Media Share V36 Sedan 2007 +Sedan Pictures

Let the Modding Begin....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 03:50 PM
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by G35xQX1
Too sporty?!?! there is no such thing as too sporty for our sedans because they are sporty . and yes 2go, those are nice wheels you chose.

To answer the question directed to jran, the GTS max size are 19's
Yeah... I agree completely... That's what I told her, "it's a freaking sports sedan!". LOL... She just seems to think it's too "classy" for those wheels... Oh well, I'm sure she'll still want to drive it with the SSR's on.

Yeah, I'm aware the GTS's only come in 19's, but from the way I read it, he wanted to go with 19's, not 20's, then he found th GTS's. No biggie though... was just curious.

Old 03-06-2009, 03:51 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
To answer the question directed to jran, the GTS max size are 19's
That too, but I also considered the GT30 which does come in a 20" size. My decision making process went like this:
**I really debated the color and the size. In the end I decided 19's were the way to go, and that I could live with Black or Gunmetal colored wheels.
**I also had a really good idea on offsets. I knew I wanted a 8.5" wheel for the front with a +32 to +37 offset, and a 9.5" rear with a +38 to +42 offset.
**Once I decided on the above, it was a matter of finding a wheel I liked that matched the above, and that would clear the Sport brakes.
**I considered iForged (I had a set that looked awesome on my 350Z, but also had some issues), another set of Enkei wheels (GTC-01), the 2 above mentioned Volks, and some SSR wheels.

Wheels are a personal preference, and there is no way everyone is going to like the decisions you make (it is a little tougher to complain about Volks, but there is someone that thinks my offsets are weak, etc.). You have to consider the above and make a decision that satisfies you.

Last edited by jran76; 03-06-2009 at 07:12 PM.
Old 03-06-2009, 05:08 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jran76
Wheels are a personal preference, and there is no way everyone is going to like the decisions you make (it is a little tougher to complain about Volks, but there is someone that thinks my offsets are weak, etc.). You have to consider the above and make a decision that satisfies you.
i think the offsets of your wheels are perfect. im am running 8.5 +36 all around (due to my X) but if i didnt have the X, i would have been running 9.5 +37 in the back. regardless, as i have posted b4, they are going to look super sic once you get them mounted

Old 03-06-2009, 06:01 PM
i think the offsets of your wheels are perfect. im am running 8.5 +36 all around (due to my X) but if i didnt have the X, i would have been running 9.5 +37 in the back. regardless, as i have posted b4, they are going to look super sic once you get them mounted
Cool, thanks. I was curious what offsets you were running.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:25 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Excellent choice in wheels. IMO, if you are gonna keep your stockers, I would dismount the tires and sell them, then transfer the TPMS over to your new wheels. Then you just keep the stock wheels which take up less space. If stored for a very long time, the rubber compound on tires tend to degrade over time, so they may not be so safe by the time you might decide to swap them back.
I am probably going to keep them. Not 100% sure though. I never once mounted the stock wheels back on my 04 after I installed some wheels in the first month of ownership, so I am not sure if it makes sense for me to keep these now.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the wheels look good Adrian, not too sporty at all.

Old 03-06-2009, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by terrycs
Excellent choice in wheels. IMO, if you are gonna keep your stockers, I would dismount the tires and sell them, then transfer the TPMS over to your new wheels. Then you just keep the stock wheels which take up less space. If stored for a very long time, the rubber compound on tires tend to degrade over time, so they may not be so safe by the time you might decide to swap them back.
Thanks. I never considered that, but I may do that. I kind of like the idea of having a spare set in case of an emergency, but I guess I could just buy a set of tires if something did happen. Like I said, I kept my brand new stock wheels/tires from my G35 in my garage for 5 years, and never used them once.

I am going to use the TPMS from my stock wheels. I had a hard time telling if I could use them on the GTS wheels, but I picked up some adapters from iForged just in case. In anyone is interested, here is a link (I found this in a thread on here):
http://www.iforged.com/store/index.p...7b4dd004559ef2

Old 03-06-2009, 08:36 PM
Thanks. I never considered that, but I may do that. I kind of like the idea of having a spare set in case of an emergency, but I guess I could just buy a set of tires if something did happen. Like I said, I kept my brand new stock wheels/tires from my G35 in my garage for 5 years, and never used them once.

I am going to use the TPMS from my stock wheels. I had a hard time telling if I could use them on the GTS wheels, but I picked up some adapters from iForged just in case. In anyone is interested, here is a link (I found this in a thread on here):
http://www.iforged.com/store/index.p...7b4dd004559ef2
you can use the stock TPMS w/ the GTS provided you have one of those adapters b/c i have them on my GTS's

Old 03-06-2009, 09:46 PM
I got the 90 degree valve stem adapters. It sounds like it should work.

Old 03-07-2009, 04:34 AM
I went with 19's pretty much for the reasons you listed. I don't like to sacrifice performance for looks. 20's get too heavy, and give up some ride comfort. I really like the performance of light-weight 18's, and they also give good ride comfort. This is what I had on my G35 (18" Enkei's that weighed about 18 lbs.), but I really like to look of bigger wheels on the G. So, I thought the 19's were a good compromise. The weight and slimmed down sidewalls of 20's scared me off.... Here are a couple pics of my old car with 18's.
Looks great!!! Very similar to my Dad's G, sans the wheels... Why did you get rid of it? Just wanting something newer / different?

Old 03-07-2009, 04:37 AM
Originally Posted by boss81
I think the wheels look good Adrian, not too sporty at all.
I think so too, Will... Just gonna have to wait 2 - 3 months to get them.

So, which finish do you think will look best with my IP... the standard SSR silver finish or the SSR "super black coat" (i.e. gunmetal) finish?

Old 03-07-2009, 09:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
gunmetal

Old 03-07-2009, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by boss81
gunmetal

Old 03-07-2009, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
Looks great!!! Very similar to my Dad's G, sans the wheels... Why did you get rid of it? Just wanting something newer / different?
Yup, that was pretty much it. I had it for 5 years and 50k miles. It was time for a change. I ended up selling it with everything on it for a good price ($18k, which both me and the buyer were happy with).

Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G

So, which finish do you think will look best with my IP... the standard SSR silver finish or the SSR "super black coat" (i.e. gunmetal) finish?
SBC / Gunmetal for sure. It would look sick on the white sedan. Do it....

Old 03-07-2009, 03:01 PM
Thanks for the input guys... I guess SSR's super black coat / gunmetal it is. I was leaning that way anyway, but my wife said she thought the silver would look better, so that got me thinking... You guys have set me straight, though.

$18K sounds like a pretty decent deal for a low mileage 1st gen G sedan, jran... especially one that looks as well kept as your was. I know how tough it can be to get rid of one of your "babies", but the sadness ends quickly once the new "baby" arrives!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Let the Modding Begin....