick!

Thanks!

I used to be able to get to all the lights w/ my '04 housings by just turning the wheel and taking off the fender cover...

With the 06's I find there is less room to work back there for some reason so for me it is just as easy to go the bumper route... I have taken that thing off and on so many times now I can do a whole conversion in 30 mins now... I have not tried jacking up the car and removing the wheel yet though to gain access...

Old 07-12-2006, 12:37 PM
it is a pain to jack the car up everytime you have to do this. I'm waiting to get my plastic coated sockets so that way I can use my air gun to make my life a little easier. I'll be replacing my h1's this weekend along with my 192s/ hopefully I get a better effect. Now you're making me think of adding some different color leds to the picture. :P

Old 07-12-2006, 01:18 PM
those 194 oval LEDS look sooo friggin hot. I'd go for a crazy bright color for that if i didn't care about attracting attention. What do you think the superwhite LEDS off autoillumination would like look mixed with the 06 fogs? Think maybe it would whiten up the yellow output? Or just look stupid.. i mean you really cant go wrong for a 2 dollar bulb

Old 07-12-2006, 01:47 PM
These are the PIAA's I have in my Fog lights... http://www.eautoworks.com/html/ORD-1-1-1-106071.cfm

and these are what I have in my projectors... http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/pihidsucored.html

I like them together very much... It is the closest match I could find... and I have tried probably 5-6 different pairs of H1's in there until these... most that even say 4000 - 6000K in the H1's were still too yellow for my taste...

I will try to get some pics up after it gets dark to show em on.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Stupid 06 City Light