Notices

Stupid 06 City Light

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 04:18 PM
a.k.a kleicoupe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Triji
Hey, Good Job! Yeah people think the bumper is more of a pain to take off than it actualy is.

Where are the pictures at??? Let's see them!!!!
I will take some pics. ASAP, and i also just modded ma Z-tube, so there will be pics of that also.

Old 07-19-2006, 11:05 PM
Here are mine with some polarg hyperwhite 194

Attached Thumbnails Stupid 06 City Light-im.jpg  
Old 07-20-2006, 03:01 AM
Originally Posted by MasterAv
Would the 194 oval LEDs you got from autolumination work well for this?
Triji - What do you think?

Where should I get these LEDs? Any 194 will work right?

Last edited by MasterAv; 07-20-2006 at 03:04 AM.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:48 AM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Triji - What do you think?

Where should I get these LEDs? Any 194 will work right?

This is where I got my bulbs from.... I got the 5th ones down....

http://autolumination.com/194.htm

194 Oval Leds Bulbs Emits A Wide Beam Of Forward Light
Blue Super White Red Amber Green UV

Oval Wide Angle Lenses

194 Signal/Marker Bulbs.

Oval Focused Lenses: Emit Light out the nose of the bulb. Oval Lens: This is a wide angle 100 degree beam.

Choose Color Blue Super White RedAmberGreenRED/Blue=Purple UV
Choose Lens Type Oval

Pick the ones yhou like the best, the above fork for me well.... Not that expensive at all so if you do not like them it will not take any time to pick different ones... Or get 2 or 3 different pairs and give em a try

Old 07-22-2006, 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by extreme4377
Its easiest to remove the wheel and peel back the lining. From there, you just pop out the bulb. Youll have a niec sized hole in your housing tho. Replace it with a PIAA exreme white bulb for 12 bucks and youre set.
What bulb is in the city light?

I just bought some black headlights for my 2003 sedan and to my disgust, when the black ones arrived, I noticed they have a city light while my 2003 headlights don't. I probably don't even have a wiring connection for a city light.

As a matter of fact, I don't even know what city lights are for, but my guess is that the government got involved somewhere. Are they supposed to be a daytime running light or what? How are they supposed to work and what do they do?

Old 07-24-2006, 09:26 AM
They are not DRLs in the US, maybe Canada. You can turn them on/off but not independently. I am not sure about the sedan, but the coupe uses the same wiring for the city light as the strip.

Oh and I tried those LEDs from autolumination and they were too blue for my taste, I just have amber bulbs now.

Old 07-24-2006, 06:06 PM
^^which color? I just ordered two matrix oval superwhite leds for the city lights and two inverted led superwhites for the clear corners...im hoping to avoid the bright center in the clear corners by getting inverted leds. im counting on them reflecting off the housing and creating an equal amount of light all over...i'll let everyone know what happens when i get them..WITH pictures

Old 07-25-2006, 12:43 AM
tomcatm - can you send me some pics of amber city lights?

Autolumination doesn't have any yellow LEDs, only amber. I'm not sure if the amber will give the look that I'm going for =\.

Old 07-25-2006, 01:37 PM
tomcatm - can you send me some pics of amber city lights?

Autolumination doesn't have any yellow LEDs, only amber. I'm not sure if the amber will give the look that I'm going for =\.
Sorry if I confused you. I have the hyperwhite filament Polar bulb in my city light. I had the autolumination hyperwhite LED in the clear corners, but I took those off and use the amber filament bulb for the clear corners. Anyways you dont want to run the LEDs in your city light cuz of the heat, stick to a filament bulb.

Old 07-25-2006, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by tomcatm
I had the autolumination hyperwhite LED in the clear corners, but I took those off and use the amber filament bulb for the clear corners. Anyways you dont want to run the LEDs in your city light cuz of the heat, stick to a filament bulb.

wait, they will run too hot? isn't everyone in this whole thread talking about running the LEDs in their city lights? Has anyone actually had a problem of them running too hot?...

Old 07-25-2006, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by 06BLACKMT
wait, they will run too hot? isn't everyone in this whole thread talking about running the LEDs in their city lights? Has anyone actually had a problem of them running too hot?...
Actually its the opposite, LEDs (especially cheap ones) are prone to failure when used next to a heat source like your HID/H1 housing. YMMV, but I stick to filament bulbs inside the housing.

Old 07-25-2006, 05:30 PM
I have had my LED's in the City Lights for almost 3 months now w/ no problems at all... I have no problem changing them out every 4-6 months if that is all they last... I love the effect they give

Old 07-25-2006, 08:42 PM
does anyone know the color of the wires that connect to the city light? There is a wire harness that goes to the light, I figure if I cut the wires they wont light up. Has anyone tried that?

Old 07-26-2006, 12:01 AM
Originally Posted by MIAG35
does anyone know the color of the wires that connect to the city light? There is a wire harness that goes to the light, I figure if I cut the wires they wont light up. Has anyone tried that?

HUH?!?!?!? why not just take the frickn bulb out? No need to cut the wires incase later on you want to use them again....

Old 07-26-2006, 12:06 AM
^^^lol. dont cut anything! just pop out the bulb if you dont want them. AHHH i cant wait for these autoillumination LEDS to get here. How long did shipping take for all of you?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Stupid 06 City Light