6k/3k installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 07:20 PM
Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
its the design+ your housing flaw.

in order to have a hi/low bulb work, there is a relay/solenoid that moves the bulb a forward and backwards. I guess in order to design a bulb like this, the bulb had to pushed up a little more, I guess that is where the problem is at. Dont quote me on any of this, i read and gather tid bits from random sites and random people posting but that seems to make sense in my head. People who make bulbs are worried about the adapters and applications, not so much as the total length of the bulb as long as the total length is reasonable.

Looking at the pictures, your eyelash picture first posted was fogs and not high beams and this last picture is indeed high beams. The bulbs are doing what they are suppose to but the housing on that bulb isn't matching. Sucks to find out, most people never opt for dual beams. i didn;t when i used 9004 or 9007 kits. both headlight designs were hi/lo.

I think you will blind them with your yellow winks.

Old 09-16-2010, 09:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TurTLe*
its the design+ your housing flaw.

in order to have a hi/low bulb work, there is a relay/solenoid that moves the bulb a forward and backwards. I guess in order to design a bulb like this, the bulb had to pushed up a little more, I guess that is where the problem is at. Dont quote me on any of this, i read and gather tid bits from random sites and random people posting but that seems to make sense in my head. People who make bulbs are worried about the adapters and applications, not so much as the total length of the bulb as long as the total length is reasonable.

Looking at the pictures, your eyelash picture first posted was fogs and not high beams and this last picture is indeed high beams. The bulbs are doing what they are suppose to but the housing on that bulb isn't matching. Sucks to find out, most people never opt for dual beams. i didn;t when i used 9004 or 9007 kits. both headlight designs were hi/lo.

I think you will blind them with your yellow winks.

So what your saying is...Im screwed..What about a different shield that covers more of the bulb, rather than the one thats on there that has a small rectangular piece cut out of the middle of it? Im thinking of anything....Poss try and see if they will return the hi/lo bulb and get just the fog bulb..that way I dont have the "Mimi Eyes" lol

Old 09-16-2010, 10:18 PM
Mr.202?

Received 205 Likes on 163 Posts
^ yea seems the hi/lo bulbs are an issue just go for the low only bulbs. They don't have the eye lashed.

Old 09-17-2010, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by thescreensavers
^ yea seems the hi/lo bulbs are an issue just go for the low only bulbs. They don't have the eye lashed.

Sounds good, I will see if DDM will let me exchange for the low bulb. Cross your fingers

Old 09-17-2010, 05:29 PM
Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by lowerd4lyfe
So what your saying is...Im screwed..What about a different shield that covers more of the bulb, rather than the one thats on there that has a small rectangular piece cut out of the middle of it? Im thinking of anything....Poss try and see if they will return the hi/lo bulb and get just the fog bulb..that way I dont have the "Mimi Eyes" lol
the word "casper sheild" comes to mind. These were popular in like 05-06 but i didn't have a car that used H4 bulbs so i didn't try to do super research on it.

http://www.hachiroku.net/forums/showthread.php?t=700

But i rather just get low bulbs and call it a day

Old 09-17-2010, 07:09 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I'm running roughly the same setup except my fogs aren't hid's and my low's are 8k a little more blue. Still sexy nonetheless

Old 09-18-2010, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by TurTLe*
the word "casper sheild" comes to mind. These were popular in like 05-06 but i didn't have a car that used H4 bulbs so i didn't try to do super research on it.

http://www.hachiroku.net/forums/showthread.php?t=700

But i rather just get low bulbs and call it a day
Thats exactly it! THe bulb is super long and they got a shield like that over the bulb...But the shield is not solid the whole way. It has a box missing, my guess to let the bulb breathe?? but i think i might weld it shut, and hope that its the fix to my eyelashes...

Old 09-18-2010, 09:00 PM
Mr.202?

^ I would first see if DDM would exchange lol

Old 09-24-2010, 11:04 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
So i just installed my 3k Kit from DDM and my passenger side gave off the "eyebrow mod". After examining the headlight beam pattern I noticed that my shield on the passenger side was facing down like (n) while the driverside was (u). From what i can only assume until I get the chance to remove the hid is that the bulb itself was installed wrong giving off the incorrect pattern. The blue marks off where he eyebrow pattern comes from

Old 09-25-2010, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by Max626
So i just installed my 3k Kit from DDM and my passenger side gave off the "eyebrow mod". After examining the headlight beam pattern I noticed that my shield on the passenger side was facing down like (n) while the driverside was (u). From what i can only assume until I get the chance to remove the hid is that the bulb itself was installed wrong giving off the incorrect pattern. The blue marks off where he eyebrow pattern comes from

Did you get the Hi/Lo bulb? Let me know if you figure out a fix for the eyes

Old 09-25-2010, 11:56 AM
Mr.202?

Yea there should be no light coming from the bottom half since the bulb has a shield to help with the cut off. So yea the bulb was installed incorrectly.

Old 09-25-2010, 04:35 PM
I purchased a regular H4 kit thinking the Hi/Low would give me that problem, i should have time tonight to take a look and turn the bulb to fix my problem.

lowerd4lyfe can u take a look at your bulb and let me know which position your shield is.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:36 PM
I was right the hid bulb was installed incorrectly, the shield must sit like (U). here are my before/after pics:

Last edited by Max626; 09-28-2010 at 02:36 AM.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:06 AM
I purchased a regular H4 kit thinking the Hi/Low would give me that problem, i should have time tonight to take a look and turn the bulb to fix my problem.

lowerd4lyfe can u take a look at your bulb and let me know which position your shield is.
So you just bought the H4 bulb....not the H4 Hi/Lo correct?
The regular H4 (not HiLo) doesn't have the eyelash problem. Screensaver has no problem with his. Not sure of any other G with the Hi/Lo.

I will take a pic of the bulb and shield this weekend, to show.
Thanks for the posts.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:30 AM
When u remove them take note of the position of the shields on both sides

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 6k/3k installed