Auto Shifter Position Lights won't work

  #1  
Old 01-01-2014, 12:38 PM
willmkent's Avatar
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 421
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Auto Shifter Position Lights won't work

Hey Guys,

so my auto shift lights are not working in my 2004 coupe. I found a thread that had some one asking about this which helped me learn how to take the center apart and replace the bulb, however my bulb was not burnt out and a replacement bulb would not illuminate either.

I see this is somewhat common but I could not find the issue behind it. If any one knows it would be greatly appreciated, Otherwise I think I am going to attempt to run a completely separate hardwire to the light switch and see if that will work....

thanks guys!
 
  #2  
Old 01-03-2014, 10:20 AM
willmkent's Avatar
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 421
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Any Ideas guys, Its not a terrible problem but I would like my G to be in top shape down the last bulb
 
  #3  
Old 01-05-2014, 08:34 PM
Frankieg35's Avatar
Premier Member
iTrader: (41)
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 17,255
Received 854 Likes on 742 Posts
Check your fuzes..
 
  #4  
Old 01-05-2014, 09:48 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (3)
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,608
Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
did you make sure you matched the polarity on the bulb? +/- side..
 
  #5  
Old 01-07-2014, 07:25 PM
Rodrigo's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (14)
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: South Florida
Posts: 957
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The replacement bulb is a 74
1.1 w
 
  #6  
Old 01-08-2014, 10:12 PM
willmkent's Avatar
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 421
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
hmmm first of all, I didn't know that there was a polarity of the bulb, but, the bulb in there right now doesn't look burnt out at all. I will recheck,

and my dumb A$$ never checked any of the fuses... i gotta check that.

well, when it gets a little warmer... right now i don't want to do anything lol
 
  #7  
Old 01-09-2014, 03:16 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (3)
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,608
Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by willmkent View Post
hmmm first of all, I didn't know that there was a polarity of the bulb, but, the bulb in there right now doesn't look burnt out at all. I will recheck,

and my dumb A$$ never checked any of the fuses... i gotta check that.

well, when it gets a little warmer... right now i don't want to do anything lol
yep.. LED's.. you have to match up the + and -'s.. if it does turn on, just rotate it and try again!
 
  #8  
Old 01-11-2014, 07:52 AM
willmkent's Avatar
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 421
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Before I go outside and freeze lol, can anyone tell me which fuse this would be connected to and where it's located? It can't be the normal illumination because the rest of my lights work
 
  #9  
Old 01-11-2014, 12:20 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (3)
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,608
Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by willmkent View Post
Before I go outside and freeze lol, can anyone tell me which fuse this would be connected to and where it's located? It can't be the normal illumination because the rest of my lights work
sounds like the bulb.. would they really have one dedicated fuse for that simple light? haha

wear a coat, tough guy
 
  #10  
Old 01-11-2014, 02:13 PM
willmkent's Avatar
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 421
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Haha but it's soooooo coooooold. Alright I'll get out there and give a whirl. I'll report back with my findings
 
  #11  
Old 01-16-2014, 10:27 PM
willmkent's Avatar
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 421
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Ok guys, I checked all of my fuses just to make sure that it wasn't one of them, then I double checked the bulb and to me it does not look burn out at all. All the filament is intact. i removed the bulb and turned it around and then re installed it and still no lights. If i remember correctly, The light worked when I first got the car. and then the only thing i can think of, is the battery died in the car and I had to replace it. After that I noticed that the light did not work.

could there be anything related to this light in the fuse panel under the hood by any chance????
 
  #12  
Old 01-16-2014, 10:30 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (3)
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,608
Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by willmkent View Post
Ok guys, I checked all of my fuses just to make sure that it wasn't one of them, then I double checked the bulb and to me it does not look burn out at all. All the filament is intact. i removed the bulb and turned it around and then re installed it and still no lights. If i remember correctly, The light worked when I first got the car. and then the only thing i can think of, is the battery died in the car and I had to replace it. After that I noticed that the light did not work.

could there be anything related to this light in the fuse panel under the hood by any chance????
sounds like it's time to drive off the cliff
 
  #13  
Old 01-16-2014, 10:38 PM
willmkent's Avatar
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 421
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
haha, not at that point yet. Im just particular, i can live without it working but I always challenge why it isn't working..
 
  #14  
Old 11-20-2018, 12:56 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 10
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any resolution ? The service manual warns of a delicate guide pin on the console finisher, which I'm afraid of breaking.

Anyone successfully removed the finisher/cover ?

"CAUTION:
Guide pin inserted into A/T device guide can be easily broken.
Be careful when removing it."
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Joshua615
Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
6
08-31-2015 12:29 AM
Bean_VQ35DE
Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
49
08-03-2015 05:17 PM
myaso
Lighting
0
07-22-2015 10:34 PM
attarday
General Tech Questions
7
07-15-2015 04:03 PM
Jadenkid22
G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07
0
07-14-2015 12:33 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Auto Shifter Position Lights won't work


Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: