6k/3k installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 07:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So from what it sounds, Im the only one on here that gave the Hi/Lo a Shot?? (put that in the Rare Sedan Parts Section! ) Once it gets warmer out and i have the time to get in there...I might do alil welding and fabing on the bulb shield to make the eyelashes go away.

If anyone has any idea shoot em at me!

Old 12-07-2010, 06:50 PM
rather than having to weld the bulb shield, is it possible to just aim the fog lights lower? i too have the eyelashes from the fogs HIDs, has anyone found a solution to the eyelashes?

Old 12-08-2010, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by ryanwongg
rather than having to weld the bulb shield, is it possible to just aim the fog lights lower? i too have the eyelashes from the fogs HIDs, has anyone found a solution to the eyelashes?
Well, Im glad I'm not the only one with this problem!
Im dealing with it for now...But once it gets higher than 30 degrees here in PA, I might try and fab somthing up to see if it blocks the light. (filling in the rectangular hole in the bulb shield) I will keep ya informed...Vice versa, if you find something out!.

Old 12-09-2010, 12:54 AM
good to hear! as soon im done with finals, im going to see if i can aim the fogs lower...ive looked around the forum and havent seen anything about aiming 1st gen fogs or fogs in general. if anyone knows could they please post a link??

anyway i looked around in the engine and saw a hole leading lower towards the fogs and saw a little gear like figure that seems like it could turn so i will give that a try once i get a chance and let ya know.
although preferably i'd like to just shield it to where it all makes a clean horizontal line of light against a wall.

this picture was taken when i was on a lower level compared to my neighbors drive way. it's pretty bad

Old 12-09-2010, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by ryanwongg
good to hear! as soon im done with finals, im going to see if i can aim the fogs lower...ive looked around the forum and havent seen anything about aiming 1st gen fogs or fogs in general. if anyone knows could they please post a link??

anyway i looked around in the engine and saw a hole leading lower towards the fogs and saw a little gear like figure that seems like it could turn so i will give that a try once i get a chance and let ya know.
although preferably i'd like to just shield it to where it all makes a clean horizontal line of light against a wall.

this picture was taken when i was on a lower level compared to my neighbors drive way. it's pretty bad
Well I guess yours arent as bad as mine...Atleast yours arent Yellow!! Look back a few pages, My eyelashes are pretty severe!!...Well get something to fix it, just sucks its cold right now where im at!

Old 12-11-2010, 06:34 AM
haha take your time, i feel ya cause i hate the cold! so i was digging around in the headlight area and it turns out that what i had thought to be a fog aiming ****, was not.

what is strange is that only my driver side has the high eyelash. well my passenger side has the eyelashes but they are aimed much lower and are barely visible as they blend in with my low beam.

if all else fails, maybe ill just stick back in the piaas into my fogs and then replace my low beam with hids and see if that doesnt create eyelashes? have you ever heard of the eyelashes appearing in the low beam when using hids?

Old 12-11-2010, 02:37 PM
Very nice, cant go wrong with that combo

Old 12-27-2010, 04:18 PM
My driver side HID is blown. Thinking about buying these, 8ks and 3ks. What do you guys think? Too much with the 8ks, should I just run the 6ks?

I have 6ks in my car now, until the driver side ballast burned out. I was looking into HIDs made by BLAZE but they dont have the H4 without the hi/lo. Looks like these should be pretty good. Might just have to order them today.

Old 12-27-2010, 05:30 PM
Mr.202?

Received 205 Likes on 163 Posts
Run with 6ks, or Even 5ks. I would never go above 6k.

Also There is a problem with the hi/lo bulb check the bottom of the OP. Also check post 49

Old 12-27-2010, 09:51 PM
Old 12-30-2010, 11:42 PM
Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
I ahve been buying off that site since they were like $80. They produce their own kits and thats why they are so cheap. No mark-up middle man. I have these kits in my car and various other automobiles in our driveway lol Great experiences so far.

SS: Glad to see you got them in. Thank god for Blackberry Messenger. Probably made the install a little easier.
i also have had no probs with my kits, i would however buy the slim ballast kits, not the raptor kits. I have had the slims in my heads and fogs of my truck for a couple years with no probs.

Old 12-31-2010, 03:32 AM
this is kinda off topick. but would it be alright if i just replace my OEM bulbs with DDM's 6k's or what?

Old 12-31-2010, 09:33 AM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
^You can do that. That is what I did.

Old 01-04-2011, 06:12 PM
I ordered mine today should be here friday. I snap some pics to post up when its done

Old 01-04-2011, 07:58 PM
Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by itzjayswag
this is kinda off topick. but would it be alright if i just replace my OEM bulbs with DDM's 6k's or what?
you can but why would you want to do that. Other then looking like a ricer and lowering overall visibility. I think the 6k bulbs are great as a replacement for burnt out ones but not to just replace working ones. 4300k OEM will give you the most light on the road hands down but at the price of OEM bulbs the DDM is a decent trade off.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 6k/3k installed