Media Share V36 Sedan 2007 +Sedan Pictures

Let the Modding Begin....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 04:53 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Let the Modding Begin....

I know my car is an 09, but until I see some live human beings in the G37 sedan forums, I am going to post in the 07+ sedan section. I am going to use this thread to post pictures and updates on all of my mods. I have lots of plans, but I am only going to post things that I actually get done.

So, lets get started.... First mod= 19" Volk GTS Wheels in Titanium Gunmetel. I just got the wheels today and they are not mounted. I was really concerned about brake caliper clearance on the rear. Volk recommends "Inset A" for the large calipers of the G37 Sport Package. My fronts are Inset A, so I don't expect any issues. The rears are Inset C, which gives the least amount of caliper clearance. Needless to say, the rear fit without issues.

Here are some teaser pics of the test fit for the rear. I will post more pics and update the other mods when they happen. I still need to get some tires, and decide on what suspension I am going to go with before I install the wheels. Both should happen in the next 1-2 weeks.

Attached Thumbnails Let the Modding Begin....-gts_box_small.jpg   Let the Modding Begin....-gts_closeup_small.jpg   Let the Modding Begin....-test-fit1_small.jpg  
Old 03-03-2009, 05:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So what are you doing with the OEM wheels and tires?

Old 03-03-2009, 05:40 PM
Received 73 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by jran76
I know my car is an 09, but until I see some live human beings in the G37 sedan forums, I am going to post in the 07+ sedan section.
LOL!!! ...but we appreciate you for it!

Old 03-03-2009, 05:44 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That's sick, I hav ethe LP too and can't wait to see what they look like (gun metal) against the LP! NICE!!!!

Old 03-03-2009, 05:48 PM
hmm the GT-S's are becoming so played out...makes me want to sell mine. j/k nice pick up and great choice in wheels! can't wait to see the progress

Old 03-03-2009, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by befree112
So what are you doing with the OEM wheels and tires?
I am probably going to keep them. Not 100% sure though. I never once mounted the stock wheels back on my 04 after I installed some wheels in the first month of ownership, so I am not sure if it makes sense for me to keep these now. Most people hate the 09 wheels so much, I don't know that there will be much interest. I happen to think they are OK for some stock wheels (I hate it when people say this, but they look better in person). They also clear the brakes and it is hard to find wheels that will. If I decide to sell them, I will post them up here first.

Originally Posted by KulG35
That's sick, I hav ethe LP too and can't wait to see what they look like (gun metal) against the LP! NICE!!!!
Me too!!! I was debating black or gunmetal, but I found a really good deal on these and they were in stock. So, gunmetal it is... I think it will look OK, but if it does not, I may powdercoat the centers later.

Originally Posted by G35xQX1
hmm the GT-S's are becoming so played out...makes me want to sell mine. j/k nice pick up and great choice in wheels! can't wait to see the progress
LOL.... I know, right when I start thinking about wheels, I see like 3 sets of these pop up. All in all, these wheels are extremely rare, so other than this forum, I think we are OK. I will freely admit that you, ugaexplorer, and kmuniz78 were the first. I am still pretty excited!

Old 03-03-2009, 06:54 PM
OMG, nice and a 6MT!!! You are my new best friend! Damn, I wish you were in CA!

Old 03-03-2009, 08:40 PM
jran76 - yeah you should be excited im excited too...mine are still sitting in my garage waiting for winter to be over...1 more month, 1 more month

Old 03-04-2009, 02:50 AM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts

He's using the "OG" jack lol (j/k)

Nice wheels. I would have personally wanted more color contrast, but that's just be being picky. Wish I could run Volks on my car, but alas....

Old 03-04-2009, 03:09 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice pickup! Let me know if you need tires. I am local.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by Don@TireOption
Nice pickup! Let me know if you need tires. I am local.
I do. I will PM you shortly.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by san~man

He's using the "OG" jack lol (j/k)

Nice wheels. I would have personally wanted more color contrast, but that's just be being picky. Wish I could run Volks on my car, but alas....
I have 2 floor jacks and they both have crapped out on me in the last couple of weeks. It was the first time in probably 10 years I busted out a factory jack. I almost forgot how to use it.

I felt the same way about the wheels. I really was looking at black GTS or GT30 wheels (Diamond or flat black). In the end, I found these for about $700 cheaper than anywhere else, and they were in stock, so I jumped on it. If I decide to go with black, I will pull the wheels apart and powdercoat the middle section. I also think the gunmetal is a lot darker in some light. The flash on my Canon DSLR camera is pretty strong and washes out some of the color. In more natural light, and at night the wheels look like a dark gray. In bright light (flash/sun) they almost have a dark sliver look to them (that is maybe a tad too close to my LP, but we will see).

Old 03-04-2009, 02:14 PM
Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts
those wheels look sick with LP!

subscribed..

Old 03-04-2009, 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by KulG35
Haha same here...LP FTW!!!

Great looking wheels bro. Cant wait to see them slammed

Old 03-04-2009, 08:22 PM
Sick wheels!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Let the Modding Begin....