Notices

Cracked headlights covered w/ bumper to bumper?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 07:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cracked headlights covered w/ bumper to bumper?

hey guys i just got my g35 like 2 weeks ago, a used 03
i was washing it yesterday and when i got to my passenger side headlight i noticed a small, yet noticeable crack in the plastic reflective housing, and when i went to the drivers side, almost the identical crack was there as well

now my question is whether or not something like this would be covered under the bumper to bumper warranty that i think i still have hopefully (03 with 44k miles)...i mean either way im sure i can go there and complain and get something out of it but id like to know if im going to have a lot of trouble or not...my 2nd question is if it is covered do u think the dealership would cooperate if i wanted to put 06 headlights on instead? even if it cost me like the extra 200 bucks i would gladly dish that out

let me know, comments r appreciated

Old 05-08-2006, 01:10 AM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by timdastis
hey guys i just got my g35 like 2 weeks ago, a used 03
i was washing it yesterday and when i got to my passenger side headlight i noticed a small, yet noticeable crack in the plastic reflective housing, and when i went to the drivers side, almost the identical crack was there as well

now my question is whether or not something like this would be covered under the bumper to bumper warranty that i think i still have hopefully (03 with 44k miles)...i mean either way im sure i can go there and complain and get something out of it but id like to know if im going to have a lot of trouble or not...my 2nd question is if it is covered do u think the dealership would cooperate if i wanted to put 06 headlights on instead? even if it cost me like the extra 200 bucks i would gladly dish that out

let me know, comments r appreciated

I got my driverside headlight replaced last week because of that crack. i'm hoping my passenger side will crack soon so i can get a new one. Put your orignal bulbs in there because they took my super white bulb and replaced it with a stock one!

Old 05-08-2006, 01:15 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that crack comes from driving with the fog lights on. there is a problem with that lower plastic and if you drive with your fog lights on all the time that will eventually happen. it is a common problem

Old 05-08-2006, 07:50 AM
i dont drive with them on hardly ever, but i do use them in dark spots occasionally, but who knows what the previous owner did...do u think they will be able to replace them with 06 ones?

Old 05-08-2006, 01:35 PM
danggg. I did hear someone have the same thing and had it replced under warranty.

and I'm not sure if the dealership would get the 06 headlights for you to replace those. Probably all depends on the service rep. might want to offer him money jokigly, see if he takes the bait! that's after they agree to replace them.

Old 05-08-2006, 01:37 PM
same problem happened to me. I'm going to get mine replaced

Old 05-08-2006, 11:35 PM
Thumbs down Pissed

Yeah I had the same problem, i got mine replaced about 1 month or 2 ago and Grubbs totally F'ed mine up. My headlight sticks out more than normal now. Has anyone else had this problem when get you get yours replaces.

Old 05-09-2006, 12:03 AM
WRAH
Originally Posted by cjgate
Yeah I had the same problem, i got mine replaced about 1 month or 2 ago and Grubbs totally F'ed mine up. My headlight sticks out more than normal now. Has anyone else had this problem when get you get yours replaces.
Cry a little more, baby. You can have them adjust it no problem. Its not a big deal!

Old 05-09-2006, 01:55 AM
i gotta check mine tomarrow for that. Maybe this will be my incentive to get the 06's!

Old 05-09-2006, 02:01 AM
I had the same problem replaced under warranty few months ago...im guess because of the heat from driving with the fogs on and i had PIAAs for the fog/high beam....so now after i got the new headlights i resist to install the PIAA back on... Im surprised that many others didnt have the problem...

Old 05-09-2006, 03:14 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
This is only a guess but how many of you guys with cracked headlights live where it gets really cold? It would only make sense (with physics) that if it is really cold and you turn on your headlights, it will heat it up really fast. Hence, the cracked headlights. Mine hasn't cracked. We should do a poll on this

Old 05-09-2006, 03:05 PM
No Go

Originally Posted by WRAH
Cry a little more, baby. You can have them adjust it no problem. Its not a big deal!
Ive taken it to them 2wice and they couldn't get it adjusted. I might have to get a 2nd opinion from another dealer.

Old 05-09-2006, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by mephistomyhero
This is only a guess but how many of you guys with cracked headlights live where it gets really cold? It would only make sense (with physics) that if it is really cold and you turn on your headlights, it will heat it up really fast. Hence, the cracked headlights. Mine hasn't cracked. We should do a poll on this
Interesting. Infiniti should have a recall on these. Seems like more people are noticing their headlight crack. The rest won't notice it because it generally runs along those weaved lines.

The reason it cracked is because of the HID heat. Early models use HID reflector instead of HID Projector, therefore, these mediocre housings won't be able to withstand these tremedious heats. That's why you see these HID cars usually comes with projectors. They're able to withstand the heat better and shield them in.

'Nuff said, i'm going to swap out for 06

Well, at least, that's what I see in my experiences.

Old 05-09-2006, 03:26 PM
I havent noticed a crack, but I will go check for that ASAP. HOwever I did notice the plastic covers are a little "foggy" looking. It looks like they're dirty, but they're not...

Anyone have the same thing?

Old 05-13-2006, 11:21 PM
just lettin u guys know they replaced it no questions asked covered with bumper to bumper...the guy said that the previous owner had aftermarket HID bulbs which caused it (total BS)...i tried to convince him to give me the 06 lights but to no avail...im hopin it happens again so i can complain enough the 2nd time to get the 06s

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cracked headlights covered w/ bumper to bumper?